|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Hang Libo and her maidens credited with in the legend?
2. What did Zhu Di see the Japan's envoy as a recognition of?
3. What town has relics of Chinese pottery and other artifacts?
4. Who were the Chinese trading with in the 8th century B.C?
5. How old was Zhu Di when he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Zhu Di and sixteen concubines during the summer of 1424?
2. Who did Zhu Di establish as translator and chronicler of the voyage?
3. What last attempt was made by Wang Zhi in 1477?
4. Who did Zhu Di replace in 1415?
5. Why was Zhu Di eager to open up trade negotiations with Japanese representatives, in "Chapter 7, Emissaries of the Dragon Throne"?
6. Who was named the new emperor, and how was he viewed, in "Chapter 10, The Last Voyage"?
7. Why did Zhu Di become unreasonable, in "Chapter 9, Fires in the Forbidden City"?
8. What did Zhu Di go to great lengths to stabilize?
9. What was the goal of the seventh voyage of the treasure fleet in 1430?
10. What did an anthropologist in 1935 note about physical features of the Banjuni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the purpose of the treasure fleet and the significance of Chinese dominance of the high seas.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why the general population was strained because of the treasure fleet and how the population was impacted.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of concubines and the significance of Madame Wang in When China Ruled The Seas.
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)