|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Hang Libo brought to Malacca?
(a) To be sacrificed.
(b) To be imprisoned.
(c) To marry the Sultan Masur Shah.
(d) To marry the Emir Maruk Sahs.
2. What word is used to describe the relation between Chinese and Swahili?
3. When did the fifth treasure fleet return to China?
4. When was the 7th voyage of the treasure fleet ordered?
5. What led to the slaying of a large number of eunuchs and concubines?
(a) A sex scandal.
(b) A theft scandal.
(c) A plague outbreak.
(d) A revolt of the eunuchs.
6. When was the Forbidden City struck by lightning?
7. What was banned during the early Ming Dynasty?
8. What dynasty was Zhu Di part of ?
(a) The Tang Dynasty.
(b) The Wi Dynasty.
(c) The Zhu Dynasty.
(d) The Ming Dynasty.
9. What happened to Madame Wang after the dedication of the Forbidden City, according to "Chapter 9, Fires in the Forbidden City"?
(a) She died.
(b) She fled.
(c) She killed another concubine.
(d) She gave birth.
10. Who succeeded Zhu Di to the Throne?
(a) Zhu Wen.
(b) Zhu Gaozhi.
(c) Zhu Tuan.
(d) Zhu Hiuam.
11. Who took effective control of China after Zhu Qizhen's rise to the throne?
(a) Wang Tuan.
(b) Zhu Wen.
(c) Zhen Tuan.
(d) Wang Zhen.
12. When did Wang Zhi try to rebuild a powerful navy?
13. When did the largest treasure fleet return to China?
14. What were the women of the Baijini wearing?
(b) Black clothing.
(c) White clothing.
(d) Colorful clothing.
15. What town has relics of Chinese pottery and other artifacts?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Zhu Di's favorite Korean concubine?
2. How many ships formed the Chinese navy at its height?
3. When did the Shogun that sent the envoys to China die?
4. Where did Zheng He die?
5. How was Zhu Zhanji related to Zhu Di, according to "Chapter 10, The Last Voyage"?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)