|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Someone Is Coming to Take Your Lap and American Invastion of Macun.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Papi's skin?
2. How does Esmeralda define politics in "The American Invasion of Macun"?
(a) As something she is too young to understand.
(b) As something men discuss at the bus stop.
(c) As the sole reason for the polio vaccines.
(d) As a fascinating science that explains her life.
3. What type of accent does the nutrition expert have which prevents him from being readily understood?
(a) U.S. American.
4. In "Someone is Coming to Steal Your Lap", how does Mami react to the rain?
(a) She tells the children to take off their clothes and play in the rain.
(b) She tells the children to stay inside out of the weather.
(c) She tells the children to grab pails and collect the water.
(d) She tells the children it is a sign of bad things to come.
5. Why is Mami afraid of the dirt floor in the new house?
(a) She's afraid of looking like a jibara.
(b) She's afraid of the scorpions and spiders.
(c) She doesn't like the feeling of dirt.
(d) She's afraid of the parasites living in the soil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ron canita?
2. What image on the experts' chart gives Mami the chills?
3. To what does Esmeralda compare Miss Jimenez's calves?
4. How many siblings did Mami's mother have?
5. What does Mami's skin smell like when she picks up Esmeralda?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)