|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Angels on the Ceiling and You Don't Want to Know.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mami go to visit the ailing Francisco?
(a) Francisco's family home.
(b) Brooklyn General.
(c) Puerto Rico.
(d) King's County Hospital.
2. What is ron canita?
(a) A Saturce dance.
(b) A homemade rum.
(c) A song dedicated to women and liquor.
(d) A Christmas dish.
3. What kind of work does Mami bring home in "Letters from New York"?
4. What does Papi order from the roadside stand when the get off the bus in "Why Women Remain Jamona"?
(a) Two alcapurrias and two Coca-Colas.
(b) A large plate of rice and beans.
(c) Two cafe con leches.
(d) Two empanadas and a Pepsi.
5. Why can't Papi bring Margie to visit?
(a) Mami won't let him bring her to the house.
(b) She has moved to New York.
(c) Margie is afraid of the bus.
(d) Margie's mother won't allow her to leave with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the houses in Saturce different than the houses in Macun?
2. What type of business shares a wall with the family's new home in "Letters from New York"?
3. According to Dona Andrea, what happens if a child hits his/her mother?
4. What color butterfly does Mami swat away from her ear?
5. What does Mami's skin smell like when she picks up Esmeralda?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)