|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who forced the first historic kingdom from the inland to the shores?
(a) The Ming.
(b) The Mongols.
(c) The Zhou.
(d) The Tartars.
2. What special feature did the Emperor's fleet include, according to "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet"?
(a) Water tankers.
(b) Fishing ships.
(c) Greenhouse ships.
(d) Pleasure ships.
3. Where was Parameswara driven out from?
4. What was China's main reason for nurturing good relations with Malacca?
(a) Bring stability to the region.
(b) Malacca's reserves in gold.
(c) Malacca's sulfur mines.
(d) Malacca's repair facilities.
5. Who was commanding the pirates that the treasure fleet defeated?
(a) Yhu Tang.
(b) Chen Zuyi.
(c) Chen Wan.
(d) Ya Kang.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the third voyage of the treasure fleet start, according to "Chapter 6, The Strange Kingdoms of Malacca and Ceylon"?
2. Why was Parameswara having problems when the treasure fleet came to his kingdom?
3. What did the Chinese commander of the treasure fleet bring with plans to leave it in a place of honor?
4. What instrument was used by the treasure fleet to mark the passage of time?
5. How much of his army did Khubilai Khan lose during the invasion of Burma, according to "Chapter 3, The Prisoner and the Prince"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the rebel leader Zhu Yuanzhang distinguish himself?
2. Who was made commander in chief of the treasure fleet, in "Chapter 5, Destination: Calicut," and why was this significant?
3. Who was Alakeswara, what did he refuse and what happened as a result?
4. What did China become after the Tang Dynasty was established in 618 A.D.?
5. What was the strength of the treasure ships attributed to?
6. What role did eunuchs have in the fleet?
7. What unexpected event did the fleet encounter?
8. What did archaeological evidence show about these migrants?
9. What was the first destination of the third voyage of the treasure fleet in the fall of 1409, according to "Chapter 6, The Strange Kingdoms of Malacca and Ceylon"?
10. What did Khubilai Khan lose, and what resulted, according to "Chapter 3, The Prisoner and the Prince"?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)