|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How big was the treasure ship?
(a) 200 ft by 160 ft.
(b) 400 ft by 60 ft.
(c) 300 ft by 160 ft.
(d) 400ft by 160 ft.
2. When was the first unified Chines empire created?
(a) 121 B.C.
(b) 321 B.C.
(c) 521 B.C.
(d) 221 B.C.
3. What emperor understood the profitable results of trade and commerce?
(a) Zhu Wen.
(b) Goa Wen.
(c) Ayak do.
(d) Goa Zong.
4. What did the treasure fleet discover in Java?
(a) Numerous shipwrecks.
(b) Gold mines.
(c) Colonies of trade merchants.
(d) Primitive villages.
5. Who described the existence of ships similar to those of the early Chinese seafarer in South America?
(a) American missionaries.
(b) Spanish explorers.
(c) Native Americans.
(d) Portuguese explorers.
6. What shape were the sails of the treasure ship ?
7. Who controlled the trade in the Indian Ocean in the 12th century?
(a) Persians and Arabs.
(b) The British.
(c) The Chinese.
(d) The Japanese.
8. What city did Marco Polo say was "greater than any city"?
(d) Wen Mibng.
9. How many sons did Zhu Yuanzhang father?
10. Who forced the first historic kingdom from the inland to the shores?
(a) The Tartars.
(b) The Mongols.
(c) The Zhou.
(d) The Ming.
11. Who was commanding the pirates that the treasure fleet defeated?
(a) Ya Kang.
(b) Chen Zuyi.
(c) Yhu Tang.
(d) Chen Wan.
12. What instrument was used by the treasure fleet to determine their latitude?
(a) A wantanzi.
(b) A quinoyi.
(c) A quianxingban.
(d) A tiwini.
13. How many ships were part of the second voyage of the treasure fleet?
14. What was the west coast of India known for?
(a) Slaves and sugar.
(b) Silk and spices.
(c) Rum and gold.
(d) Spices and wood.
15. What regions were in economic peril because of Zhu Yuanzhang's retreat from trade?
(a) Inland China.
(b) Indonesia and the Malay Peninsula.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the warships escorting the treasure fleet first engage pirates?
2. Where did the fleet first stop on its way to India?
3. Who were the descendants of the Chinese seafaring people?
4. How long did the first historic Chinese kingdom last?
5. When did Zhu Di claim the throne of China?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)