|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the Indonesians trying to escape from during the first and second millennium B.C.?
(a) Invading Spanish settlers.
(b) War with the Micronesians.
(c) The volcanoes of the region.
(d) The lack of fresh water.
2. Who took the Chine Empire throne in 1398?
(a) Zhu He.
(b) Zhu The.
(c) Zhu Wa-yi.
(d) Zhu Yunwen.
3. Who were the descendants of the Chinese seafaring people?
(a) Seafaring people of Indonesia and Polynesia.
(c) The British.
(d) The Hawaiian people.
4. When was the second voyage of the treasure fleet planned for?
5. What resources came to China from Persia in the 7th Century?
6. Where was the treasure fleet to sail on its third voyage?
(a) Persian Sea.
(b) The Philippines.
(c) Indian Ocean.
(d) Pacific Ocean.
7. How many factions were fighting for the control of Ceylon?
8. What emperor understood the profitable results of trade and commerce?
(a) Goa Wen.
(b) Ayak do.
(c) Zhu Wen.
(d) Goa Zong.
9. What does archeological evidence indicate about the Yi people?
(a) They used tar.
(b) They sacrificed women.
(c) They didn't know bronze.
(d) They traveled as far as New Guinea and Australia.
10. How much of his army did Khubilai Khan lose during the invasion of Burma, according to "Chapter 3, The Prisoner and the Prince"?
11. What instrument was used by the treasure fleet to mark the passage of time?
(a) Graded incense sticks.
(b) A pendulum clock.
(c) An hourglass.
(d) A pocket watch.
12. Who forced Parameswara to exile himself to Malacca?
(a) Zhu Yi.
13. What dynasty made Confucianism the basis of the Chinese moral code?
(a) The Tang Dynasty.
(b) The Ming Dynasty.
(c) The Wangzu Dynasty.
(d) The Han Dynasty.
14. What was the west coast of India known for?
(a) Spices and wood.
(b) Rum and gold.
(c) Silk and spices.
(d) Slaves and sugar.
15. What happened to the young sons of the defeated Mongols?
(a) They were freed.
(b) They were castrated.
(c) They were imprisoned.
(d) They were killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Chinese building methods made the building of the treasure ship possible?
2. What gift was Zhu Di fascinated with, according to "Chapter 6, The Strange Kingdoms of Malacca and Ceylon"?
3. What caused the sea to rise quickly?
4. Who described the existence of ships similar to those of the early Chinese seafarer in South America?
5. What special feature did the Emperor's fleet include, according to "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet"?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)