|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why Women Remain Jamona and Mami Gets a Job.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the houses in Saturce different than the houses in Macun?
(a) The houses in Saturce are bigger.
(b) The houses in Saturce are equipped with running water and electric light bulbs.
(c) The homes in Saturce are maintained and the lawns are manicured.
(d) The houses in Saturce are run down.
2. How does Esmeralda define politics in "The American Invasion of Macun"?
(a) As something men discuss at the bus stop.
(b) As something she is too young to understand.
(c) As a fascinating science that explains her life.
(d) As the sole reason for the polio vaccines.
3. Why can't Papi bring Margie to visit?
(a) Mami won't let him bring her to the house.
(b) Margie's mother won't allow her to leave with him.
(c) She has moved to New York.
(d) Margie is afraid of the bus.
4. What does Esmeralda sell at a stand in the yard?
(c) Fruits and vegetables she picks off trees.
5. At the end of the meeting in "The American Invasion of Macun", what does each family take home?
(a) A toothbrush and a tube of tooth paste.
(b) An apple.
(c) A personalized dietary plan.
(d) A week's worth of imported American food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place do the children sneak into to steal grapefruit?
2. To what does Esmeralda compare Abuela's palms in "Why Women Remain Jamona"?
3. When did Puerto Rico become a U.S. colony?
4. Why doesn't Esmeralda change clothes after church in "Why Women Remain Jamona"?
5. What is Margie's mother's name?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)