Short Answer Questions Key
1. How old is the narrator when her family arrives in Macun?
2. To what does the narrator compare her family's first house?
A lard can.
3. How does Esmeralda burn her fingers?
She touches the sunny side of the house.
4. What does Mami put on the narrator's burned fingers?
5. What color butterfly does Mami swat away from her ear?
6. What kind of music does Papi hum while he works?
His favorite chachacha.
7. How many eggs does the hen in the yard lay?
8. Why is Mami afraid of the dirt floor in the new house?
She's afraid of the scorpions and spiders.
This section contains 4,308 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)