|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the mission of the representatives sent to China after the return of the treasure fleet?
(a) To kill the Emperor.
(b) To buy Chinese boats.
(c) To spy on the Chinese.
(d) Honor and pay tribute to Zhu Di.
2. How did Confucius refer to China?
(a) The Middle Kingdom.
(b) The Never Ending Kingdom.
(c) The Greatest Empire.
(d) The Rising Sun Empire.
3. Where did the Yi forefathers migrate from?
(a) Lowlands of China.
(c) The Mongol Empire.
(d) Highlands of central China.
4. What emperor understood the profitable results of trade and commerce?
(a) Goa Zong.
(b) Zhu Wen.
(c) Ayak do.
(d) Goa Wen.
5. What type of trade developed in the 7th and 8th Century?
(a) Horse trade.
(b) Silk trade.
(c) Coal trade.
(d) Human trade.
6. Where did the warships escorting the treasure fleet first engage pirates?
(a) The Strait of Malacca.
(b) The Persian Sea.
(c) The Indian Ocean.
(d) The Yellow Sea.
7. Who ruled the Western ports of India when the treasure fleet arrived?
(a) The Tizamo.
(b) The Nerus.
(c) The Ishama.
(d) The Zamorin.
8. Who described the existence of ships similar to those of the early Chinese seafarer in South America?
(a) Portuguese explorers.
(b) Native Americans.
(c) American missionaries.
(d) Spanish explorers.
9. Whom was Zhu Di the son of?
(a) A Persian prisoner.
(b) A Mongol.
(c) Zhu Yuanzhang.
(d) A consort.
10. How large of an army did the Chinese have when they took the provincial seat at Kunming?
11. What was China's main reason for nurturing good relations with Malacca?
(a) Bring stability to the region.
(b) Malacca's sulfur mines.
(c) Malacca's repair facilities.
(d) Malacca's reserves in gold.
12. What did the treasure fleet use to determine its direction?
(a) The sun.
(b) A water compass.
(c) The moon.
(d) The wind direction.
13. What instrument was used by the treasure fleet to determine their latitude?
(a) A wantanzi.
(b) A tiwini.
(c) A quianxingban.
(d) A quinoyi.
14. What did the first boat people cross, according to "Chapter 1, The Yi Peoples"?
(a) The water between China and Taiwan.
(b) The water between Java and Sulawesi.
(c) The Yangtze.
(d) The Yellow River.
15. What did Zhu Di appoint Zheng He do, according to "Chapter 5, Destination: Calicut"?
(a) Doctor of the fleet.
(b) Prime political negotiator.
(c) Commander of the treasure fleet.
(d) Second in command.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift was Zhu Di fascinated with, according to "Chapter 6, The Strange Kingdoms of Malacca and Ceylon"?
2. What special feature did the Emperor's fleet include, according to "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet"?
3. How many oceangoing ships did the Emperor order other provinces to build?
4. What did the treasure fleet discover in Java?
5. Who was in command of the third voyage of the treasure fleet?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)