|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Ba's first husband?
2. After the meeting at Tinh's, when did Le Ly and Bon Nghe plan to meet again?
3. In 1986, what did Le Ly try to give Bon Nghe?
(b) American-made chocolate.
4. Why was Le Ly late for her reunion to meet Bon Nghe and his wife at the hotel?
(a) The car would not start.
(b) They were delayed by a farmer herding water buffalo.
(c) They spent too much time over lunch.
(d) They had to take a detour.
5. What time did Le Ly's shift at the Navy EM club end and Ed's night shift at the outlying camps begin?
(a) 10 p.m.
(b) 11 p.m.
(c) 9 p.m.
6. What was Jim's racial background?
(a) Japanese .
(b) Japanese and French.
(c) Indian and German.
(d) Chinese and Irish.
7. After the American firebase was set up outside Ky La, how much of the village was leveled?
8. Where was Ed's home?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) San Diego.
(c) Santa Barbara.
(d) Los Angeles.
9. How often did Le Ly's official escort for her tour of the countryside say that the power went out at his office every day?
(a) Three times.
(b) One time.
(c) Two times.
(d) Four times.
10. According to Mr. Xa, what was the only nation that stood with the communists during the war and then helped them rebuild?
11. What special food did Tinh serve Le Ly that was famous throughout the country?
(a) Bun Bo Hue.
(c) Mi quang noodles.
(d) Hu Tieu.
12. Where did Steve get Le Ly a job with regular pay?
(d) On base.
13. Where did Le Ly sleep after she approached Red about a "date," but he was busy with other GIs?
(a) Emergency Room.
(d) Main hospital.
14. When Le Ly got another job after leaving Red, who owned the "casino" where she worked?
(a) A Japanese.
(b) A Korean.
(c) An American woman.
(d) An American GI.
15. How long did Le Ly's father's body lie in state before his funeral?
(a) 3 days and 2 night.
(b) 1 day and 1 night.
(c) 4 days and 3 nights.
(d) 2 days and 1 night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day was Le Ly's father buried?
2. How long had Jim been in Vietnam before he was assigned to Quang Nam?
3. How many factories did Anh own before liberation?
4. What song did Le Ly sing after the meal at the factory that Anh took her to on April 9?
5. How many Viet Cong did a Vietnamese mother who was honored by a statue hide in her house?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)