|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Chapter 7, Emissaries of the Dragon Throne" say Zhu Di went to great lengths to do regarding the Mongols?
2. What did Zheng become for the expatriate Chinese?
3. When did Timur invade China?
4. What would archaeological evidence indicate if the people of both Baijini and Banjuni were not of Chinese descent?
5. What did the King of Bengal offer to Zhu Di?
Short Essay Questions
1. What last attempt was made by Wang Zhi in 1477?
2. Why was Zhu Di eager to open up trade negotiations with Japanese representatives, in "Chapter 7, Emissaries of the Dragon Throne"?
3. What did one of Zheng He's charts note?
4. What knowledge does early Chinese history point to?
5. Who was named the new emperor, and how was he viewed, in "Chapter 10, The Last Voyage"?
6. Who did China see as threats, in Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride?
7. What happened to inhabitants of towns in China?
8. Why did Zhu Di become unreasonable, in "Chapter 9, Fires in the Forbidden City"?
9. What did the first Ming Emperor, Zhu Yuanzhang make sure happened when the treasure fleet traveled?
10. Why did Zhu Di infuriate the Timurids, and what happened as a result?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between China, Malacca, and the Sumatra.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Emperor in ancient China, how an Emperor was chosen, as well as the responsibilities of an Emperor.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between China and the Calicut and discuss its significance.
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)