1. When did the Yi people start the Chinese seafaring tradition, according to "Chapter 1, The Yi Peoples"?
2. Why did the Yi turn to the sea for their subsistence?
They didn't have land to cultivate.
3. Where did the Yi forefathers migrate from?
Highlands of central China.
4. What did the first boat people cross, according to "Chapter 1, The Yi Peoples"?
The water between Java and Sulawesi.
5. What does archeological evidence indicate about the Yi people?
They traveled as far as New Guinea and Australia.
6. When were the Yi able to migrate to Alaska and North America?
During the last Ice Age.
This section contains 3,775 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)