|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Zhu Zhanji related to Zhu Di, according to "Chapter 10, The Last Voyage"?
2. What were Japan's envoys in charge of doing, according to "Chapter 7, Emissaries of the Dragon Throne"?
3. How many maidens were sent with Hang Libo to Malacca?
4. Who does "Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride" say grew stronger as China grew weaker?
5. What were the women of the Baijini wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Zhu Di infuriate the Timurids, and what happened as a result?
2. What was the goal of the seventh voyage of the treasure fleet in 1430?
3. What last attempt was made by Wang Zhi in 1477?
4. What was the largest expedition of the fleet ordered in 1412, according to "Chapter 8, The Auspicious Appearance of the Celestial Animals"?
5. Who was named the new emperor, and how was he viewed, in "Chapter 10, The Last Voyage"?
6. What did Zhu Di go to great lengths to stabilize?
7. Who invaded China in 1405, and what was the result of the invasion?
8. Why was Zhu Di eager to open up trade negotiations with Japanese representatives, in "Chapter 7, Emissaries of the Dragon Throne"?
9. Why did Zhu Di become unreasonable, in "Chapter 9, Fires in the Forbidden City"?
10. Who did China see as threats, in Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between China and the Calicut and discuss its significance.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss polygamous households and their role in ancient China.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of Emperor in ancient China, how an Emperor was chosen, as well as the responsibilities of an Emperor.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)