|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ is just another attempt at explaining human existence - yet Western civilization accepts this contrived myth as history.
(a) The Prodigal Son
(b) Star Goddess
(d) The multiplication of the bread and the wine
2. Archaeology indicates that societies revere the Mother Goddess as the supreme __________.
3. The female must suffer in pain in ____________ because of the fall of Adam and Eve, according to Stone.
4. Neolithic art at Catal Huyuk, Hacilar, and Elam shows the _______ as subsidiary, according to Stone.
5. ____________ worship is described throughout the Middle East in the period of time of 3000 BCE.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robertson Smith claims that in Arabia, all traits of the dominant Goddess are transferred to the _____________ before she is subordinated.
2. The Mother Goddess provides life and a controllable ____________ to the people who believe in her.
3. Who is the first prophet of Yahweh, who arrives thousands of years after the Goddess emerges in history?
4. Females seem to invent not just agriculture, but also ______________, according to Stone's findings.
5. Stone discovers that what she thought about sun/moon gods and earth/heaven symbolism is ____________.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)