|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who forced Parameswara to exile himself to Malacca?
(b) Zhu Yi.
2. Where did the warships escorting the treasure fleet first engage pirates?
(a) The Persian Sea.
(b) The Indian Ocean.
(c) The Yellow Sea.
(d) The Strait of Malacca.
3. What instrument was used by the treasure fleet to determine their latitude?
(a) A tiwini.
(b) A quianxingban.
(c) A quinoyi.
(d) A wantanzi.
4. What does archeological evidence indicate about the Yi people?
(a) They used tar.
(b) They sacrificed women.
(c) They traveled as far as New Guinea and Australia.
(d) They didn't know bronze.
5. How many sons did Zhu Yuanzhang father?
6. What city did Marco Polo say was "greater than any city"?
(a) Wen Mibng.
7. What regions were in economic peril because of Zhu Yuanzhang's retreat from trade?
(c) Inland China.
(d) Indonesia and the Malay Peninsula.
8. What kingdom was established around 1500 B.C.?
(a) The Swang Kingdom.
(b) The Ming Dynasty.
(c) The Tang Empire.
(d) The Shang.
9. What city was believed to be the greatest one in the 7th Century A.D.?
(d) Zhu Towan.
10. How many oceangoing ships did the Emperor order other provinces to build?
11. How large of an army did the Chinese have when they took the provincial seat at Kunming?
12. When did the treasure fleet return from its third voyage?
13. When was the first unified Chines empire created?
(a) 221 B.C.
(b) 321 B.C.
(c) 121 B.C.
(d) 521 B.C.
14. When was the second voyage of the treasure fleet planned for?
15. Who took power over the Chinese Empire in 1279?
(a) Zhu Yi.
(b) Khubilai Khan.
(d) Khan Noonien Singh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the treasure fleet wait several months at the first stop?
2. How many ships were part of the second voyage of the treasure fleet?
3. What dynasty made Confucianism the basis of the Chinese moral code?
4. Why did the Emperor order the construction of the treasure ship?
5. What did Confucius say about contact with foreigners?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)