|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Strange Kingdoms of Malacca and Ceylon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of his army did Khubilai Khan lose during the invasion of Burma, according to "Chapter 3, The Prisoner and the Prince"?
2. What was Alakeswara the commander of?
(a) The strongest faction fighting for the control of Ceylon.
(b) The weakest faction fighting for the control of Ceylon.
(c) The interpreter brought by the Chinese.
(d) The Chinese land army.
3. Where was the treasure fleet launched from?
(a) The Yellow Sea.
(d) The Yangzi.
4. Who was in command of the third voyage of the treasure fleet?
(a) Zhu Zi.
(b) Tang Wi.
(c) Zheng He.
(d) Wang Tan.
5. What was Malacca's survival dependent on?
(a) Being allied with China.
(b) A strong army.
(c) A strong navy.
(d) Aggressive trade policies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the warships escorting the treasure fleet first engage pirates?
2. What kingdom was established around 1500 B.C.?
3. When was the first unified Chines empire created?
4. What appeared during the building of the fleet?
5. Where was Parameswara driven out from?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)