|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who succeeded Zhu Di to the Throne?
2. Who took effective control of China after Zhu Qizhen's rise to the throne?
3. When did Timur invade China?
4. On what island was evidence of Banjuni artifacts found?
5. How long was the mourning period following Zhu Di's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did an anthropologist in 1935 note about physical features of the Banjuni?
2. What did the first Ming Emperor, Zhu Yuanzhang make sure happened when the treasure fleet traveled?
3. What did one of Zheng He's charts note?
4. Who did Zhu Di replace in 1415?
5. Why did Zhu Di become unreasonable, in "Chapter 9, Fires in the Forbidden City"?
6. Why was Zhu Di eager to open up trade negotiations with Japanese representatives, in "Chapter 7, Emissaries of the Dragon Throne"?
7. Why was Hu, master of the water clock, imprisoned in 1421?
8. What happened to inhabitants of towns in China?
9. Who did Zhu Di establish as translator and chronicler of the voyage?
10. How did Zhu Di take on a more conservative approach to his rule?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the Forbidden City and how Zhu Di was affected by the bad luck of the city.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why the general population was strained because of the treasure fleet and how the population was impacted.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the migration of the Yi people and the significance of this migration.
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)