|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Le Ly was raped, where did she go to live and work?
2. What was the traditional gift given to new babies?
(b) A blanket.
(c) Brown rice.
(d) Fresh eggs.
3. What position in the Catholic church did President Diem's brother hold?
4. What color shirt did Le Ly wear to signal to the Viet Cong that a major threat was around?
5. How much did Le Ly pay the pedicab driver who brought her to Anh's home?
(a) 500 dong.
(b) 250 dong.
(c) 2,000 dong.
(d) 3,000 dong.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Le Ly's father try to commit suicide after visiting Lan in Danang?
2. In 1986 how long was a Vietnamese refugee woman from the South jailed by the Communists when she came back for a visit?
3. How old was Le Ly when she was betrothed?
4. What holiday did the Viet Cong use to disguise their eminent attack on Ky La?
5. Who was the second wealthiest man in the village that was decimated by the South Vietnamese Rangers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Le Ly able to save money to get a house for her, her mother, and son?
2. Why did the South Vietnamese Rangers attack Bai Gian?
3. During an air attack when Le Ly's home was burned, how and what did her father save?
4. After the three-day war for Bai Gian and the bombardment that followed, what did the area around Ky La look like?
5. What legend did Le Ly's father tell her to explain why humans had to work so hard?
6. What were the initial tests that Sau Ban's potential bride would have to pass?
7. When was the first time that Le Ly saw a Viet Cong fighter up close?
8. Why was Le Ly's mother under house arrest after Le Ly went to Danang?
9. What did Le Ly's mother do when no news had been heard about Sau Ban by New Year's in1963?
10. Why was Le Ly taken to a hospital in Saigon?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)