|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emperor understood the profitable results of trade and commerce?
(a) Ayak do.
(b) Goa Zong.
(c) Zhu Wen.
(d) Goa Wen.
2. What were the Indonesians trying to escape from during the first and second millennium B.C.?
(a) War with the Micronesians.
(b) Invading Spanish settlers.
(c) The volcanoes of the region.
(d) The lack of fresh water.
3. Who controlled the trade in the Indian Ocean in the 12th century?
(a) Persians and Arabs.
(b) The British.
(c) The Chinese.
(d) The Japanese.
4. What country did the Mongols invade in 1274?
(a) The Phillipines.
5. Why did the inhabitants of central China decide to leave the area?
(a) The Mongols invaded.
(b) The Yangzi River was iced over.
(c) The cattle died of poisoning.
(d) The Yellow River overflowed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were the sails of the treasure ship?
2. What city was believed to be the greatest one in the 7th Century A.D.?
3. Whom was Zhu Di the son of?
4. Where did the Yi forefathers migrate from?
5. Who does "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet" say were used in command position?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)