|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Destination: Calicut.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the inhabitants of central China decide to leave the area?
(a) The Yangzi River was iced over.
(b) The Mongols invaded.
(c) The Yellow River overflowed.
(d) The cattle died of poisoning.
2. When was the first unified Chines empire created?
(a) 121 B.C.
(b) 221 B.C.
(c) 321 B.C.
(d) 521 B.C.
3. What instrument was used by the treasure fleet to determine their latitude?
(a) A quianxingban.
(b) A quinoyi.
(c) A tiwini.
(d) A wantanzi.
4. What happened to Zhu Di's mother?
(a) She was sentenced to life in prison.
(b) She escaped to Japan.
(c) She was imprisoned in an iron skirt and died of cold outside.
(d) She was fed to the dogs.
5. Who were the descendants of the Chinese seafaring people?
(b) Seafaring people of Indonesia and Polynesia.
(c) The Hawaiian people.
(d) The British.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Emperor order the Fujian province to produce oceangoing ships, according to "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet"?
2. What happened to the young sons of the defeated Mongols?
3. Who controlled the trade in the Indian Ocean in the 12th century?
4. What did the crew of the treasure fleet think was causing typhoons?
5. When was the second voyage of the treasure fleet planned for?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)