|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Zhu Di do after the fire at the Forbidden City?
2. What were the women of the Baijini wearing?
3. What port was Zhu Di eager to start trading with?
4. When did Wang Zhi try to rebuild a powerful navy?
5. Who did Zheng He appoint as translator during the fourth expedition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Zhu Di go to great lengths to stabilize?
2. What knowledge does early Chinese history point to?
3. Who was named the new emperor, and how was he viewed, in "Chapter 10, The Last Voyage"?
4. Who was Hang Libo, and why was she brought to Malacca, in "Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride"?
5. Who invaded China in 1405, and what was the result of the invasion?
6. What happened to Zhu Di and sixteen concubines during the summer of 1424?
7. Why did Zhu Di become unreasonable, in "Chapter 9, Fires in the Forbidden City"?
8. What did an anthropologist in 1935 note about physical features of the Banjuni?
9. How did Zhu Di take on a more conservative approach to his rule?
10. What happened to inhabitants of towns in China?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Song Dynasty and examine its impact on Chinese trade and commerce.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how trade agreements were negotiated in China.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the archaeological evidence discussed in the "Epilogue" and what such evidence indicates about Chinese populations.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)