|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the duties of the medical officers on the Emperor's ships?
(a) Look after the water supply.
(b) Collect medicinal herbs from other countries.
(c) Prevent scurvy.
(d) Take care of the women on board.
2. What did the treasure fleet discover in Java?
(a) Primitive villages.
(b) Colonies of trade merchants.
(c) Gold mines.
(d) Numerous shipwrecks.
3. Who forced Parameswara to exile himself to Malacca?
(a) Zhu Yi.
4. What emperor understood the profitable results of trade and commerce?
(a) Zhu Wen.
(b) Goa Zong.
(c) Goa Wen.
(d) Ayak do.
5. What was China's main reason for nurturing good relations with Malacca?
(a) Bring stability to the region.
(b) Malacca's repair facilities.
(c) Malacca's sulfur mines.
(d) Malacca's reserves in gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Indonesians trying to escape from during the first and second millennium B.C.?
2. When did the Emperor order the Fujian province to produce oceangoing ships, according to "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet"?
3. Who described the existence of ships similar to those of the early Chinese seafarer in South America?
4. When did the Song Dynasty rule China?
5. What was the west coast of India known for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Zhu Di want to be known for?
2. What was the strength of the treasure ships attributed to?
3. Where did the forefathers of the Yi peoples migrate from?
4. What did the Emperor order in 1403, according to "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet"?
5. Who felt the strain of the fleet?
6. What did the Song Dynasty establish to protect its sovereignty, and how did it set China apart?
7. What did the Chinese find regarding the ruling zamurin of Calicut?
8. What did Zhu Di order the construction of in 1403?
9. How did the treasure fleet avoid stretches of bad weather?
10. What did Zhu Di eventually usurp and what was later discovered about him?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)