|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Anna and Max have to do when they start school in Switzerland?
(a) Take a placement exam.
(b) Wear a uniform.
(d) Learn the Swiss-German dialect.
2. What happens to Anna in Chapter 14 physically?
(a) Nothing happens to her.
(b) She goes to the hospital.
(c) She becomes mildly sick.
(d) She breaks her arm.
3. What happens the second time the German children play with Anna and Max?
(a) Their mother becomes angry.
(b) Their mother is not there.
(c) They ask the two to visit them at home.
(d) Anna accidentally gets her arm cut.
4. When does her father say they are returning to Germany?
(a) In two years.
(b) After the next elections.
(d) In about six months.
5. What does Anna's father's writing do to the family?
(b) Keeps him home all day.
(c) Makes it so she sees him only once a month.
(d) Brings her family attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Max and Anna have a difficult time doing with their teacher at first?
2. What is the name of Anna's teacher?
3. What happens to Anna's grandmother's dog?
4. Why is the passport dangerous for them?
5. Where are Anna, Max and her mama's train going in Chapter 4?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)