1. How old is the narrator when her family arrives in Macun?
2. To what does the narrator compare her family's first house?
(a) A hovel.
(b) A sardine can.
(c) An outhouse.
(d) A lard can.
3. How does Esmeralda burn her fingers?
(a) She touches a lit candle.
(b) She touches the sunny side of the house.
(c) She runs the water too hot.
(d) She touches the stove.
4. What does Mami put on the narrator's burned fingers?
(d) Vicks VapoRub.
5. What color butterfly does Mami swat away from her ear?
6. What kind of music does Papi hum while he works?
(a) The words to famous boleros.
(b) The melody of rythm and blues.
(c) The rhythms of American rock 'n roll.
(d) His favorite chachacha.
7. How many eggs does the hen in the yard lay?
8. Why is Mami afraid of the dirt floor in the new house?
(a) She's afraid of the parasites living in the soil.
(b) She doesn't like the feeling of dirt.
(c) She's afraid of the scorpions and spiders.
(d) She's afraid of looking like a jibara.
This section contains 4,308 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)