|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Destination: Calicut.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the entire Empire forced to take part in the building of the Emperor's fleet?
(a) A large amount of wood was needed.
(b) A large number of sailors was needed.
(c) A large amount of coal was needed.
(d) A large amount of builders were needed.
2. What regions were in economic peril because of Zhu Yuanzhang's retreat from trade?
(c) Indonesia and the Malay Peninsula.
(d) Inland China.
3. When did the Yi people start the Chinese seafaring tradition, according to "Chapter 1, The Yi Peoples"?
(a) 1000 B.C.
(b) 2000 B.C.
(c) 4000 B.C.
(d) 3000 B.C.
4. What happened to Zhu Di's mother?
(a) She was fed to the dogs.
(b) She was imprisoned in an iron skirt and died of cold outside.
(c) She was sentenced to life in prison.
(d) She escaped to Japan.
5. What shape were the sails of the treasure ship ?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ruled the Western ports of India when the treasure fleet arrived?
2. What was Zhu Yuanzhang's distinction during the fight against the Mongols?
3. Whom was Zhu Di the son of?
4. How many ships were part of the second voyage of the treasure fleet?
5. Why did the Yi turn to the sea for their subsistence?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)