|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Manh, Le Ly's schoolteacher, have?
2. What was the name of the province where Ky La was located?
3. What holiday did the Viet Cong use to disguise their eminent attack on Ky La?
4. What was the name of the prison where Le Ly was taken?
5. What religion did Manh follow?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the three-day war for Bai Gian and the bombardment that followed, what did the area around Ky La look like?
2. What did Le Ly's mother do when no news had been heard about Sau Ban by New Year's in1963?
3. What was Lien's life like when Le Ly returned to Vietnam in 1986?
4. Why did Le Ly's father hit her mother once?
5. How did the Republicans and Americans try to placate the Ky La villagers?
6. Who was the man that Le Ly met at the Vietnamese Embassy?
7. How did Le Ly describe an air attack by the French when she was little?
8. What was Ky La like between the French and American wars?
9. What did the men, whom Le Ly called the snakes' keepers, look like?
10. How was Le Ly able to save money to get a house for her, her mother, and son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In 1986, Le Ly had mixed emotions as she landed in Danang. Discuss the emotions that Le Ly felt as she approached the reunion with her family.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Sau Ban's military obligations, how he dealt with them, and why he had to deal with them in the manner that he did.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship Le Ly had with her brothers Bon Nghe and Sau Ban.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)