|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the treasure fleet go before stopping at Ceylon during its third voyage?
(c) Sumatra and the Malay Peninsula.
(d) The Philippines.
2. What did the Chinese commander of the treasure fleet bring with plans to leave it in a place of honor?
(a) A gold statue of Confucius.
(b) A stone temple.
(c) A totem.
(d) A tri-lingual tablet.
3. What did the first boat people cross, according to "Chapter 1, The Yi Peoples"?
(a) The water between Java and Sulawesi.
(b) The water between China and Taiwan.
(c) The Yangtze.
(d) The Yellow River.
4. What resources came to China from Burma in the 7th Century?
(c) Black pepper.
5. What kingdom was established around 1500 B.C.?
(a) The Tang Empire.
(b) The Ming Dynasty.
(c) The Shang.
(d) The Swang Kingdom.
6. When was the second voyage of the treasure fleet planned for?
7. What country did the Mongols invade in 1274?
(b) The Phillipines.
8. What did Zhu Di appoint Zheng He do, according to "Chapter 5, Destination: Calicut"?
(a) Commander of the treasure fleet.
(b) Prime political negotiator.
(c) Doctor of the fleet.
(d) Second in command.
9. Where was Parameswara driven out from?
10. What modern types of vessels were the early Chinese seafarers using similar to?
(b) Cruise ships.
(c) Sailing rafts.
(d) Tub boats.
11. What shape were the sails of the treasure ship ?
12. What special feature did the Emperor's fleet include, according to "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet"?
(a) Water tankers.
(b) Greenhouse ships.
(c) Pleasure ships.
(d) Fishing ships.
13. What were the eunuchs castrated before puberty called?
(a) Little women.
(b) Pure from childhood.
14. What was the destination of the treasure fleet's first mission?
(a) The Philippines.
15. What does archeological evidence indicate about the Yi people?
(a) They traveled as far as New Guinea and Australia.
(b) They sacrificed women.
(c) They didn't know bronze.
(d) They used tar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What house led the Chinese army that defeated the Mongols in 1382?
2. Where did the fleet first stop on its way to India?
3. What caused the sea to rise quickly?
4. What did the Emperor do to Alakeswara when he was brought before him?
5. How many factions were fighting for the control of Ceylon?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)