|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Lan move back to Danang?
2. How long after Le Ly was released from the district jail, did the Viet Cong decide to mass for a major attack against Ky La?
(a) 11 months later.
(b) About 3 months.
(c) 8 months later.
(d) About 6 months.
3. What did Le Ly steal from some Republican soldiers and hide in her house?
(b) First aid kit.
(c) Hand grenade.
(d) Automatic rifle.
4. How much did Le Ly pay the pedicab driver who brought her to Anh's home?
(a) 2,000 dong.
(b) 3,000 dong.
(c) 250 dong.
(d) 500 dong.
5. How often would Le Ly's father offer sacrifices on the family altar?
(a) Once a year.
(b) Every week.
(c) 3-4 times a month.
(d) 2-3 times a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Le Ly was raped, where did she go to live and work?
2. In 1979, what country did Vietnam invade?
3. What type of vehicle did Anh have in 1986?
4. What was Lan's job in Danang?
5. In 1986 how long was a Vietnamese refugee woman from the South jailed by the Communists when she came back for a visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ky La like between the French and American wars?
2. After the three-day war for Bai Gian and the bombardment that followed, what did the area around Ky La look like?
3. What were the initial tests that Sau Ban's potential bride would have to pass?
4. Why was Le Ly's mother under house arrest after Le Ly went to Danang?
5. What type of traps did the children of Ky La have to help the Viet Cong make for the Republicans?
6. When was the first time that Le Ly saw a Viet Cong fighter up close?
7. What did the men, whom Le Ly called the snakes' keepers, look like?
8. Why did the plane trip to Saigon give Le Ly a sense of peace?
9. What did Le Ly's mother do when no news had been heard about Sau Ban by New Year's in1963?
10. Why were the charges against Le Ly dropped when she was caught with marijuana?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)