|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Auspicious Appearance of the Celestial Animals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Yi turn to the sea for their subsistence?
(a) They knew how to make boats.
(b) The ground was too frozen to cultivate.
(c) They didn't have land to cultivate.
(d) They liked fish.
2. What happened to Zhu Di's mother?
(a) She was fed to the dogs.
(b) She escaped to Japan.
(c) She was sentenced to life in prison.
(d) She was imprisoned in an iron skirt and died of cold outside.
3. How many ships were part of the second voyage of the treasure fleet?
4. When did the largest treasure fleet return to China?
5. What special feature did the Emperor's fleet include, according to "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet"?
(a) Greenhouse ships.
(b) Water tankers.
(c) Pleasure ships.
(d) Fishing ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who forced Parameswara to exile himself to Malacca?
2. Why did the northern and eastern Mongols accept to make peace with Zhu Di?
3. Where did the warships escorting the treasure fleet first engage pirates?
4. What appeared during the building of the fleet?
5. What kingdom was established around 1500 B.C.?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)