|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Casi Senorita and Dreams of a Better Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which saying opens "The American Invasion of Macun"?
(a) "What doesn't kill you, makes you weaker."
(b) "What doesn't make you stronger, makes you fat."
(c) "What doesn't kill you, makes you fat."
(d) "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the characters which captivate Esmeralda and her siblings?
(a) El Perrito Goofy.
(b) Tom and Jerry.
(c) El Ratoncito Mickey Mouse.
(d) Pato Donald.
3. What meal do all the children agree on?
(a) Pork chops.
(b) Arroz con pollo.
(d) Fried potatoes.
4. In "The American Invasion of Macun", what does the expert pull out of a suitcase?
(a) A diagram of the digestive system.
(b) A model of the human heart.
(c) A bag of toothbrushes.
(d) A huge set of teeth.
5. When Esmeralda meets Rita, what does Rita's smile remind her of?
(a) Lipstick ads.
(b) The Chiquita banana woman.
(c) Colgate toothpaste commercials.
(d) A famous actress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ron canita?
2. What do the children use to block out the sound of the bar next door?
3. How many avocado trees does the family have left after the disaster in "Mami Gets a Job"?
4. Which memory causes Esmeralda to cry in "El Mangle"?
5. Which Puerto Rican food does the American food expert fail to recognize?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)