|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who threatened China from the sea, according to "Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride"?
(a) The French corsairs.
(b) The British Navy.
(c) Japanese pirates.
(d) The Venetians.
2. What did the King of Bengal offer to Zhu Di?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) 2,500 eunuchs.
(c) 25 women.
(d) A tiger.
3. When was the Zheng He temple erected at Bukit?
4. What town has relics of Chinese pottery and other artifacts?
5. How many ships formed the Chinese navy at its height?
(a) 5,500 ships.
(b) 3,500 ships.
(c) 4,500 ships.
(d) 2,500 ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Zhu Di plan to attack a year after the fire at the Forbidden City?
2. Who succeeded Zhu Di to the Throne?
3. When was the largest of the treasure fleet expeditions ordered, according to "Chapter 8, The Auspicious Appearance of the Celestial Animals"?
4. What were both Baijini and Banjuni reportedly secretive about?
5. When was Zhu Zhanji crowned Emperor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Hu, master of the water clock, imprisoned in 1421?
2. What did aboriginal songs record, according to the "Epilogue, A People Called Baijini"?
3. What was the goal of the seventh voyage of the treasure fleet in 1430?
4. How did Zhu Di take on a more conservative approach to his rule?
5. Why did Zhu Di become unreasonable, in "Chapter 9, Fires in the Forbidden City"?
6. What happened to inhabitants of towns in China?
7. Why was Zhu Di eager to open up trade negotiations with Japanese representatives, in "Chapter 7, Emissaries of the Dragon Throne"?
8. What last attempt was made by Wang Zhi in 1477?
9. What did an anthropologist in 1935 note about physical features of the Banjuni?
10. What knowledge does early Chinese history point to?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)