|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Le Ly's mother when they reunited in 1986?
2. How long did Vietnamese custom demand that a bride wait after the death of her father to marry?
(a) One year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
3. What job does Tinh's husband do for a living?
(c) Siclo driver.
(d) Police officer.
4. What type of car is the "official" touring car that takes Le Ly and Anh for a tour of the countryside?
(d) Lincoln Continental.
5. What was Jim's racial background?
(a) Indian and German.
(b) Japanese and French.
(c) Chinese and Irish.
(d) Japanese .
6. Who kept most of the gifts that Le Ly sent from America?
(b) Bon Nghe.
7. How much did Big Mike give Le Ly to be intimate with two GIs?
8. How many factories did Anh own before liberation?
9. When did Le Ly meet Ed?
(a) March, 1968.
(b) June, 1968.
(c) April, 1969.
(d) January, 1969.
10. How much did Sister Hoa believe it would cost to get the papers for Le Ly to marry Ed and go to America with him and her son?
(a) 150,000 dong.
(b) 200,000 dong.
(c) 75,000 dong.
(d) 50,000 dong.
11. What was used to make a monument to a Vietnamese mother who hid Viet Cong in her house?
(a) United States cannon shells.
12. What special food did Tinh serve Le Ly that was famous throughout the country?
(a) Hu Tieu.
(c) Mi quang noodles.
(d) Bun Bo Hue.
13. For how many generations would an old man with a young wife be blessed according to a Vietnamese saying?
(a) Two generations.
(b) Three generations.
(c) Four generations.
(d) One generation.
14. After the meeting at Tinh's, when did Le Ly and Bon Nghe plan to meet again?
15. What did Le Ly give her father to drink the last time he visted her in Danang?
(a) Rice wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Le Ly's wartime "souvenir" business last?
2. What was the business that Le Ly ran in America?
3. What time did Le Ly's shift at the Navy EM club end and Ed's night shift at the outlying camps begin?
4. What were the names of Lan's children?
5. How much did Tinh say that Grandma Phung received as a pension for Sau Ban's death?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)