|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town has relics of Chinese pottery and other artifacts?
2. What sea did Zhu Di want the fourth expedition of the treasure fleet to go to?
3. When did the Baijini arrive in Australia?
4. What word is used to describe the relation between Chinese and Swahili?
5. When were the foreign envoys who visited the court of China ordered back to their countries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Zhu Di go to great lengths to stabilize?
2. What was the goal of the seventh voyage of the treasure fleet in 1430?
3. What was the largest expedition of the fleet ordered in 1412, according to "Chapter 8, The Auspicious Appearance of the Celestial Animals"?
4. What happened to inhabitants of towns in China?
5. What knowledge does early Chinese history point to?
6. Who did Zhu Di establish as translator and chronicler of the voyage?
7. Why did Zhu Di infuriate the Timurids, and what happened as a result?
8. What did the first Ming Emperor, Zhu Yuanzhang make sure happened when the treasure fleet traveled?
9. Who did China see as threats, in Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride?
10. What last attempt was made by Wang Zhi in 1477?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between the Chinese and the Mongols.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Confucianism in Chinese culture and its impact on the Chinese economy.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of concubines and the significance of Madame Wang in When China Ruled The Seas.
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)