|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Confucians and Curiosities.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Yi forefathers migrate from?
(a) Lowlands of China.
(c) Highlands of central China.
(d) The Mongol Empire.
2. When were the Yi able to migrate to Alaska and North America?
(a) During the last Ice Age.
(b) In 1207 B.C.
(c) After developing the first sail boat.
(d) At the start of the Ming Dynasty.
3. When did the Song Dynasty rule China?
(a) 960-1379 A.D.
(b) 960-1879 A.D.
(c) 760-1279 A.D.
(d) 960-1279 A.D.
4. What modern types of vessels were the early Chinese seafarers using similar to?
(a) Tub boats.
(b) Sailing rafts.
(d) Cruise ships.
5. During what period did the southern Asian migrate to Taiwan, the Philippines, and Fiji?
(a) 9000 B.C. to 1300 B.C.
(b) 5000 B.C. to 1300 B.C.
(c) 9000 B.C. to 7300 B.C.
(d) 9000 B.C. to 130 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dynasty made Confucianism the basis of the Chinese moral code?
2. Who controlled the trade in the Indian Ocean in the 12th century?
3. What city was believed to be the greatest one in the 7th Century A.D.?
4. What was a flying tiger in the 13th century?
5. What dynasty was established in 618 A.D.?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)