|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robertson Smith claims that in Arabia, all traits of the dominant Goddess are transferred to the _____________ before she is subordinated.
2. ______________ have been found in primitive settlements from Spain to Siberia, hailing from 25,000 BCE.
(a) Goddess books
(b) Venus figures
(c) Male figurines
(d) Willendorf sculptures
3. The _______________ tablets from the same region of the world as the Genesis story tell a different creation story with the woman as the positive part of the story.
4. The female must suffer in pain in ____________ because of the fall of Adam and Eve, according to Stone.
5. Who is the first prophet of Yahweh, who arrives thousands of years after the Goddess emerges in history?
Short Answer Questions
1. Females seem to invent not just agriculture, but also ______________, according to Stone's findings.
2. In "The Golden Ass," the Goddess speaks of herself as ___________, manifesting herself in various gods and goddesses.
3. The Mother Goddess provides life and a controllable ____________ to the people who believe in her.
4. ____________ worship is described throughout the Middle East in the period of time of 3000 BCE.
5. Neolithic art at Catal Huyuk, Hacilar, and Elam shows the _______ as subsidiary, according to Stone.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)