|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the treasure fleet launched from?
(b) The Yellow Sea.
(d) The Yangzi.
2. When was the second voyage of the treasure fleet planned for?
3. What resources came to China from Persia in the 7th Century?
4. What did Zhu Yuanzhang become after the victory over the Mongols?
(a) Second emperor of the Ming Dynasty.
(b) Head of the eunuchs of the Emperor.
(c) First Emperor of the Ming Dynasty.
(d) Head of the Chinese army.
5. What goddess did the crew of the treasure fleet pray to before they left?
6. How long did the first historic Chinese kingdom last?
(a) 300 years.
(b) 700 years.
(c) 200 years.
(d) 500 years.
7. What were the eunuchs castrated before puberty called?
(a) Little women.
(b) Pure from childhood.
8. What did the Emperor do to Alakeswara when he was brought before him?
(a) He imprisoned him.
(b) He killed him.
(c) He put him back on the throne.
(d) He pardoned him.
9. How did Khubilai Khan lose part of his army during the invasion of Burma?
(b) The plague.
10. What special feature did the Emperor's fleet include, according to "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet"?
(a) Fishing ships.
(b) Pleasure ships.
(c) Water tankers.
(d) Greenhouse ships.
11. What happened to Zhu Di's mother?
(a) She was fed to the dogs.
(b) She escaped to Japan.
(c) She was imprisoned in an iron skirt and died of cold outside.
(d) She was sentenced to life in prison.
12. What did the crew of the treasure fleet think was causing typhoons?
(b) Underwater volcanoes.
(c) The goddess Ya Zi.
(d) Dragons beneath the sea.
13. Who was in command of the third voyage of the treasure fleet?
(a) Zhu Zi.
(b) Zheng He.
(c) Wang Tan.
(d) Tang Wi.
14. How many oceangoing ships did the Emperor order the Fujian province to build?
15. Where did the warships escorting the treasure fleet first engage pirates?
(a) The Persian Sea.
(b) The Yellow Sea.
(c) The Strait of Malacca.
(d) The Indian Ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Chinese building methods made the building of the treasure ship possible?
2. When did the treasure fleet return from its third voyage?
3. What was Alakeswara the commander of?
4. Who described the existence of ships similar to those of the early Chinese seafarer in South America?
5. Who does "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet" say were used in command position?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)