|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ships were part of the second voyage of the treasure fleet?
2. What modern types of vessels were the early Chinese seafarers using similar to?
(b) Sailing rafts.
(c) Cruise ships.
(d) Tub boats.
3. How were the Confucian principals taught to Zhu's sons?
(a) Though religious books.
(b) Through stories of war.
(c) Through stories of sacrifice and loyalty.
(d) Through horror stories.
4. When were the Yi able to migrate to Alaska and North America?
(a) During the last Ice Age.
(b) In 1207 B.C.
(c) After developing the first sail boat.
(d) At the start of the Ming Dynasty.
5. Who controlled the trade in the Indian Ocean in the 12th century?
(a) The Japanese.
(b) The British.
(c) Persians and Arabs.
(d) The Chinese.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Confucius' teaching do to those who made their living from the sea?
2. Who was commanding the pirates that the treasure fleet defeated?
3. What did the requirements for the building of the Emperor's fleet strain?
4. Who forced the first historic kingdom from the inland to the shores?
5. When did the Emperor order the Fujian province to produce oceangoing ships, according to "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role did eunuchs have in the fleet?
2. Who was Parameswara and what happened to him?
3. What did the Song Dynasty establish to protect its sovereignty, and how did it set China apart?
4. What did Confucius believe about China, according to "Chapter 2, Confucians and Curiosities"?
5. What was the first destination of the third voyage of the treasure fleet in the fall of 1409, according to "Chapter 6, The Strange Kingdoms of Malacca and Ceylon"?
6. In "Chapter 1, The Yi Peoples," what did those living in southern regions of China turn to for their livelihood and why?
7. What did archaeological evidence show about these migrants?
8. What did Zhu Di want to be known for?
9. What happened under the Song Dynasty?
10. What did Khubilai Khan lose, and what resulted, according to "Chapter 3, The Prisoner and the Prince"?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)