|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the treasure fleet return from its third voyage?
2. What type of trade developed in the 7th and 8th Century?
(a) Coal trade.
(b) Silk trade.
(c) Human trade.
(d) Horse trade.
3. When did the Yi people start the Chinese seafaring tradition, according to "Chapter 1, The Yi Peoples"?
(a) 3000 B.C.
(b) 2000 B.C.
(c) 1000 B.C.
(d) 4000 B.C.
4. Why did the treasure fleet wait several months at the first stop?
(a) The commander was sick.
(b) It was waiting for the monsoon to end.
(c) It was waiting for supplies to arrive.
(d) It was waiting for silk to be produced.
5. What compromised Chinese trade interests in the 3rd century A.D?
(a) The fall of the Han Dynasty.
(b) The rise of the British Navy.
(c) The rise of Japanese piracy.
(d) The fall of available wood to build chips.
6. When did the third voyage of the treasure fleet start, according to "Chapter 6, The Strange Kingdoms of Malacca and Ceylon"?
(a) Summer of 1409.
(b) Fall of 1409.
(c) Fall of 1419.
(d) Spring of 1409.
7. What regions were in economic peril because of Zhu Yuanzhang's retreat from trade?
(b) Inland China.
(d) Indonesia and the Malay Peninsula.
8. Who does "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet" say were used in command position?
9. What instrument was used by the treasure fleet to determine their latitude?
(a) A quinoyi.
(b) A wantanzi.
(c) A quianxingban.
(d) A tiwini.
10. What was the west coast of India known for?
(a) Slaves and sugar.
(b) Silk and spices.
(c) Spices and wood.
(d) Rum and gold.
11. When did Zhu Yuanzhang die?
12. When did the Emperor order the Fujian province to produce oceangoing ships, according to "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet"?
13. What dynasty was established in 618 A.D.?
(a) The Wang dynasty.
(b) The Tang dynasty.
(c) The Ming dynasty.
(d) The Yi dynasty.
14. What did the requirements for the building of the Emperor's fleet strain?
(a) The Chinese gold reserves.
(b) The relationship between Japan and China.
(c) The Chinese wood supply.
(d) The general population.
15. When were the Yi able to migrate to Alaska and North America?
(a) In 1207 B.C.
(b) During the last Ice Age.
(c) After developing the first sail boat.
(d) At the start of the Ming Dynasty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who forced Parameswara to exile himself to Malacca?
2. When did Zhu Di claim the throne of China?
3. Why did the inhabitants of central China decide to leave the area?
4. What appeared during the building of the fleet?
5. What kingdom was established around 1500 B.C.?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)