|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the third voyage of the treasure fleet start, according to "Chapter 6, The Strange Kingdoms of Malacca and Ceylon"?
(a) Fall of 1409.
(b) Fall of 1419.
(c) Spring of 1409.
(d) Summer of 1409.
2. What was Zhu Yuanzhang's distinction during the fight against the Mongols?
(a) Riding a dragon.
(b) Not killing civilians.
(c) Killing women.
(d) Participating in the battle.
3. What color were the sails of the treasure ship?
4. What was a flying tiger in the 13th century?
(a) A canon.
(b) A kite.
(c) A Chinese warship.
(d) A firework.
5. What did the treasure fleet discover in Java?
(a) Gold mines.
(b) Numerous shipwrecks.
(c) Colonies of trade merchants.
(d) Primitive villages.
6. Why did the Emperor order the construction of the treasure ship?
(a) To show the Empire's craftsmanship.
(b) To bring orders for large ships to Chineses shipyards.
(c) To show the world the strength of the Empire.
(d) To bring riches to the Empire.
7. When did Zhu Yuanzhang die?
8. Why did the treasure fleet wait several months at the first stop?
(a) It was waiting for silk to be produced.
(b) It was waiting for the monsoon to end.
(c) The commander was sick.
(d) It was waiting for supplies to arrive.
9. What was China's main reason for nurturing good relations with Malacca?
(a) Malacca's reserves in gold.
(b) Malacca's repair facilities.
(c) Bring stability to the region.
(d) Malacca's sulfur mines.
10. What did the requirements for the building of the Emperor's fleet strain?
(a) The Chinese gold reserves.
(b) The relationship between Japan and China.
(c) The general population.
(d) The Chinese wood supply.
11. Where did the warships escorting the treasure fleet first engage pirates?
(a) The Persian Sea.
(b) The Yellow Sea.
(c) The Strait of Malacca.
(d) The Indian Ocean.
12. What kingdom was established around 1500 B.C.?
(a) The Shang.
(b) The Ming Dynasty.
(c) The Swang Kingdom.
(d) The Tang Empire.
13. What resources came to China from Burma in the 7th Century?
(d) Black pepper.
14. How long did the first historic Chinese kingdom last?
(a) 500 years.
(b) 200 years.
(c) 700 years.
(d) 300 years.
15. What city was believed to be the greatest one in the 7th Century A.D.?
(d) Zhu Towan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dynasty made Confucianism the basis of the Chinese moral code?
2. Who took power over the Chinese Empire in 1279?
3. What ship building tool did the Chinese develop in the 10th century?
4. Who was commanding the pirates that the treasure fleet defeated?
5. What happened to Zhu Di's mother?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)