|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Destination: Calicut.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the treasure fleet launched from?
(a) The Yangzi.
(b) The Yellow Sea.
2. What was the west coast of India known for?
(a) Slaves and sugar.
(b) Spices and wood.
(c) Silk and spices.
(d) Rum and gold.
3. How did the Emperor extend the number of oceangoing ships without building new ones?
(a) He asked for donations from other kingdoms.
(b) He bought Indian ships.
(c) He refurbished existing ships.
(d) He captured Japanese ships.
4. What resources came to China from Persia in the 7th Century?
5. How big was the treasure ship?
(a) 200 ft by 160 ft.
(b) 400 ft by 60 ft.
(c) 400ft by 160 ft.
(d) 300 ft by 160 ft.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year were Khubilai Khan's forces defeated by the Chinese?
2. When did Confucius live, according to "Chapter 2, Confucians and Curiosities"?
3. Why was Zheng He's appointment unique?
4. Who ruled the Western ports of India when the treasure fleet arrived?
5. Who described the existence of ships similar to those of the early Chinese seafarer in South America?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)