|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Someone Is Coming to Take Your Lap and American Invastion of Macun.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who points at objects as the children sing "Pollito, chicken; gallina, hen; etc?"
(a) Miss Jimenez.
(d) Miss Smith.
2. What did Esmeralda volunteer to do at school?
(a) Watch younger children after school.
(b) Arrange the classroom.
(c) Scold misbehaving children.
(d) Prepare food for the children.
3. Where do the children sleep?
(a) In hammocks.
(b) On the floor.
(c) In a single bed.
(d) Outside under the stars.
4. In "Someone is Coming to Steal Your Lap", how does Mami react to the rain?
(a) She tells the children to grab pails and collect the water.
(b) She tells the children to stay inside out of the weather.
(c) She tells the children to take off their clothes and play in the rain.
(d) She tells the children it is a sign of bad things to come.
5. What kind of music does Papi hum while he works?
(a) The melody of rythm and blues.
(b) The rhythms of American rock 'n roll.
(c) The words to famous boleros.
(d) His favorite chachacha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of accent does the nutrition expert have which prevents him from being readily understood?
2. At the end of the meeting in "The American Invasion of Macun", what does each family take home?
3. What color butterfly does Mami swat away from her ear?
4. What was the chief sin Esmeralda comes to expect from men?
5. What does Mami put on the narrator's burned fingers?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)