|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a flying tiger in the 13th century?
(a) A firework.
(b) A Chinese warship.
(c) A kite.
(d) A canon.
2. What compromised Chinese trade interests in the 3rd century A.D?
(a) The fall of the Han Dynasty.
(b) The rise of Japanese piracy.
(c) The rise of the British Navy.
(d) The fall of available wood to build chips.
3. When was the first unified Chines empire created?
(a) 321 B.C.
(b) 121 B.C.
(c) 221 B.C.
(d) 521 B.C.
4. What was Zhu Yuanzhang's distinction during the fight against the Mongols?
(a) Riding a dragon.
(b) Participating in the battle.
(c) Killing women.
(d) Not killing civilians.
5. Where was Parameswara driven out from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kingdom was established around 1500 B.C.?
2. What was Alakeswara the commander of?
3. How did the Emperor extend the number of oceangoing ships without building new ones?
4. In what year were Khubilai Khan's forces defeated by the Chinese?
5. Who ruled the Western ports of India when the treasure fleet arrived?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had the Chinese gained knowledge of by the first centuries A.D.?
2. In "Chapter 1, The Yi Peoples," what did those living in southern regions of China turn to for their livelihood and why?
3. What happened to eunuchs before they reached puberty, and how were they described as adults?
4. How did Confucius' ideas on trade affect China?
5. Who was Parameswara and what happened to him?
6. What did Khubilai Khan lose, and what resulted, according to "Chapter 3, The Prisoner and the Prince"?
7. What unexpected event did the fleet encounter?
8. What new kind of ship was designed for travel, and what did it have?
9. Who was made commander in chief of the treasure fleet, in "Chapter 5, Destination: Calicut," and why was this significant?
10. What did Confucius believe about China, according to "Chapter 2, Confucians and Curiosities"?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)