|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robertson Smith claims the Semitic religion results from the juxtaposition of ___________ worship and a female kinship system.
2. Stone discovers that what she thought about sun/moon gods and earth/heaven symbolism is ____________.
(a) A lie
3. Egypt practices ___________ when they need to determine property and descent in the society.
(a) God structure
(b) Goddess will
4. Myths that grow from a religion serving a female deity view ______________ differently from those created by male-oriented religions.
5. According to the writing "The Golden Ass," what is the proper name of the Goddess?
(b) Queen Astarte
(c) Queen Mother
(d) Queen Isis
Short Answer Questions
1. Even as the males gain control over government in Minoan culture, the Goddess remains supreme and the male is a _____________.
2. Archaeology indicates that societies revere the Mother Goddess as the supreme __________.
3. Female deities are extolled for their roles as healers, with female priestesses serving as _____________.
4. In "The Golden Ass," the Goddess speaks of herself as ___________, manifesting herself in various gods and goddesses.
5. Robertson Smith claims that in Arabia, all traits of the dominant Goddess are transferred to the _____________ before she is subordinated.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)