|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Chapter 7, Emissaries of the Dragon Throne" say Zhu Di went to great lengths to do regarding the Mongols?
2. When did the Baijini arrive in Australia?
3. How long was the mourning period following Zhu Di's death?
4. Who were the Baijini linked to?
5. What sea did Zhu Di want the fourth expedition of the treasure fleet to go to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did aboriginal songs record, according to the "Epilogue, A People Called Baijini"?
2. What last attempt was made by Wang Zhi in 1477?
3. Who invaded China in 1405, and what was the result of the invasion?
4. Why did Zhu Di infuriate the Timurids, and what happened as a result?
5. How did Zhu Di take on a more conservative approach to his rule?
6. Who did Zhu Di replace in 1415?
7. Who did China see as threats, in Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride?
8. What did one of Zheng He's charts note?
9. What was the largest expedition of the fleet ordered in 1412, according to "Chapter 8, The Auspicious Appearance of the Celestial Animals"?
10. What knowledge does early Chinese history point to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the migration of the Yi people and the significance of this migration.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of eunuchs in the government after Zhu Qizhen took over as Emperor.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the archaeological evidence discussed in the "Epilogue" and what such evidence indicates about Chinese populations.
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)