|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the weaker brother or husband to the Egyptian Goddess Isis?
2. ___________ is just another attempt at explaining human existence - yet Western civilization accepts this contrived myth as history.
(b) Star Goddess
(c) The Prodigal Son
(d) The multiplication of the bread and the wine
3. Robertson Smith claims that in Arabia, all traits of the dominant Goddess are transferred to the _____________ before she is subordinated.
4. Archaeology indicates that societies revere the Mother Goddess as the supreme __________.
5. Female deities are extolled for their roles as healers, with female priestesses serving as _____________.
(b) Voodoo doctors
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "The Golden Ass' which was written in the second century CE?
2. Robertson Smith claims the Semitic religion results from the juxtaposition of ___________ worship and a female kinship system.
3. As advances in ____________ and domestication of animals clarify the male's role in reproduction, the mythological spouse gains importance.
4. Stone discovers that what she thought about sun/moon gods and earth/heaven symbolism is ____________.
5. ______________ have been found in primitive settlements from Spain to Siberia, hailing from 25,000 BCE.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)