|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, A People Called Baijini.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What house led the Chinese army that defeated the Mongols in 1382?
(a) The Wi.
(b) The Tangs.
(c) The Wangs.
(d) The Mings.
2. When did the Shogun that sent the envoys to China die?
3. What did the treasure fleet discover in Java?
(a) Gold mines.
(b) Primitive villages.
(c) Colonies of trade merchants.
(d) Numerous shipwrecks.
4. What gift was Zhu Di fascinated with, according to "Chapter 6, The Strange Kingdoms of Malacca and Ceylon"?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) A rudimentary magnifying glass.
(c) A white woman.
(d) A lion.
5. What happened to the maidens that were sent with Hang Libo?
(a) They married and had children.
(b) They were executed.
(c) They were given as concubines.
(d) The were imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Yi forefathers migrate from?
2. When did the treasure fleet return from its 7th voyage?
3. How many factions were fighting for the control of Ceylon?
4. What were Hang Libo and her maidens credited with in the legend?
5. What regions were in economic peril because of Zhu Yuanzhang's retreat from trade?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)