|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Zhu Di's favorite Korean concubine?
2. How many maidens were sent with Hang Libo to Malacca?
3. When did the fifth treasure fleet return to China?
4. When were the foreign envoys who visited the court of China ordered back to their countries?
5. What led to the slaying of a large number of eunuchs and concubines?
(a) A theft scandal.
(b) A plague outbreak.
(c) A sex scandal.
(d) A revolt of the eunuchs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the largest of the treasure fleet expeditions ordered, according to "Chapter 8, The Auspicious Appearance of the Celestial Animals"?
2. What was banned during the early Ming Dynasty?
3. When did the treasure fleet return from its 7th voyage?
4. Who took effective control of China after Zhu Qizhen's rise to the throne?
5. Why was Hang Libo brought to Malacca?
Short Essay Questions
1. What knowledge does early Chinese history point to?
2. Who did Zhu Di replace in 1415?
3. What was the goal of the seventh voyage of the treasure fleet in 1430?
4. Who was Hang Libo, and why was she brought to Malacca, in "Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride"?
5. Why was Hu, master of the water clock, imprisoned in 1421?
6. What happened to inhabitants of towns in China?
7. What was the largest expedition of the fleet ordered in 1412, according to "Chapter 8, The Auspicious Appearance of the Celestial Animals"?
8. Who presented Zhu Di with a giraffe, and what did the envoy mistake the animal for?
9. Who did China see as threats, in Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride?
10. Why was Zhu Di eager to open up trade negotiations with Japanese representatives, in "Chapter 7, Emissaries of the Dragon Throne"?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)