|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zhu Di see the Japan's envoy as a recognition of?
(a) His superiority to the Shogun.
(b) His place in the world.
(c) His authenticity as rightful heir to the Dragon Throne.
(d) The might of his army.
2. What would archaeological evidence indicate if the people of both Baijini and Banjuni were not of Chinese descent?
(a) Errors in the translation of the names.
(b) Both were influenced by the Chinese.
(c) It cannot indicate anything, but that they were descended from the Chinese.
(d) The names were a coincidence.
3. What were both Baijini and Banjuni reportedly secretive about?
(b) Ship building.
4. What was banned during the early Ming Dynasty?
5. Who threatened China from the sea, according to "Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride"?
(a) The British Navy.
(b) The French corsairs.
(c) Japanese pirates.
(d) The Venetians.
6. What modern country were the Banjuni from?
(c) South Africa.
7. When did the fifth treasure fleet return to China?
8. When did tens of thousands of Chinese begin to settle in the Philippines?
(a) When the Ming Dynasty began to fade.
(b) When the Japanese made peace with China.
(c) When the British invaded.
(d) When the Tang Dynasty took power.
9. What were the women of the Baijini wearing?
(a) White clothing.
(b) Colorful clothing.
(c) Black clothing.
10. When were the foreign envoys who visited the court of China ordered back to their countries?
11. What did Zheng become for the expatriate Chinese?
(a) An object of ridicule.
(b) A shame.
(c) A patron saint.
(d) A god.
12. How many men did the Timur army have when it invaded China?
13. How many ships formed the Chinese navy at its height?
(a) 3,500 ships.
(b) 5,500 ships.
(c) 4,500 ships.
(d) 2,500 ships.
14. How old was Zhu Di when he died?
15. Who did Zhu Di blame when he fell off of a horse?
(b) The foreign leader that gave it to him
(c) His eunuch.
(d) The goddess Yi.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Zhu Zhanji die?
2. When did Wang Zhi try to rebuild a powerful navy?
3. What did the Chinese use to trade for sapphires and rubies?
4. What did the "Banjuni" islanders call themselves?
5. Who predicted the fire that followed the Forbidden City being struck by lightning?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)