|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the largest of the treasure fleet expeditions ordered, according to "Chapter 8, The Auspicious Appearance of the Celestial Animals"?
2. What happened to the maidens that were sent with Hang Libo?
3. How did the leader of the Timur die?
4. What sea did Zhu Di want the fourth expedition of the treasure fleet to go to?
5. Who threatened China from the sea, according to "Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Zhu Di and sixteen concubines during the summer of 1424?
2. What last attempt was made by Wang Zhi in 1477?
3. Who succeeded Zhu Zhanji, and what did the eunuchs have as a result?
4. Who invaded China in 1405, and what was the result of the invasion?
5. What did an anthropologist in 1935 note about physical features of the Banjuni?
6. Who did China see as threats, in Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride?
7. What was the largest expedition of the fleet ordered in 1412, according to "Chapter 8, The Auspicious Appearance of the Celestial Animals"?
8. Who did Zhu Di establish as translator and chronicler of the voyage?
9. What did aboriginal songs record, according to the "Epilogue, A People Called Baijini"?
10. What knowledge does early Chinese history point to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of concubines and the significance of Madame Wang in When China Ruled The Seas.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between China, Malacca, and the Sumatra.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the leadership of Zhu Yuanzhang and Zhu Di, discussing the similarities and differences in their leadership styles and beliefs about China's needs.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)