|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anna confident she will do?
(a) Learn English.
(b) Make a lot of friends in school.
(c) Learn French.
(d) Learn how to write like the other students.
2. What is the name of Anna's teacher?
(a) Madame Socrate.
(b) Mademoiselle le Turine.
(c) Madame de la Coucel.
(d) Madeemoiselle Haviter.
3. What does Anna's mother think of public schools for her children?
(a) She thinks they are good enough.
(b) She has no opinion of the public schools.
(c) She thinks they will be too difficult with the language barrier.
(d) She thinks they do not teach much.
4. What has Hitler done with the family's property?
(a) Had it destroyed.
(b) Put a lien on it.
(c) Gave it to a Nazi party member.
(d) Has it confiscated.
5. Who visits Sarah sometimes to play cards?
(a) Rich Parisian ladies.
(b) Some of the neighbors in the lower level apartments.
(c) Ladies from her garden club.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the family believe they would stay away from Berlin when they left?
2. What does Anna have one night when she prays for her father?
3. What profession is the person Anna hears her mother tell her grandmother about?
4. What relation is Sarah to Anna's mother?
5. What does her family do for Anna's tenth birthday?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)