|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the names of Lan's children?
(a) Dave and Peter.
(b) Bob and Jimmy.
(c) Eddie and Robert.
(d) Brian and Sam.
2. For how many generations would an old man with a young wife be blessed according to a Vietnamese saying?
(a) One generation.
(b) Three generations.
(c) Two generations.
(d) Four generations.
3. Who patrolled the American sector when the Americans set up a firebase outside Ky La?
4. When was the Da Lach bridge built?
5. What type of a factory did Anh take Le Ly to on April 9?
(a) Candle factory.
(b) Weaving factory.
(c) Shoe factory.
(d) Brick factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Le Ly find an apartment for herself and Red?
2. What was the name of Ba's first husband?
3. How much did Sister Hoa believe it would cost to get the papers for Le Ly to marry Ed and go to America with him and her son?
4. What is the name of the general director of the factory where Anh took Le Ly on April 9?
5. What rank was the American GI named Paul?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Jim after Le Ly complained about his behavior?
2. To whom did Le Ly compare her brother Bon Nghe?
3. How did Le Ly get her mother to sign the papers giving her permission to leave the country?
4. Why did so many young women like Le Ly end up in the cities?
5. Why did the chocolate wrapper that came from the candy Le Ly gave Tinh's ten-year-old have to be burned?
6. What types of things did Mr. Long say that the country still needed?
7. What did Mr. Xa say was the goal in fighting the war?
8. How did the busy lives of Le Ly and her mother affect Hung?
9. Why did Le Ly's mother believe that Sau Ban's spirit was at rest?
10. How did Hai describe Bon Nghe?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)