|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who succeeded Zhu Di to the Throne?
2. Who were the Baijini linked to?
3. What does "Chapter 7, Emissaries of the Dragon Throne" say Zhu Di went to great lengths to do regarding the Mongols?
4. Where did Zheng He die?
5. What did Zhu Di refer to himself as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did one of Zheng He's charts note?
2. Who did China see as threats, in Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride?
3. Why did Zhu Di infuriate the Timurids, and what happened as a result?
4. Who was named the new emperor, and how was he viewed, in "Chapter 10, The Last Voyage"?
5. Who invaded China in 1405, and what was the result of the invasion?
6. Who did Zhu Di establish as translator and chronicler of the voyage?
7. What knowledge does early Chinese history point to?
8. Why did Zhu Di become unreasonable, in "Chapter 9, Fires in the Forbidden City"?
9. What did Zhu Di go to great lengths to stabilize?
10. What did aboriginal songs record, according to the "Epilogue, A People Called Baijini"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the leadership of Zhu Yuanzhang and Zhu Di, discussing the similarities and differences in their leadership styles and beliefs about China's needs.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the migration of the Yi people and the significance of this migration.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Zhu Di as he became Emperor of the Dragon Throne, and why he was eager to open trade negotiations with the Japanese.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)