|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna's father have difficulty publishing his writings in Switzerland?
(a) The Swiss do not like Jews.
(b) The Swiss do not read his type of writing.
(c) The Swiss want to remain neutral.
(d) There is no money available for publishing.
2. What does Anna hear her mother talking about with her grandmother?
(a) About the lack of money.
(b) That her grandmother is returning to Germany.
(c) That her father is out of work.
(d) The horrible things happening to Jewish refugees.
3. What does Anna and Max call their grandmother?
4. What has been affected in Anna from her illness?
(a) She cannot run.
(b) Now she has to wear glasses.
(c) She does not remember stretches of time.
(d) Her balance if off.
5. What does her family do for Anna's tenth birthday?
(a) Takes her to see her grandmother.
(b) Throws her a party at home.
(c) Takes her shopping.
(d) Takes her on an outing.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Anna's father constantly adsorbed?
2. Who explains to Anna and Max where their father is?
3. Why does Anna not have fun when her family goes to the place in Question # 64?
4. How many of the boy's friends chase Anna with him?
5. What does Anna's mother have the children do about their father's absence?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)