|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Casi Senorita and Dreams of a Better Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papi order from the roadside stand when the get off the bus in "Why Women Remain Jamona"?
(a) Two alcapurrias and two Coca-Colas.
(b) Two cafe con leches.
(c) A large plate of rice and beans.
(d) Two empanadas and a Pepsi.
2. What food item does the American expert confirm as a substitute for apples in a balanced diet?
3. What kind of music does Papi hum while he works?
(a) The rhythms of American rock 'n roll.
(b) His favorite chachacha.
(c) The melody of rythm and blues.
(d) The words to famous boleros.
4. What color is Papi's skin?
5. At the end of the meeting in "The American Invasion of Macun", what does each family take home?
(a) An apple.
(b) A toothbrush and a tube of tooth paste.
(c) A personalized dietary plan.
(d) A week's worth of imported American food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Margie?
2. Which authority figure in Esmeralda's life is so gullible as to believe everything the children tell him/her?
3. The children smell what kind of soap when the men come home after work?
4. When she first arrived in El Mangle, why wouldn't Esmeralda drink water?
5. What didn't Esmeralda mean to steal from the baby's piggy bank?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)