|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why Women Remain Jamona and Mami Gets a Job.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Norma's eyes resemble?
2. To what does Esmeralda compare Abuela's palms in "Why Women Remain Jamona"?
(a) An avocado pit.
(c) An old cloth.
3. Where does Mami go to find a factory job?
(a) New York.
(b) San Juan.
(c) Santo Domingo.
(d) Toa Baja.
4. What kind of music does Papi hum while he works?
(a) The rhythms of American rock 'n roll.
(b) The melody of rythm and blues.
(c) His favorite chachacha.
(d) The words to famous boleros.
5. How does Esmeralda injure herself in "Why Women Remain Jamona"?
(a) In the doorjamb.
(b) In the bus door.
(c) On the broken bed frame.
(d) On the stove.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color butterfly does Mami swat away from her ear?
2. Why must Esmeralda use her right hand to cross herself?
3. To what does Esmeralda compare Miss Jimenez's calves?
4. What is a jamona?
5. What is ron canita?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)