|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, A People Called Baijini.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Zhu Zhanji related to Zhu Di, according to "Chapter 10, The Last Voyage"?
(a) He was his nephew.
(b) He was his son.
(c) He was his grandson.
(d) He was his brother.
2. What was Zhu Yuanzhang's distinction during the fight against the Mongols?
(a) Killing women.
(b) Riding a dragon.
(c) Participating in the battle.
(d) Not killing civilians.
3. When was the largest of the treasure fleet expeditions ordered, according to "Chapter 8, The Auspicious Appearance of the Celestial Animals"?
4. What did Zheng become for the expatriate Chinese?
(a) A patron saint.
(b) An object of ridicule.
(c) A god.
(d) A shame.
5. Why did the northern and eastern Mongols accept to make peace with Zhu Di?
(a) They could not pass the great wall.
(b) They needed supplies to survive.
(c) They saw the profit in it.
(d) They feared his army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many troops did China engage against the Mongols under Zhu Qizhen's rule?
2. What instrument was used by the treasure fleet to mark the passage of time?
3. What gift was Zhu Di fascinated with, according to "Chapter 6, The Strange Kingdoms of Malacca and Ceylon"?
4. What led to the slaying of a large number of eunuchs and concubines?
5. How long was the mourning period following Zhu Di's death?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)