|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what period did the southern Asian migrate to Taiwan, the Philippines, and Fiji?
2. What was the west coast of India known for?
3. What ship building tool did the Chinese develop in the 10th century?
4. What instrument was used by the treasure fleet to mark the passage of time?
5. When did Zhu Yuanzhang die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Alakeswara, what did he refuse and what happened as a result?
2. What did the Chinese find regarding the ruling zamurin of Calicut?
3. What did archaeological evidence show about these migrants?
4. What did the Song Dynasty establish to protect its sovereignty, and how did it set China apart?
5. Who felt the strain of the fleet?
6. How did the rebel leader Zhu Yuanzhang distinguish himself?
7. What was the first historic Chinese kingdom around 1500 B.C.?
8. What did Confucius believe about China, according to "Chapter 2, Confucians and Curiosities"?
9. What do geologists theorize regarding mass migrations?
10. What did Khubilai Khan lose, and what resulted, according to "Chapter 3, The Prisoner and the Prince"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of Confucianism in Chinese culture and its impact on the Chinese economy.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between China and the Calicut and discuss its significance.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the migration of the Yi people and the significance of this migration.
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)