|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the Baijini linked to?
2. Who did Zheng He appoint as translator during the fourth expedition?
3. What did the King of Bengal offer to Zhu Di?
4. How many troops did China engage against the Mongols under Zhu Qizhen's rule?
5. What was forbidden to be traded during the travels of the treasure fleet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Zhu Di eager to open up trade negotiations with Japanese representatives, in "Chapter 7, Emissaries of the Dragon Throne"?
2. Who did China see as threats, in Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride?
3. What did an anthropologist in 1935 note about physical features of the Banjuni?
4. What did the first Ming Emperor, Zhu Yuanzhang make sure happened when the treasure fleet traveled?
5. Who was named the new emperor, and how was he viewed, in "Chapter 10, The Last Voyage"?
6. Why was Hu, master of the water clock, imprisoned in 1421?
7. What happened to inhabitants of towns in China?
8. Why did Zhu Di infuriate the Timurids, and what happened as a result?
9. What happened to Zhu Di and sixteen concubines during the summer of 1424?
10. What was the goal of the seventh voyage of the treasure fleet in 1430?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between China and the Calicut and discuss its significance.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Confucianism in Chinese culture and its impact on the Chinese economy.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of concubines and the significance of Madame Wang in When China Ruled The Seas.
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)