|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dynasty made Confucianism the basis of the Chinese moral code?
(a) The Ming Dynasty.
(b) The Han Dynasty.
(c) The Wangzu Dynasty.
(d) The Tang Dynasty.
2. When was the first unified Chines empire created?
(a) 521 B.C.
(b) 221 B.C.
(c) 321 B.C.
(d) 121 B.C.
3. Why was the entire Empire forced to take part in the building of the Emperor's fleet?
(a) A large number of sailors was needed.
(b) A large amount of builders were needed.
(c) A large amount of coal was needed.
(d) A large amount of wood was needed.
4. What country did the Mongols invade in 1274?
(c) The Phillipines.
5. What did the requirements for the building of the Emperor's fleet strain?
(a) The Chinese gold reserves.
(b) The relationship between Japan and China.
(c) The general population.
(d) The Chinese wood supply.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what countries were artifacts similar to those of the first historical kingdom found?
2. Why did the ships built for the south seas sport a pointed hull?
3. What did Zhu Yuanzhang become after the victory over the Mongols?
4. When did Zhu Di claim the throne of China?
5. What happened to Zhu Di's mother?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)