|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Zheng He temple erected at Bukit?
2. When did Timur invade China?
3. On what island was evidence of Banjuni artifacts found?
4. What did the "Banjuni" islanders call themselves?
5. How many maidens were sent with Hang Libo to Malacca?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Zhu Di establish as translator and chronicler of the voyage?
2. Why did Zhu Di become unreasonable, in "Chapter 9, Fires in the Forbidden City"?
3. Who invaded China in 1405, and what was the result of the invasion?
4. What did an anthropologist in 1935 note about physical features of the Banjuni?
5. What did one of Zheng He's charts note?
6. What did aboriginal songs record, according to the "Epilogue, A People Called Baijini"?
7. How did Zhu Di take on a more conservative approach to his rule?
8. Who did Zhu Di replace in 1415?
9. What was the largest expedition of the fleet ordered in 1412, according to "Chapter 8, The Auspicious Appearance of the Celestial Animals"?
10. Who presented Zhu Di with a giraffe, and what did the envoy mistake the animal for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between the Chinese and the Mongols.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the migration of the Yi people and the significance of this migration.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the archaeological evidence discussed in the "Epilogue" and what such evidence indicates about Chinese populations.
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)