|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why Women Remain Jamona and Mami Gets a Job.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Esmeralda meets Rita, what does Rita's smile remind her of?
(a) The Chiquita banana woman.
(b) Lipstick ads.
(c) Colgate toothpaste commercials.
(d) A famous actress.
2. What does Esmeralda describe as a "mound" with "watery edges"?
(b) Huevos Americanos (American eggs).
(c) Peanut butter.
3. In "Someone is Coming to Take Your Lap", Esmeralda sees "ribbons" hanging from the trees. What are these "ribbons"?
(a) Pig intestines drying for sausage.
(b) Hair ribbons hanging to dry.
(c) Confetti from the last celebration.
(d) Christmas decorations.
4. How many siblings did Mami's mother have?
5. Esmeralda learns that all men are which of the following?
(a) Hijos de la gran puta.
(b) Irresponsible fathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image on the experts' chart gives Mami the chills?
2. Which amenity does Esmeralda's family share with another family?
3. Where does Tata live?
4. Why must Esmeralda use her right hand to cross herself?
5. How does Esmeralda burn her fingers?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)