|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the women of the Baijini wearing?
2. Who were the Baijini linked to?
3. Why was Hang Libo brought to Malacca?
4. What did the Zhu Di do after the fire at the Forbidden City?
5. How many troops did China engage against the Mongols under Zhu Qizhen's rule?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who presented Zhu Di with a giraffe, and what did the envoy mistake the animal for?
2. What did Zhu Di go to great lengths to stabilize?
3. What was the largest expedition of the fleet ordered in 1412, according to "Chapter 8, The Auspicious Appearance of the Celestial Animals"?
4. What knowledge does early Chinese history point to?
5. What was the goal of the seventh voyage of the treasure fleet in 1430?
6. What last attempt was made by Wang Zhi in 1477?
7. Who was named the new emperor, and how was he viewed, in "Chapter 10, The Last Voyage"?
8. What did one of Zheng He's charts note?
9. What happened to inhabitants of towns in China?
10. Who succeeded Zhu Zhanji, and what did the eunuchs have as a result?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of eunuchs in ancient China and why they were castrated.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the purpose of the treasure fleet and the significance of Chinese dominance of the high seas.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between China, Malacca, and the Sumatra.
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)