|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Shogun that sent the envoys to China die?
2. How long was the mourning period following Zhu Di's death?
(a) 200 days.
(b) 300 days.
(c) 150 days.
(d) 100 days.
3. When did the largest treasure fleet return to China?
4. When did tens of thousands of Chinese begin to settle in the Philippines?
(a) When the Ming Dynasty began to fade.
(b) When the Japanese made peace with China.
(c) When the Tang Dynasty took power.
(d) When the British invaded.
5. Who predicted the fire that followed the Forbidden City being struck by lightning?
(a) Zhu Hen.
(b) Hu, the water clock master.
(c) The prophet Yo.
(d) The eunuch Ya-Wang.
6. What were the women of the Baijini wearing?
(a) Colorful clothing.
(b) White clothing.
(d) Black clothing.
7. What town has relics of Chinese pottery and other artifacts?
8. What was punishable by death by 1500?
(a) Building a ship with more than 2 masts.
(b) Kissing a woman.
(c) Talking to foreigners.
(d) Entering the Forbidden City.
9. Who saw to it that Chinese calendars, Confucian books, and Buddhist scriptures were spread to new lands by the treasure fleet?
(a) Wang Tuan.
(b) Zhu Yi.
(c) Zhu Yuanzhang.
(d) Zhu Wang.
10. What were Hang Libo and her maidens credited with in the legend?
(a) Creating shipping lines.
(b) Taming the Sultan.
(c) The creation of the Chinese community in Malacca.
(d) Building temples.
11. What did Zhu Di see the Japan's envoy as a recognition of?
(a) His authenticity as rightful heir to the Dragon Throne.
(b) The might of his army.
(c) His place in the world.
(d) His superiority to the Shogun.
12. What were Japan's envoys in charge of doing, according to "Chapter 7, Emissaries of the Dragon Throne"?
(a) Stealing boat manufacturing techniques.
(b) Supporting opponents of the Emperor.
(c) Studying Confucius.
(d) Opening a trade relationship.
13. When did the Baijini arrive in Australia?
(a) During an eclipse.
(b) During the monsoon season.
(c) At night.
(d) In 1456.
14. Why was Hang Libo brought to Malacca?
(a) To be sacrificed.
(b) To marry the Sultan Masur Shah.
(c) To marry the Emir Maruk Sahs.
(d) To be imprisoned.
15. Who does "Chapter 11, The Sultan's Bride" say grew stronger as China grew weaker?
(a) The Tartars.
(b) The Mongols.
(c) The Japanese.
(d) The British.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Zhu Di plan to attack a year after the fire at the Forbidden City?
2. What did Zhu Di refer to himself as?
3. What did Sumatra provide to China?
4. Who were the Baijini linked to?
5. How was Zhu Zhanji related to Zhu Di, according to "Chapter 10, The Last Voyage"?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)