|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Le Ly's first reunion with her mother last?
(a) 90 minutes.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
2. What was Le Ly's father's nickname for her?
(a) Lotus blossom.
(b) Peach blossom.
(c) Little one.
(d) Sweet one.
3. When did the Communists take over in Vietnam?
4. What special food did Tinh serve Le Ly that was famous throughout the country?
(a) Hu Tieu.
(b) Bun Bo Hue.
(d) Mi quang noodles.
5. After the meeting at Tinh's, when did Le Ly and Bon Nghe plan to meet again?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Le Ly board the bus to Danang when she lived in Ky La?
2. What type of car is the "official" touring car that takes Le Ly and Anh for a tour of the countryside?
3. What pet did the American GI named Paul learn had died while he was dating Le Ly?
4. How far from Danang was the factory where Anh took Le Ly on April 9?
5. After the American firebase was set up outside Ky La, how much of the village was leveled?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mr. Long asked Le Ly what her Vietnamese friends in the States felt about socialist Vietnam, what did she tell him?
2. How were Northerners regarded in the South?
3. What happened to Jim after Le Ly complained about his behavior?
4. For a young Vietnamese woman, what were the options for getting out of the country?
5. What type of a meal did Le Ly ask the proprietor of a country store to make for herself and her companions when she was touring the countryside?
6. What did Le Ly say needed to happen for some people in the United States?
7. How would the dead be consulted about business matters or requests?
8. How did Le Ly describe her experience when she went to claim her father's body at the morgue?
9. What happened when the Republicans came and asked a Vietnamese woman who was memorialized with a statue about the whereabouts of the enemy?
10. How did Le Ly describe her traveling companions and herself when she was touring the countryside?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)