|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the eunuchs castrated before puberty called?
(a) Pure from childhood.
(c) Little women.
2. Who were the descendants of the Chinese seafaring people?
(a) Seafaring people of Indonesia and Polynesia.
(c) The Hawaiian people.
(d) The British.
3. Who was commanding the pirates that the treasure fleet defeated?
(a) Chen Zuyi.
(b) Chen Wan.
(c) Yhu Tang.
(d) Ya Kang.
4. Who described the existence of ships similar to those of the early Chinese seafarer in South America?
(a) Portuguese explorers.
(b) Native Americans.
(c) Spanish explorers.
(d) American missionaries.
5. What regions were in economic peril because of Zhu Yuanzhang's retreat from trade?
(a) Inland China.
(c) Indonesia and the Malay Peninsula.
6. What happened to the young sons of the defeated Mongols?
(a) They were imprisoned.
(b) They were castrated.
(c) They were freed.
(d) They were killed.
7. Where did the Yi forefathers migrate from?
(b) The Mongol Empire.
(c) Lowlands of China.
(d) Highlands of central China.
8. What did the Emperor do to Alakeswara when he was brought before him?
(a) He put him back on the throne.
(b) He pardoned him.
(c) He imprisoned him.
(d) He killed him.
9. Why did the treasure fleet wait several months at the first stop?
(a) It was waiting for the monsoon to end.
(b) It was waiting for silk to be produced.
(c) It was waiting for supplies to arrive.
(d) The commander was sick.
10. What ship building tool did the Chinese develop in the 10th century?
(a) Dry docks.
(d) The hammer.
11. Where did the treasure fleet go before stopping at Ceylon during its third voyage?
(b) The Philippines.
(c) Sumatra and the Malay Peninsula.
12. What resources came to China from Persia in the 7th Century?
13. What were the duties of the medical officers on the Emperor's ships?
(a) Look after the water supply.
(b) Prevent scurvy.
(c) Collect medicinal herbs from other countries.
(d) Take care of the women on board.
14. What did the treasure fleet discover in Java?
(a) Gold mines.
(b) Colonies of trade merchants.
(c) Primitive villages.
(d) Numerous shipwrecks.
15. What was a flying tiger in the 13th century?
(a) A canon.
(b) A firework.
(c) A Chinese warship.
(d) A kite.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the treasure fleet return from its third voyage?
2. What country did the Mongols invade in 1274?
3. How long did the first historic Chinese kingdom last?
4. Who forced the first historic kingdom from the inland to the shores?
5. Why did Zhu Yuanzhang forbid his sons from attending his funeral?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)