|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took power over the Chinese Empire in 1279?
(a) Khan Noonien Singh.
(b) Khubilai Khan.
(c) Zhu Yi.
2. How large of an army did the Chinese have when they took the provincial seat at Kunming?
3. Who ruled the Western ports of India when the treasure fleet arrived?
(a) The Zamorin.
(b) The Tizamo.
(c) The Ishama.
(d) The Nerus.
4. What did Confucius' teaching do to those who made their living from the sea?
(a) Turned them into second class citizens.
(b) Made them enemies of the Empire.
(c) Made them abandon their craft.
(d) Made them leave China.
5. What appeared during the building of the fleet?
(a) Steel rivet construction method.
(b) British envoys.
(c) Mongol soldiers.
6. What was the west coast of India known for?
(a) Spices and wood.
(b) Silk and spices.
(c) Rum and gold.
(d) Slaves and sugar.
7. When were the Yi able to migrate to Alaska and North America?
(a) At the start of the Ming Dynasty.
(b) After developing the first sail boat.
(c) During the last Ice Age.
(d) In 1207 B.C.
8. What dynasty was established in 618 A.D.?
(a) The Wang dynasty.
(b) The Ming dynasty.
(c) The Tang dynasty.
(d) The Yi dynasty.
9. What does archeological evidence indicate about the Yi people?
(a) They didn't know bronze.
(b) They used tar.
(c) They traveled as far as New Guinea and Australia.
(d) They sacrificed women.
10. What city was believed to be the greatest one in the 7th Century A.D.?
(a) Zhu Towan.
11. When did the third voyage of the treasure fleet start, according to "Chapter 6, The Strange Kingdoms of Malacca and Ceylon"?
(a) Fall of 1419.
(b) Fall of 1409.
(c) Summer of 1409.
(d) Spring of 1409.
12. How big was the treasure ship?
(a) 200 ft by 160 ft.
(b) 400ft by 160 ft.
(c) 300 ft by 160 ft.
(d) 400 ft by 60 ft.
13. What resources came to China from Burma in the 7th Century?
(c) Black pepper.
14. Whom did Zhu Yunwen allow to return to Zhu Di?
(a) 2,000 of Zhu Di's soldiers.
(b) Zhu Di's three remaining sons.
(c) 25 of Zhu Di's concubines.
(d) Zhu Di's wife.
15. What kingdom was established around 1500 B.C.?
(a) The Swang Kingdom.
(b) The Shang.
(c) The Ming Dynasty.
(d) The Tang Empire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the entire Empire forced to take part in the building of the Emperor's fleet?
2. Why was Zheng He's appointment unique?
3. What instrument was used by the treasure fleet to mark the passage of time?
4. Who forced Parameswara to exile himself to Malacca?
5. What shape were the sails of the treasure ship ?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)