|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song did Le Ly sing after the meal at the factory that Anh took her to on April 9?
2. What meats did Tinh serve for dinner on the evening of April 7, 1986?
3. What is the name of the general director of the factory where Anh took Le Ly on April 9?
4. What rank was the American GI named Paul?
5. When was Bon Nghe trapped on a mountainside with his cousin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Le Ly describe her experience when she went to claim her father's body at the morgue?
2. What type of a meal did Le Ly ask the proprietor of a country store to make for herself and her companions when she was touring the countryside?
3. What types of things did Mr. Long say that the country still needed?
4. Why did so many young women like Le Ly end up in the cities?
5. Why did Le Ly feel uneasy about Red's offer to drive her home?
6. How did Le Ly describe Ba when they were reunited?
7. What happened to Bac Luc?
8. Why was Le Ly told to come back for an interview at noon when she went to the American employment office in Danang?
9. Why did the chocolate wrapper that came from the candy Le Ly gave Tinh's ten-year-old have to be burned?
10. Why did Le Ly's mother believe that Sau Ban's spirit was at rest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the reactions of Le Ly, her family, and her employers when it was discovered that she was pregnant.
Essay Topic 2
Le Ly's mother taught her how to be a virtuous wife and dutiful daughter-in-law. Discuss the qualities and actions of a virtuous wife and dutiful daughter-in-law.
Essay Topic 3
Rice was the most important crop grown around Ky La. Discuss the process of growing and harvesting rice.
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)