|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month did Le Ly arrive in Bangkok prepared to visit Vietnam?
2. How many children did Manh, Le Ly's schoolteacher, have?
3. Who was the second wealthiest man in the village that was decimated by the South Vietnamese Rangers?
(a) Cuu Loi.
(b) Chinh Pho.
(c) An Duong.
(d) Danh Lo.
4. When did Anh and Lien divorce?
(a) Late 1960s.
(b) Late 1970s.
5. How many stories did Anh's and Lien's house have?
6. What was the warning signal that Le Ly's father was to use when the attack was to begin?
(a) Push a chicken outside the hut.
(b) Poke a broom at roof of house.
(c) Start shouting at his children.
(d) Smoke a cigarette in front of the hut door.
7. In what city did Le Ly's Uncle Nhu live?
(d) Chu Loi.
8. When was Sau Ban married?
(a) October, 1962.
(b) March, 1963.
(c) September, 1963.
(d) April, 1962.
9. Besides Ly Le, how many other expatriate Vietnamese met with the Vietnam National Committee in 1986?
(a) About 12.
(d) About 15.
10. How long after Le Ly was released from the district jail, did the Viet Cong decide to mass for a major attack against Ky La?
(a) 11 months later.
(b) 8 months later.
(c) About 3 months.
(d) About 6 months.
11. When would the villagers prepare the land for planting?
(b) May and October.
(c) April and September.
12. After Le Ly was raped, where did she go to live and work?
13. How old was Le Ly's sister Hai when she went to Saigon?
14. How old was Le Ly's mother when she was born?
15. What village did the South Vietnamese Rangers attack shortly after Le Ly was honored by the Viet Cong?
(a) An Loc.
(b) Ban Me Thuot.
(c) Dien Bien Phu.
(d) Bai Gian.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Le Ly's betrothal, how long would it be before the marriage was consummated?
2. When did Le Ly leave her village.
3. Where was Le Ly taken when she was arrested for a third time?
4. In 1979, what country did Vietnam invade?
5. How many beds were in the birthing clinic where Le Ly had her baby?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)