|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Zhu Yunwen allow to return to Zhu Di?
(a) 25 of Zhu Di's concubines.
(b) 2,000 of Zhu Di's soldiers.
(c) Zhu Di's three remaining sons.
(d) Zhu Di's wife.
2. What was the mission of the representatives sent to China after the return of the treasure fleet?
(a) Honor and pay tribute to Zhu Di.
(b) To spy on the Chinese.
(c) To buy Chinese boats.
(d) To kill the Emperor.
3. Why did the inhabitants of central China decide to leave the area?
(a) The cattle died of poisoning.
(b) The Yangzi River was iced over.
(c) The Mongols invaded.
(d) The Yellow River overflowed.
4. What gift was Zhu Di fascinated with, according to "Chapter 6, The Strange Kingdoms of Malacca and Ceylon"?
(a) A rudimentary magnifying glass.
(b) A white woman.
(c) A giraffe.
(d) A lion.
5. What did Zhu Yuanzhang become after the victory over the Mongols?
(a) Head of the eunuchs of the Emperor.
(b) First Emperor of the Ming Dynasty.
(c) Head of the Chinese army.
(d) Second emperor of the Ming Dynasty.
6. When did Zhu Yuanzhang die?
7. What house led the Chinese army that defeated the Mongols in 1382?
(a) The Wangs.
(b) The Mings.
(c) The Wi.
(d) The Tangs.
8. During what period did the southern Asian migrate to Taiwan, the Philippines, and Fiji?
(a) 9000 B.C. to 7300 B.C.
(b) 5000 B.C. to 1300 B.C.
(c) 9000 B.C. to 130 B.C.
(d) 9000 B.C. to 1300 B.C.
9. When were the Yi able to migrate to Alaska and North America?
(a) After developing the first sail boat.
(b) During the last Ice Age.
(c) At the start of the Ming Dynasty.
(d) In 1207 B.C.
10. When was the second voyage of the treasure fleet planned for?
11. In what countries were artifacts similar to those of the first historical kingdom found?
(a) Iraq and Israel.
(b) Peru and Mexico.
(c) France and England.
(d) Iran and Pakistan.
12. Why was the entire Empire forced to take part in the building of the Emperor's fleet?
(a) A large number of sailors was needed.
(b) A large amount of wood was needed.
(c) A large amount of builders were needed.
(d) A large amount of coal was needed.
13. Who ruled the Western ports of India when the treasure fleet arrived?
(a) The Zamorin.
(b) The Tizamo.
(c) The Ishama.
(d) The Nerus.
14. Where did the warships escorting the treasure fleet first engage pirates?
(a) The Persian Sea.
(b) The Indian Ocean.
(c) The Strait of Malacca.
(d) The Yellow Sea.
15. How did Confucius refer to China?
(a) The Rising Sun Empire.
(b) The Never Ending Kingdom.
(c) The Middle Kingdom.
(d) The Greatest Empire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the treasure fleet discover in Java?
2. How much of his army did Khubilai Khan lose during the invasion of Burma, according to "Chapter 3, The Prisoner and the Prince"?
3. What dynasty made Confucianism the basis of the Chinese moral code?
4. What was a flying tiger in the 13th century?
5. Who was in command of the third voyage of the treasure fleet?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)