|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kept most of the gifts that Le Ly sent from America?
(c) Bon Nghe.
2. What was Jim's racial background?
(a) Japanese and French.
(b) Chinese and Irish.
(c) Indian and German.
(d) Japanese .
3. How far from Danang was the factory where Anh took Le Ly on April 9?
(a) Two miles.
(b) Three miles.
(c) One mile.
(d) Four miles.
4. What type of salad did Tinh serve as a final treat on the evening of April 7, 1986?
(a) Green mango salad.
(b) Mint salad.
(c) Pawpaw salad.
(d) Watercress salad.
5. According to Mr. Xa, what was the only nation that stood with the communists during the war and then helped them rebuild?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ran the hospital ship that Bac Luc was taken to when she was shot by a gunship?
2. In the hospital in Danang, how old was the Vietnamese sergeant who had his eye on Le Ly?
3. What color shirt did Nhi, Bon Nhge's wife, wear to Le Ly's reunion with her brother?
4. What did Le Ly's mother ask her to bring to line her coffin on Le Ly's next visit to Vietnam?
5. What time did Le Ly's shift at the Navy EM club end and Ed's night shift at the outlying camps begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Le Ly's mother believe that Sau Ban's spirit was at rest?
2. Why did Le Ly feel uneasy about Red's offer to drive her home?
3. Why was Le Ly told to come back for an interview at noon when she went to the American employment office in Danang?
4. What did Mr. Xa say was the goal in fighting the war?
5. What happened to Jim after Le Ly complained about his behavior?
6. How did Hai describe Bon Nghe?
7. What approvals did Le Ly and her family need to obtain in order to give her father a traditional funeral?
8. How were Northerners regarded in the South?
9. Why did the chocolate wrapper that came from the candy Le Ly gave Tinh's ten-year-old have to be burned?
10. How did Le Ly get her mother to sign the papers giving her permission to leave the country?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)