|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Le Ly leave her village.
2. What did Le Ly's mother feed her when her own milk ran out?
3. When did Le Ly help Anh's and Lien's boys?
4. Before Le Ly was born, how many children did Le Ly's mother and father have?
5. How much older than Le Ly was her sister Lan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Le Ly released in My Thi?
2. After the three-day war for Bai Gian and the bombardment that followed, what did the area around Ky La look like?
3. How did Le Ly describe Jimmy, her son, when Anh asked about him?
4. During an air attack when Le Ly's home was burned, how and what did her father save?
5. What were the initial tests that Sau Ban's potential bride would have to pass?
6. How did the Republicans and Americans try to placate the Ky La villagers?
7. In what ways did Le Ly begin to serve Madame Lien as companion?
8. What did Le Ly's mother do when no news had been heard about Sau Ban by New Year's in1963?
9. In 1986, why was Le Ly filled with grief when she saw fighter bombers and bombs rusting away as she landed?
10. What type of traps did the children of Ky La have to help the Viet Cong make for the Republicans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship Le Ly had with her brothers Bon Nghe and Sau Ban.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why and how Le Ly had endangered her family by returning to Vietnam.
Essay Topic 3
When Le Ly returned to Ky La, she realized that she was seeing the death of her culture. Discuss how the war was destroying the culture of Vietnam.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)