|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Emperor do to Alakeswara when he was brought before him?
2. Why did the inhabitants of central China decide to leave the area?
3. Who was in command of the third voyage of the treasure fleet?
4. Whom did Zhu Yunwen allow to return to Zhu Di?
5. Who forced Parameswara to exile himself to Malacca?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Zhu Di order the construction of in 1403?
2. Who felt the strain of the fleet?
3. Who was Parameswara and what happened to him?
4. Where did the forefathers of the Yi peoples migrate from?
5. What was the first historic Chinese kingdom around 1500 B.C.?
6. What did China become after the Tang Dynasty was established in 618 A.D.?
7. What new kind of ship was designed for travel, and what did it have?
8. What happened under the Song Dynasty?
9. What did the Chinese find regarding the ruling zamurin of Calicut?
10. What was China's point of view for nurturing a relationship with Malacca?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the island of Ceylon and the conflict which broke out between Alakeswarra and Zheng He.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Song Dynasty and examine its impact on Chinese trade and commerce.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how trade agreements were negotiated in China.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)