|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who predicted the fire that followed the Forbidden City being struck by lightning?
2. When did the treasure fleet return from its 7th voyage?
3. Who was buried with Zhu Di?
4. Who did Zheng He appoint as translator during the fourth expedition?
5. How many troops did China engage against the Mongols under Zhu Qizhen's rule?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was named the new emperor, and how was he viewed, in "Chapter 10, The Last Voyage"?
2. What did aboriginal songs record, according to the "Epilogue, A People Called Baijini"?
3. Who was Hang Libo, and why was she brought to Malacca, in "Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride"?
4. Why did Zhu Di infuriate the Timurids, and what happened as a result?
5. What last attempt was made by Wang Zhi in 1477?
6. What knowledge does early Chinese history point to?
7. What did one of Zheng He's charts note?
8. Who did Zhu Di establish as translator and chronicler of the voyage?
9. Who succeeded Zhu Zhanji, and what did the eunuchs have as a result?
10. What did the first Ming Emperor, Zhu Yuanzhang make sure happened when the treasure fleet traveled?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between China, Malacca, and the Sumatra.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the leadership of Zhu Yuanzhang and Zhu Di, discussing the similarities and differences in their leadership styles and beliefs about China's needs.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss polygamous households and their role in ancient China.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)