|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Confucians and Curiosities.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were the Yi able to migrate to Alaska and North America?
(a) In 1207 B.C.
(b) During the last Ice Age.
(c) At the start of the Ming Dynasty.
(d) After developing the first sail boat.
2. What compromised Chinese trade interests in the 3rd century A.D?
(a) The rise of Japanese piracy.
(b) The fall of available wood to build chips.
(c) The fall of the Han Dynasty.
(d) The rise of the British Navy.
3. What did the first boat people cross, according to "Chapter 1, The Yi Peoples"?
(a) The Yellow River.
(b) The water between Java and Sulawesi.
(c) The Yangtze.
(d) The water between China and Taiwan.
4. What dynasty was established in 618 A.D.?
(a) The Ming dynasty.
(b) The Yi dynasty.
(c) The Tang dynasty.
(d) The Wang dynasty.
5. What caused the sea to rise quickly?
(a) A large earthquake.
(c) The ice melting.
(d) Volcanic activity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What resources came to China from Persia in the 7th Century?
2. What does archeological evidence indicate about the Yi people?
3. What emperor understood the profitable results of trade and commerce?
4. During what period did the southern Asian migrate to Taiwan, the Philippines, and Fiji?
5. What type of trade developed in the 7th and 8th Century?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)