|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took power over the Chinese Empire in 1279?
(b) Khubilai Khan.
(c) Zhu Yi.
(d) Khan Noonien Singh.
2. Who does "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet" say were used in command position?
3. Why was Parameswara having problems when the treasure fleet came to his kingdom?
(a) His army was rebelling.
(b) He challenged Siamese authority.
(c) His fleet lost a major battle against pirates.
(d) His army suffered from malaria.
4. What resources came to China from Burma in the 7th Century?
(a) Black pepper.
5. What was China's main reason for nurturing good relations with Malacca?
(a) Malacca's reserves in gold.
(b) Malacca's sulfur mines.
(c) Bring stability to the region.
(d) Malacca's repair facilities.
6. How many sons did Zhu Yuanzhang father?
7. What did the treasure fleet use to determine its direction?
(a) The moon.
(b) A water compass.
(c) The wind direction.
(d) The sun.
8. When did Confucius live, according to "Chapter 2, Confucians and Curiosities"?
(a) 5th century.
(b) 6th century.
(c) 7th century.
(d) 3th century.
9. Who described the existence of ships similar to those of the early Chinese seafarer in South America?
(a) Spanish explorers.
(b) Portuguese explorers.
(c) American missionaries.
(d) Native Americans.
10. Why did Zhu Yuanzhang forbid his sons from attending his funeral?
(a) He didn't want his concubines to be stolen.
(b) He feared they would fight to gain power.
(c) He wanted them to pray for him at the temple.
(d) He didn't want his tomb looted.
11. What instrument was used by the treasure fleet to determine their latitude?
(a) A tiwini.
(b) A quinoyi.
(c) A quianxingban.
(d) A wantanzi.
12. What color were the sails of the treasure ship?
13. What instrument was used by the treasure fleet to mark the passage of time?
(a) A pendulum clock.
(b) An hourglass.
(c) Graded incense sticks.
(d) A pocket watch.
14. What emperor understood the profitable results of trade and commerce?
(a) Goa Wen.
(b) Ayak do.
(c) Goa Zong.
(d) Zhu Wen.
15. When did the Emperor order the Fujian province to produce oceangoing ships, according to "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who destroyed the pagoda Zhu Di built in honor of his mother?
2. How did the Emperor extend the number of oceangoing ships without building new ones?
3. Who took the Chine Empire throne in 1398?
4. Where did the Yi forefathers migrate from?
5. What compromised Chinese trade interests in the 3rd century A.D?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)