|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Strange Kingdoms of Malacca and Ceylon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appeared during the building of the fleet?
(a) British envoys.
(b) Mongol soldiers.
(d) Steel rivet construction method.
2. Why was Parameswara having problems when the treasure fleet came to his kingdom?
(a) His army was rebelling.
(b) He challenged Siamese authority.
(c) His army suffered from malaria.
(d) His fleet lost a major battle against pirates.
3. What Chinese building methods made the building of the treasure ship possible?
(a) Watertight bulwark and balanced rudders.
(b) Use of silk sails.
(c) Steel reinforcement.
(d) Use of tar to waterproof the hull.
4. How large of an army did the Chinese have when they took the provincial seat at Kunming?
5. What was the west coast of India known for?
(a) Rum and gold.
(b) Silk and spices.
(c) Spices and wood.
(d) Slaves and sugar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the ships built for the south seas sport a pointed hull?
2. How many ships were part of the second voyage of the treasure fleet?
3. What compromised Chinese trade interests in the 3rd century A.D?
4. What emperor understood the profitable results of trade and commerce?
5. What country did the Mongols invade in 1274?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)