|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Auspicious Appearance of the Celestial Animals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the duties of the medical officers on the Emperor's ships?
(a) Prevent scurvy.
(b) Take care of the women on board.
(c) Collect medicinal herbs from other countries.
(d) Look after the water supply.
2. Where did the warships escorting the treasure fleet first engage pirates?
(a) The Indian Ocean.
(b) The Yellow Sea.
(c) The Strait of Malacca.
(d) The Persian Sea.
3. What did Confucius say about contact with foreigners?
(a) They were profitable.
(b) Nothing could be gained from them.
(c) They were necessary.
(d) They were evil.
4. When was the second voyage of the treasure fleet planned for?
5. How long did the first historic Chinese kingdom last?
(a) 300 years.
(b) 500 years.
(c) 200 years.
(d) 700 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of trade developed in the 7th and 8th Century?
2. Why did the Emperor order the construction of the treasure ship?
3. How many oceangoing ships did the Emperor order other provinces to build?
4. Why did the treasure fleet wait several months at the first stop?
5. What instrument was used by the treasure fleet to determine their latitude?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)