|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Strange Kingdoms of Malacca and Ceylon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ships were part of the second voyage of the treasure fleet?
2. Why was Parameswara having problems when the treasure fleet came to his kingdom?
(a) His army suffered from malaria.
(b) His army was rebelling.
(c) He challenged Siamese authority.
(d) His fleet lost a major battle against pirates.
3. When were the Yi able to migrate to Alaska and North America?
(a) At the start of the Ming Dynasty.
(b) During the last Ice Age.
(c) In 1207 B.C.
(d) After developing the first sail boat.
4. What kingdom was established around 1500 B.C.?
(a) The Shang.
(b) The Ming Dynasty.
(c) The Tang Empire.
(d) The Swang Kingdom.
5. What was the mission of the representatives sent to China after the return of the treasure fleet?
(a) To kill the Emperor.
(b) Honor and pay tribute to Zhu Di.
(c) To buy Chinese boats.
(d) To spy on the Chinese.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Yi turn to the sea for their subsistence?
2. Whom was Zhu Di the son of?
3. What goddess did the crew of the treasure fleet pray to before they left?
4. Where did the treasure fleet go before stopping at Ceylon during its third voyage?
5. Where was the treasure fleet to sail on its third voyage?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)