|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through El Mangle and Letters From New York.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food item does the American expert confirm as a substitute for apples in a balanced diet?
2. What time do Esmeralda's classes begin in "Mami Gets a Job"?
3. Mami was happier before they moved to Macun. Which city did she live in before the move?
(a) San Juan.
(d) Rio Piedras.
4. To what does the narrator compare her family's first house?
(a) A hovel.
(b) A lard can.
(c) A sardine can.
(d) An outhouse.
5. What large object does Papi ask Esmeralda to bring him?
(a) A trowel.
(b) A wheelbarrow.
(c) A cinder block.
(d) A shovel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mango trees does the family lose in "Mami Gets a Job"?
2. What floats by the barrio Esmeralda's family moves to in "El Mangle"?
3. When Esmeralda meets Rita, what does Rita's smile remind her of?
4. What is sancocho?
5. Why does Esmeralda wear her special white dress in "El Mangle"?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)