|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Angels on the Ceiling and You Don't Want to Know.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why wouldn't a mugger find money in Mami's purse?
(a) Mami never had enough money to carry cash.
(b) Mami always gave cash to the children to carry.
(c) Mami carried money in a wallet in her skirt pocket.
(d) Mami carried cash in her bra.
2. Why don't boys pay attention to Esmeralda in "Letters from New York"?
(a) Esmeralda has scrawny legs and a flat chest.
(b) Esmeralda has a reputation for being unfriendly.
(c) Esmeralda's father has threatened all the boys in the vicinity.
(d) Esmeralda keeps her head down.
3. What color is Angie's room?
4. What kind of business do Mami and Papi start together?
(a) A laundromat.
(b) A cafetin ambulante.
(c) An al fresco cafe.
(d) A construction company.
5. What type of bugs swarm Esmeralda when she picked up the old floor boards?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who points at objects as the children sing "Pollito, chicken; gallina, hen; etc?"
2. What does Esmeralda's neighbor suggest as a solution to Mami's need for time alone?
3. When did Puerto Rico become a U.S. colony?
4. What type of accent does the nutrition expert have which prevents him from being readily understood?
5. What title does Esmeralda's teacher in El Mangle refuse to respond to?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)