|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Hang Libo and her maidens credited with in the legend?
2. What happened to Madame Wang after the dedication of the Forbidden City, according to "Chapter 9, Fires in the Forbidden City"?
3. What town has relics of Chinese pottery and other artifacts?
4. When was the Forbidden City struck by lightning?
5. Where did the 7th voyage of the treasure fleet start from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did China see as threats, in Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride?
2. Why was Zhu Di eager to open up trade negotiations with Japanese representatives, in "Chapter 7, Emissaries of the Dragon Throne"?
3. What did one of Zheng He's charts note?
4. Why did Zhu Di infuriate the Timurids, and what happened as a result?
5. What knowledge does early Chinese history point to?
6. What was the largest expedition of the fleet ordered in 1412, according to "Chapter 8, The Auspicious Appearance of the Celestial Animals"?
7. What was the goal of the seventh voyage of the treasure fleet in 1430?
8. Why was Hu, master of the water clock, imprisoned in 1421?
9. Who was named the new emperor, and how was he viewed, in "Chapter 10, The Last Voyage"?
10. Who presented Zhu Di with a giraffe, and what did the envoy mistake the animal for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between China, Malacca, and the Sumatra.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Emperor in ancient China, how an Emperor was chosen, as well as the responsibilities of an Emperor.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the island of Ceylon and the conflict which broke out between Alakeswarra and Zheng He.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)