|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Auspicious Appearance of the Celestial Animals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ships were part of the second voyage of the treasure fleet?
2. What resources came to China from Persia in the 7th Century?
3. How did Khubilai Khan lose part of his army during the invasion of Burma?
(a) The plague.
4. What caused the sea to rise quickly?
(a) Volcanic activity.
(c) A large earthquake.
(d) The ice melting.
5. What Chinese building methods made the building of the treasure ship possible?
(a) Steel reinforcement.
(b) Watertight bulwark and balanced rudders.
(c) Use of silk sails.
(d) Use of tar to waterproof the hull.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the treasure fleet wait several months at the first stop?
2. What dynasty was Zhu Di part of ?
3. What city did Marco Polo say was "greater than any city"?
4. When was the largest of the treasure fleet expeditions ordered, according to "Chapter 8, The Auspicious Appearance of the Celestial Animals"?
5. What special feature did the Emperor's fleet include, according to "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet"?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)