|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is used to describe the relation between Chinese and Swahili?
2. What did Zheng become for the expatriate Chinese?
3. Who threatened China from the sea, according to "Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride"?
4. What were the women of the Baijini wearing?
5. How did the leader of the Timur die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to inhabitants of towns in China?
2. What did aboriginal songs record, according to the "Epilogue, A People Called Baijini"?
3. How did Zhu Di take on a more conservative approach to his rule?
4. What did one of Zheng He's charts note?
5. Who was named the new emperor, and how was he viewed, in "Chapter 10, The Last Voyage"?
6. What last attempt was made by Wang Zhi in 1477?
7. Who did Zhu Di replace in 1415?
8. What was the goal of the seventh voyage of the treasure fleet in 1430?
9. Who invaded China in 1405, and what was the result of the invasion?
10. Who succeeded Zhu Zhanji, and what did the eunuchs have as a result?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Zhu Di as he became Emperor of the Dragon Throne, and why he was eager to open trade negotiations with the Japanese.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how trade agreements were negotiated in China.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why the general population was strained because of the treasure fleet and how the population was impacted.
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)