|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why Women Remain Jamona and Mami Gets a Job.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Esmeralda meets Rita, what does Rita's smile remind her of?
(a) The Chiquita banana woman.
(b) A famous actress.
(c) Lipstick ads.
(d) Colgate toothpaste commercials.
2. How many avocado trees does the family have left after the disaster in "Mami Gets a Job"?
3. With what does Esmeralda fill her skirt at Lalao's finca?
4. How many siblings did Mami's mother have?
5. Why must Esmeralda use her right hand to cross herself?
(a) Esmeralda's left hand has an unsightly mole.
(b) Esmeralda injured her left hand to gain Abuela's sympathy.
(c) Esmeralda is a child and must cross with her right hand.
(d) The left hand is the Devil's hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mami's nickname?
2. Which amenity does Esmeralda's family share with another family?
3. Who sends a box of clothing from New York?
4. What color butterfly does Mami swat away from her ear?
5. What do the families hang from the rafters in "Mami Gets a Job"?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)