|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a flying tiger in the 13th century?
(a) A firework.
(b) A Chinese warship.
(c) A canon.
(d) A kite.
2. What was the destination of the treasure fleet's first mission?
(b) The Philippines.
3. What did the Chinese commander of the treasure fleet bring with plans to leave it in a place of honor?
(a) A totem.
(b) A stone temple.
(c) A gold statue of Confucius.
(d) A tri-lingual tablet.
4. How did Khubilai Khan lose part of his army during the invasion of Burma?
(b) The plague.
5. Why did the inhabitants of central China decide to leave the area?
(a) The cattle died of poisoning.
(b) The Mongols invaded.
(c) The Yangzi River was iced over.
(d) The Yellow River overflowed.
6. Who took power over the Chinese Empire in 1279?
(a) Khan Noonien Singh.
(b) Khubilai Khan.
(d) Zhu Yi.
7. When was the first unified Chines empire created?
(a) 121 B.C.
(b) 521 B.C.
(c) 221 B.C.
(d) 321 B.C.
8. What kingdom was established around 1500 B.C.?
(a) The Swang Kingdom.
(b) The Tang Empire.
(c) The Ming Dynasty.
(d) The Shang.
9. Where did the treasure fleet go before stopping at Ceylon during its third voyage?
(a) Sumatra and the Malay Peninsula.
(d) The Philippines.
10. What were the eunuchs castrated before puberty called?
(a) Little women.
(d) Pure from childhood.
11. What was the west coast of India known for?
(a) Silk and spices.
(b) Slaves and sugar.
(c) Spices and wood.
(d) Rum and gold.
12. How long did the first historic Chinese kingdom last?
(a) 700 years.
(b) 300 years.
(c) 500 years.
(d) 200 years.
13. When did Zhu Yuanzhang die?
14. Who ruled the Western ports of India when the treasure fleet arrived?
(a) The Zamorin.
(b) The Tizamo.
(c) The Ishama.
(d) The Nerus.
15. What did the crew of the treasure fleet think was causing typhoons?
(a) Underwater volcanoes.
(b) The goddess Ya Zi.
(c) Dragons beneath the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the second voyage of the treasure fleet planned for?
2. What was Zhu Yuanzhang's distinction during the fight against the Mongols?
3. How were the Confucian principals taught to Zhu's sons?
4. What Chinese building methods made the building of the treasure ship possible?
5. In what year were Khubilai Khan's forces defeated by the Chinese?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)