Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Emperor extend the number of oceangoing ships without building new ones?
(a) He refurbished existing ships.
(b) He captured Japanese ships.
(c) He bought Indian ships.
(d) He asked for donations from other kingdoms.
2. What did the requirements for the building of the Emperor's fleet strain?
(a) The general population.
(b) The Chinese wood supply.
(c) The Chinese gold reserves.
(d) The relationship between Japan and China.
3. How did Confucius refer to China?
(a) The Greatest Empire.
(b) The Never Ending Kingdom.
(c) The Middle Kingdom.
(d) The Rising Sun Empire.
4. When did Confucius live, according to "Chapter 2, Confucians and Curiosities"?
(a) 6th century.
(b) 5th century.
(c) 7th century.
(d) 3th century.
5. What type of trade developed in the 7th and 8th Century?
(a) Silk trade.
(b) Coal trade.
(c) Horse trade.
(d) Human trade.
6. What dynasty was established in 618 A.D.?
(a) The Yi dynasty.
(b) The Ming dynasty.
(c) The Tang dynasty.
(d) The Wang dynasty.
7. What did Zhu Yuanzhang become after the victory over the Mongols?
(a) Head of the eunuchs of the Emperor.
(b) Second emperor of the Ming Dynasty.
(c) Head of the Chinese army.
(d) First Emperor of the Ming Dynasty.
8. Where did the Yi forefathers migrate from?
(a) The Mongol Empire.
(b) Lowlands of China.
(c) Highlands of central China.
9. Whom did Zhu Yunwen allow to return to Zhu Di?
(a) Zhu Di's wife.
(b) 25 of Zhu Di's concubines.
(c) Zhu Di's three remaining sons.
(d) 2,000 of Zhu Di's soldiers.
10. What was the mission of the representatives sent to China after the return of the treasure fleet?
(a) To buy Chinese boats.
(b) To kill the Emperor.
(c) To spy on the Chinese.
(d) Honor and pay tribute to Zhu Di.
11. Who does "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet" say were used in command position?
12. When did Zhu Yuanzhang die?
13. What resources came to China from Burma in the 7th Century?
(d) Black pepper.
14. Where was the treasure fleet launched from?
(a) The Yellow Sea.
(d) The Yangzi.
15. When did Zhu Di claim the throne of China?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the young sons of the defeated Mongols?
2. What did Zhu Di appoint Zheng He do, according to "Chapter 5, Destination: Calicut"?
3. Who was commanding the pirates that the treasure fleet defeated?
4. Whom was Zhu Di the son of?
5. What country did the Mongols invade in 1274?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)