|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the treasure fleet wait several months at the first stop?
(a) It was waiting for supplies to arrive.
(b) It was waiting for silk to be produced.
(c) It was waiting for the monsoon to end.
(d) The commander was sick.
2. How did Confucius refer to China?
(a) The Middle Kingdom.
(b) The Never Ending Kingdom.
(c) The Greatest Empire.
(d) The Rising Sun Empire.
3. Where was the treasure fleet to sail on its third voyage?
(a) Persian Sea.
(b) The Philippines.
(c) Indian Ocean.
(d) Pacific Ocean.
4. What ship building tool did the Chinese develop in the 10th century?
(a) The hammer.
(c) Dry docks.
5. How were the Confucian principals taught to Zhu's sons?
(a) Through stories of war.
(b) Though religious books.
(c) Through stories of sacrifice and loyalty.
(d) Through horror stories.
6. When did the Song Dynasty rule China?
(a) 960-1379 A.D.
(b) 960-1279 A.D.
(c) 760-1279 A.D.
(d) 960-1879 A.D.
7. What did the requirements for the building of the Emperor's fleet strain?
(a) The relationship between Japan and China.
(b) The Chinese gold reserves.
(c) The Chinese wood supply.
(d) The general population.
8. Where was the treasure fleet launched from?
(a) The Yellow Sea.
(b) The Yangzi.
9. What appeared during the building of the fleet?
(a) British envoys.
(b) Steel rivet construction method.
(d) Mongol soldiers.
10. When did the Emperor order the Fujian province to produce oceangoing ships, according to "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet"?
11. What goddess did the crew of the treasure fleet pray to before they left?
12. When were the Yi able to migrate to Alaska and North America?
(a) After developing the first sail boat.
(b) In 1207 B.C.
(c) During the last Ice Age.
(d) At the start of the Ming Dynasty.
13. Why was Zheng He's appointment unique?
(a) He was a farmer.
(b) She was a woman.
(c) He was a eunuch.
(d) He was not of noble heritage.
14. When was the first unified Chines empire created?
(a) 121 B.C.
(b) 221 B.C.
(c) 321 B.C.
(d) 521 B.C.
15. What did the Emperor do to Alakeswara when he was brought before him?
(a) He imprisoned him.
(b) He killed him.
(c) He pardoned him.
(d) He put him back on the throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the west coast of India known for?
2. When did the third voyage of the treasure fleet start, according to "Chapter 6, The Strange Kingdoms of Malacca and Ceylon"?
3. How many oceangoing ships did the Emperor order other provinces to build?
4. What was the mission of the representatives sent to China after the return of the treasure fleet?
5. How did the Emperor extend the number of oceangoing ships without building new ones?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)