|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the west coast of India known for?
(a) Rum and gold.
(b) Silk and spices.
(c) Spices and wood.
(d) Slaves and sugar.
2. Where was the treasure fleet launched from?
(a) The Yellow Sea.
(d) The Yangzi.
3. When did Zhu Yuanzhang die?
4. How were the Confucian principals taught to Zhu's sons?
(a) Through stories of war.
(b) Through horror stories.
(c) Though religious books.
(d) Through stories of sacrifice and loyalty.
5. Whom was Zhu Di the son of?
(a) A Persian prisoner.
(b) A Mongol.
(c) A consort.
(d) Zhu Yuanzhang.
6. Who destroyed the pagoda Zhu Di built in honor of his mother?
(a) The Taiping Rebellion.
(b) Zhu Di's son.
(c) The Tartars.
(d) The Mongols.
7. Why did Zhu Yuanzhang forbid his sons from attending his funeral?
(a) He wanted them to pray for him at the temple.
(b) He didn't want his concubines to be stolen.
(c) He feared they would fight to gain power.
(d) He didn't want his tomb looted.
8. Where did the warships escorting the treasure fleet first engage pirates?
(a) The Indian Ocean.
(b) The Persian Sea.
(c) The Yellow Sea.
(d) The Strait of Malacca.
9. Where did the Yi forefathers migrate from?
(a) Lowlands of China.
(b) The Mongol Empire.
(d) Highlands of central China.
10. Where was Parameswara driven out from?
11. Who controlled the trade in the Indian Ocean in the 12th century?
(a) The Chinese.
(b) The British.
(c) The Japanese.
(d) Persians and Arabs.
12. When was the first unified Chines empire created?
(a) 221 B.C.
(b) 321 B.C.
(c) 121 B.C.
(d) 521 B.C.
13. What did the requirements for the building of the Emperor's fleet strain?
(a) The general population.
(b) The Chinese gold reserves.
(c) The relationship between Japan and China.
(d) The Chinese wood supply.
14. What did the treasure fleet discover in Java?
(a) Primitive villages.
(b) Numerous shipwrecks.
(c) Gold mines.
(d) Colonies of trade merchants.
15. When did the Emperor order the Fujian province to produce oceangoing ships, according to "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What emperor understood the profitable results of trade and commerce?
2. When did Confucius live, according to "Chapter 2, Confucians and Curiosities"?
3. What gift was Zhu Di fascinated with, according to "Chapter 6, The Strange Kingdoms of Malacca and Ceylon"?
4. How large of an army did the Chinese have when they took the provincial seat at Kunming?
5. Who ruled the Western ports of India when the treasure fleet arrived?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)