|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Confucius' teaching do to those who made their living from the sea?
(a) Turned them into second class citizens.
(b) Made them abandon their craft.
(c) Made them leave China.
(d) Made them enemies of the Empire.
2. How did Confucius refer to China?
(a) The Greatest Empire.
(b) The Middle Kingdom.
(c) The Never Ending Kingdom.
(d) The Rising Sun Empire.
3. Why was the entire Empire forced to take part in the building of the Emperor's fleet?
(a) A large amount of builders were needed.
(b) A large amount of coal was needed.
(c) A large number of sailors was needed.
(d) A large amount of wood was needed.
4. What special feature did the Emperor's fleet include, according to "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet"?
(a) Water tankers.
(b) Pleasure ships.
(c) Fishing ships.
(d) Greenhouse ships.
5. When did the Song Dynasty rule China?
(a) 960-1879 A.D.
(b) 960-1279 A.D.
(c) 760-1279 A.D.
(d) 960-1379 A.D.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kingdom was established around 1500 B.C.?
2. What color were the sails of the treasure ship?
3. What resources came to China from Burma in the 7th Century?
4. How big was the treasure ship?
5. What type of trade developed in the 7th and 8th Century?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)