|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Le Ly the last time she saw Bon Nghe?
2. What job does Tinh's husband do for a living?
3. How much did Sister Hoa believe it would cost to get the papers for Le Ly to marry Ed and go to America with him and her son?
4. For how many generations would an old man with a young wife be blessed according to a Vietnamese saying?
5. Where did Steve get Le Ly a job with regular pay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Le Ly feel uneasy about Red's offer to drive her home?
2. How did the busy lives of Le Ly and her mother affect Hung?
3. Why did so many young women like Le Ly end up in the cities?
4. What type of a meal did Le Ly ask the proprietor of a country store to make for herself and her companions when she was touring the countryside?
5. How were young girls from the country sold into prostitution?
6. What did Mr. Xa say was the goal in fighting the war?
7. Why was Le Ly told to come back for an interview at noon when she went to the American employment office in Danang?
8. How did Hai describe Bon Nghe?
9. How were Northerners regarded in the South?
10. When Mr. Long asked Le Ly what her Vietnamese friends in the States felt about socialist Vietnam, what did she tell him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Le Ly returned to Ky La, she realized that she was seeing the death of her culture. Discuss how the war was destroying the culture of Vietnam.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the relationship that Le Ly had with her mother and her father.
Essay Topic 3
There were varied reactions when Le Ly married Ed. Discuss the reactions to Le Ly's marriage to Ed.
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)