|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Shot at It and Epilogue: One of These Days.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Esmeralda go with Mami to act as a translator?
(a) The police station.
(b) The welfare office.
(c) A meeting with Mami's boss at the factory.
(d) The elementary school office.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the images in the botanica window Esmeralda passes in "El Mangle"?
(a) A bleeding Jesus Christ.
(b) The Creation scene.
(c) A blonde Virgin Mary.
(d) The Tree of Life.
3. Why won't Abuela make breakfast before Mass?
(a) Abuela is punishing Esmeralda.
(b) Abuela does not have anything to make for breakfast.
(c) Abuela fasts before church.
(d) Abuela does not want to be late.
4. How many eggs does the hen in the yard lay?
5. Which authority figure in Esmeralda's life is so gullible as to believe everything the children tell him/her?
(b) Titi Generosa.
(c) Don Luis.
(d) Dona Andrea.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the meeting in "The American Invasion of Macun", what does each family take home?
2. How many siblings did Mami's mother have?
3. Why is Mami uncomfortable with Papi's idea that Esmeralda take piano lessons?
4. When Mr. Barone asks Esmeralda about her hobbies, what does she tell him she likes to do after school?
5. What title does Esmeralda's teacher in El Mangle refuse to respond to?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)