|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the treasure fleet go before stopping at Ceylon during its third voyage?
2. When did Confucius live, according to "Chapter 2, Confucians and Curiosities"?
3. During what period did the southern Asian migrate to Taiwan, the Philippines, and Fiji?
4. Who forced Parameswara to exile himself to Malacca?
5. What city was believed to be the greatest one in the 7th Century A.D.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was China's point of view for nurturing a relationship with Malacca?
2. What new kind of ship was designed for travel, and what did it have?
3. What did Zhu Di eventually usurp and what was later discovered about him?
4. What did the Chinese find regarding the ruling zamurin of Calicut?
5. What did Confucius believe about China, according to "Chapter 2, Confucians and Curiosities"?
6. What had the Chinese gained knowledge of by the first centuries A.D.?
7. What role did eunuchs have in the fleet?
8. What did archaeological evidence show about these migrants?
9. What happened to eunuchs before they reached puberty, and how were they described as adults?
10. What did the Song Dynasty establish to protect its sovereignty, and how did it set China apart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the archaeological evidence discussed in the "Epilogue" and what such evidence indicates about Chinese populations.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of concubines and the significance of Madame Wang in When China Ruled The Seas.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how trade agreements were negotiated in China.
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)