|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Le Ly wear when she married Ed?
2. What was Le Ly's father's nickname for her?
3. In which branch of service did Ed's son serve?
4. What was used to make a monument to a Vietnamese mother who hid Viet Cong in her house?
5. What special food did Tinh serve Le Ly that was famous throughout the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of a meal did Le Ly ask the proprietor of a country store to make for herself and her companions when she was touring the countryside?
2. What happened to Jim after Le Ly complained about his behavior?
3. How were Northerners regarded in the South?
4. What was it like for Bon Nghe during the war?
5. What was Le Ly's job and working conditions when she worked at the "casino" owned by a Korean?
6. What reasons did Le Ly give Nam for her return to Vietnam?
7. How did Le Ly describe Ba when they were reunited?
8. Why did Le Ly's mother believe that Sau Ban's spirit was at rest?
9. How did Hai describe Bon Nghe?
10. What happened to Bac Luc?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Le Ly was arrested three times. Compare the three times that Le Ly was arrested.
Essay Topic 2
There were varied reactions when Le Ly married Ed. Discuss the reactions to Le Ly's marriage to Ed.
Essay Topic 3
The war affected everyone, especially the children. Discuss how children were affected by the war.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)