|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the treasure fleet return from its 7th voyage?
2. How was Zhu Zhanji related to Zhu Di, according to "Chapter 10, The Last Voyage"?
(a) He was his grandson.
(b) He was his brother.
(c) He was his son.
(d) He was his nephew.
3. What were Hang Libo and her maidens credited with in the legend?
(a) The creation of the Chinese community in Malacca.
(b) Creating shipping lines.
(c) Taming the Sultan.
(d) Building temples.
4. How many maidens were sent with Hang Libo to Malacca?
5. What was Zhu Di in the process of doing at the time the fourth treasure fleet set sail?
(a) Preparing his wedding.
(b) Negotiating with the Mongols.
(c) Preparing to invade Japan.
(d) Relocating the capital city.
6. What did Zhu Di see the Japan's envoy as a recognition of?
(a) His authenticity as rightful heir to the Dragon Throne.
(b) His place in the world.
(c) His superiority to the Shogun.
(d) The might of his army.
7. What did Zhu Di refer to himself as?
(a) Lord of the realms of the face of the earth.
(b) The Solar King.
(c) The Solar Emperor.
(d) Great Man.
8. What did the Chinese use to trade for sapphires and rubies?
(a) Porcelain and silk.
(c) Wood carvings.
9. What was Zhu Di satisfied with, according to "Chapter 8, The Auspicious Appearance of the Celestial Animals"?
(a) The four corners of the sea were quiet.
(b) The plans for the Forbidden City.
(c) The new canons China developed.
(d) The number of ships he had.
10. When was the 7th voyage of the treasure fleet ordered?
11. Who did Zhu Di blame when he fell off of a horse?
(a) His eunuch.
(b) The foreign leader that gave it to him
(c) The goddess Yi.
12. When did tens of thousands of Chinese begin to settle in the Philippines?
(a) When the British invaded.
(b) When the Tang Dynasty took power.
(c) When the Japanese made peace with China.
(d) When the Ming Dynasty began to fade.
13. What did the King of Bengal offer to Zhu Di?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A giraffe.
(c) 2,500 eunuchs.
(d) 25 women.
14. How many troops did China engage against the Mongols under Zhu Qizhen's rule?
15. Who succeeded Zhu Di to the Throne?
(a) Zhu Tuan.
(b) Zhu Wen.
(c) Zhu Gaozhi.
(d) Zhu Hiuam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Zhu Di's favorite Korean concubine?
2. Where did Zheng He die?
3. When did Wang Zhi try to rebuild a powerful navy?
4. When did the largest treasure fleet return to China?
5. How many men did the Timur army have when it invaded China?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)