|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Zheng He die?
2. When did Wang Zhi try to rebuild a powerful navy?
3. Who saw to it that Chinese calendars, Confucian books, and Buddhist scriptures were spread to new lands by the treasure fleet?
4. What were Japan's envoys in charge of doing, according to "Chapter 7, Emissaries of the Dragon Throne"?
5. What was forbidden to be traded during the travels of the treasure fleet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What knowledge does early Chinese history point to?
2. Who succeeded Zhu Zhanji, and what did the eunuchs have as a result?
3. Who invaded China in 1405, and what was the result of the invasion?
4. What was the goal of the seventh voyage of the treasure fleet in 1430?
5. Who presented Zhu Di with a giraffe, and what did the envoy mistake the animal for?
6. What did the first Ming Emperor, Zhu Yuanzhang make sure happened when the treasure fleet traveled?
7. What happened to Zhu Di and sixteen concubines during the summer of 1424?
8. What last attempt was made by Wang Zhi in 1477?
9. Who did China see as threats, in Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride?
10. What did an anthropologist in 1935 note about physical features of the Banjuni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the purpose of the treasure fleet and the significance of Chinese dominance of the high seas.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Forbidden City and how Zhu Di was affected by the bad luck of the city.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between China, Malacca, and the Sumatra.
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)