|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Destination: Calicut.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the eunuchs castrated before puberty called?
(a) Little women.
(c) Pure from childhood.
2. Who forced the first historic kingdom from the inland to the shores?
(a) The Ming.
(b) The Zhou.
(c) The Tartars.
(d) The Mongols.
3. In what year were Khubilai Khan's forces defeated by the Chinese?
4. What ship building tool did the Chinese develop in the 10th century?
(b) The hammer.
(d) Dry docks.
5. How did the Emperor extend the number of oceangoing ships without building new ones?
(a) He captured Japanese ships.
(b) He bought Indian ships.
(c) He refurbished existing ships.
(d) He asked for donations from other kingdoms.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Emperor order the Fujian province to produce oceangoing ships, according to "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet"?
2. What city did Marco Polo say was "greater than any city"?
3. Who ruled the Western ports of India when the treasure fleet arrived?
4. What special feature did the Emperor's fleet include, according to "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet"?
5. When did the Yi people start the Chinese seafaring tradition, according to "Chapter 1, The Yi Peoples"?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)