|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Madame Wang after the dedication of the Forbidden City, according to "Chapter 9, Fires in the Forbidden City"?
2. What sea did Zhu Di want the fourth expedition of the treasure fleet to go to?
3. Who did Zhu Di plan to attack a year after the fire at the Forbidden City?
4. Who were the Baijini linked to?
5. What was Zhu Di satisfied with, according to "Chapter 8, The Auspicious Appearance of the Celestial Animals"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to inhabitants of towns in China?
2. Who invaded China in 1405, and what was the result of the invasion?
3. Who succeeded Zhu Zhanji, and what did the eunuchs have as a result?
4. Who did Zhu Di replace in 1415?
5. What was the largest expedition of the fleet ordered in 1412, according to "Chapter 8, The Auspicious Appearance of the Celestial Animals"?
6. What knowledge does early Chinese history point to?
7. Why did Zhu Di become unreasonable, in "Chapter 9, Fires in the Forbidden City"?
8. Who did China see as threats, in Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride?
9. What did aboriginal songs record, according to the "Epilogue, A People Called Baijini"?
10. Who was named the new emperor, and how was he viewed, in "Chapter 10, The Last Voyage"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the purpose of the treasure fleet and the significance of Chinese dominance of the high seas.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of concubines and the significance of Madame Wang in When China Ruled The Seas.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the island of Ceylon and the conflict which broke out between Alakeswarra and Zheng He.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)