|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Tinh say that Grandma Phung received as a pension for Sau Ban's death?
(a) 300 dong a month.
(b) 400 dong a month.
(c) 800 dong a month.
(d) 700 dong a month.
2. How much did Big Mike give Le Ly to be intimate with two GIs?
3. How many Viet Cong did a Vietnamese mother who was honored by a statue hide in her house?
4. What did Sister Hoa actually charge Le Ly for the papers she and her son needed to go to America with Ed?
(a) 30,000 to 50,000 dong.
(b) 60,000 dong.
(c) 15,000 to 20,000 dong.
(d) 10,000 dong.
5. In 1986, what was Hai selling in the marketplace near China Beach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the robe that Le Ly's father was buried in?
2. How old was Bac Luc when she was injured?
3. In which branch of service did Ed's son serve?
4. What was the last name of the American GI named Paul whom Le Ly lived with for a time?
5. What did Le Ly wear when she married Ed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of things did Mr. Long say that the country still needed?
2. How did Hai describe Bon Nghe?
3. What did Mr. Xa say was the goal in fighting the war?
4. Why was Le Ly told to come back for an interview at noon when she went to the American employment office in Danang?
5. How did Le Ly get her mother to sign the papers giving her permission to leave the country?
6. What happened to Bac Luc?
7. How did Le Ly describe her experience when she went to claim her father's body at the morgue?
8. What reasons did Le Ly give Nam for her return to Vietnam?
9. To whom did Le Ly compare her brother Bon Nghe?
10. What type of a meal did Le Ly ask the proprietor of a country store to make for herself and her companions when she was touring the countryside?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)