|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Le Ly have to give the Vietnamese marriage counselor as a "gift" for the coffee fund?
(a) Diamond necklace.
(c) Dinner Ring.
(d) Diamond Watch.
2. How many factories did Anh own before liberation?
3. Why was Le Ly late for her reunion to meet Bon Nghe and his wife at the hotel?
(a) They were delayed by a farmer herding water buffalo.
(b) They spent too much time over lunch.
(c) They had to take a detour.
(d) The car would not start.
4. In 1986, how long had it been since Le Ly had seen her brother Bon Nghe?
(a) 30 years.
(b) Over 35 years.
(c) Over 32 years.
(d) 25 years.
5. Who ran the hospital ship that Bac Luc was taken to when she was shot by a gunship?
(d) West Germans.
6. What is the name of the mountain that Le Ly visits with Anh?
(a) Thuy Mountain.
(b) Kim Mountain.
(c) Granite Mountain.
(d) Marble Mountain.
7. After two Americans were killed in Le Ly's family's bunker, where was her father taken and interrogated?
(a) Nam Giang district.
(b) Hoa Cam District.
(c) Hoi An District.
(d) Nui Thanh District.
8. How old was Le Ly the last time she saw Bon Nghe?
9. What job does Tinh's husband do for a living?
(c) Siclo driver.
(d) Police officer.
10. Where was Ed's home?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Santa Barbara.
11. In 1986, what was Hai selling in the marketplace near China Beach?
12. How did Le Ly fix her hair for Red?
(a) Put it in a partial updo.
(b) Got a permanent.
(c) Dyed it blonde.
(d) Put it in a beehive.
13. How long did Le Ly's wartime "souvenir" business last?
(a) 20 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 14 months.
14. What special food did Tinh serve Le Ly that was famous throughout the country?
(a) Mi quang noodles.
(b) Bun Bo Hue.
(c) Hu Tieu.
15. When was Bon Nghe trapped on a mountainside with his cousin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease did a couple have that ran the place where Le Ly slept when Red was busy with other GIs?
2. After the American firebase was set up outside Ky La, how much of the village was leveled?
3. How many Viet Cong did a Vietnamese mother who was honored by a statue hide in her house?
4. When was Ed's contract in Vietnam in its final year?
5. Where did Le Ly sleep after she approached Red about a "date," but he was busy with other GIs?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)