|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose songs record the arrival of the Baijini, according to "Epilogue, A People Called Baijini"?
2. Who predicted the fire that followed the Forbidden City being struck by lightning?
3. What sea did Zhu Di want the fourth expedition of the treasure fleet to go to?
4. How many troops did China engage against the Mongols under Zhu Qizhen's rule?
5. What did Zheng become for the expatriate Chinese?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Zhu Di infuriate the Timurids, and what happened as a result?
2. What did the first Ming Emperor, Zhu Yuanzhang make sure happened when the treasure fleet traveled?
3. What did one of Zheng He's charts note?
4. Who did Zhu Di establish as translator and chronicler of the voyage?
5. Who did Zhu Di replace in 1415?
6. Why was Hu, master of the water clock, imprisoned in 1421?
7. What did an anthropologist in 1935 note about physical features of the Banjuni?
8. How did Zhu Di take on a more conservative approach to his rule?
9. What knowledge does early Chinese history point to?
10. Who invaded China in 1405, and what was the result of the invasion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss polygamous households and their role in ancient China.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between the Chinese and the Mongols.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of concubines and the significance of Madame Wang in When China Ruled The Seas.
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)