Jibara and Fighting Naked
1. How old is the narrator when her family arrives in Macun?
2. To what does the narrator compare her family's first house?
(a) A hovel.
(b) An outhouse.
(c) A lard can.
(d) A sardine can.
3. How does Esmeralda burn her fingers?
(a) She touches the stove.
(b) She touches the sunny side of the house.
(c) She touches a lit candle.
(d) She runs the water too hot.
4. What does Mami put on the narrator's burned fingers?
(b) Vicks VapoRub.
5. What color butterfly does Mami swat away from her ear?
6. What kind of music does Papi hum while he works?
(a) The melody of rythm and blues.
(b) The words to famous boleros.
(c) His favorite chachacha.
(d) The rhythms of American rock 'n roll.
7. How many eggs does the hen in the yard lay?
8. Why is Mami afraid of the dirt floor in the new house?
(a) She doesn't like the feeling of dirt.
(b) She's afraid of the parasites living in the soil.
(c) She's afraid of the scorpions and spiders.
(d) She's afraid of looking like a jibara.
This section contains 4,308 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)