|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Parameswara driven out from?
2. Whom was Zhu Di the son of?
(a) A Mongol.
(b) A consort.
(c) Zhu Yuanzhang.
(d) A Persian prisoner.
3. Who forced the first historic kingdom from the inland to the shores?
(a) The Ming.
(b) The Zhou.
(c) The Mongols.
(d) The Tartars.
4. How did the Emperor extend the number of oceangoing ships without building new ones?
(a) He refurbished existing ships.
(b) He asked for donations from other kingdoms.
(c) He captured Japanese ships.
(d) He bought Indian ships.
5. Why did the Emperor order the construction of the treasure ship?
(a) To show the world the strength of the Empire.
(b) To bring riches to the Empire.
(c) To bring orders for large ships to Chineses shipyards.
(d) To show the Empire's craftsmanship.
6. What dynasty was established in 618 A.D.?
(a) The Ming dynasty.
(b) The Wang dynasty.
(c) The Yi dynasty.
(d) The Tang dynasty.
7. What did the first boat people cross, according to "Chapter 1, The Yi Peoples"?
(a) The water between Java and Sulawesi.
(b) The water between China and Taiwan.
(c) The Yangtze.
(d) The Yellow River.
8. Who described the existence of ships similar to those of the early Chinese seafarer in South America?
(a) American missionaries.
(b) Native Americans.
(c) Spanish explorers.
(d) Portuguese explorers.
9. Whom did Zhu Yunwen allow to return to Zhu Di?
(a) 2,000 of Zhu Di's soldiers.
(b) Zhu Di's three remaining sons.
(c) 25 of Zhu Di's concubines.
(d) Zhu Di's wife.
10. What did Zhu Di appoint Zheng He do, according to "Chapter 5, Destination: Calicut"?
(a) Commander of the treasure fleet.
(b) Prime political negotiator.
(c) Doctor of the fleet.
(d) Second in command.
11. Why did the treasure fleet wait several months at the first stop?
(a) It was waiting for the monsoon to end.
(b) It was waiting for silk to be produced.
(c) It was waiting for supplies to arrive.
(d) The commander was sick.
12. When were the Yi able to migrate to Alaska and North America?
(a) In 1207 B.C.
(b) At the start of the Ming Dynasty.
(c) After developing the first sail boat.
(d) During the last Ice Age.
13. What kingdom was established around 1500 B.C.?
(a) The Ming Dynasty.
(b) The Shang.
(c) The Tang Empire.
(d) The Swang Kingdom.
14. When did Zhu Di claim the throne of China?
15. How long did the first historic Chinese kingdom last?
(a) 700 years.
(b) 200 years.
(c) 500 years.
(d) 300 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Emperor do to Alakeswara when he was brought before him?
2. When did the Yi people start the Chinese seafaring tradition, according to "Chapter 1, The Yi Peoples"?
3. Who was in command of the third voyage of the treasure fleet?
4. What does archeological evidence indicate about the Yi people?
5. Where did the warships escorting the treasure fleet first engage pirates?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)