|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Forbidden City struck by lightning?
2. What was banned during the early Ming Dynasty?
3. What was Zhu Di in the process of doing at the time the fourth treasure fleet set sail?
4. When did the Baijini arrive in Australia?
5. What did Sumatra provide to China?
Short Essay Questions
1. What knowledge does early Chinese history point to?
2. Who succeeded Zhu Zhanji, and what did the eunuchs have as a result?
3. What did aboriginal songs record, according to the "Epilogue, A People Called Baijini"?
4. What was the largest expedition of the fleet ordered in 1412, according to "Chapter 8, The Auspicious Appearance of the Celestial Animals"?
5. Why was Zhu Di eager to open up trade negotiations with Japanese representatives, in "Chapter 7, Emissaries of the Dragon Throne"?
6. Who did China see as threats, in Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride?
7. Who did Zhu Di replace in 1415?
8. What did Zhu Di go to great lengths to stabilize?
9. Who was Hang Libo, and why was she brought to Malacca, in "Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride"?
10. What happened to inhabitants of towns in China?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of concubines and the significance of Madame Wang in When China Ruled The Seas.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the migration of the Yi people and the significance of this migration.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the archaeological evidence discussed in the "Epilogue" and what such evidence indicates about Chinese populations.
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)