|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Emissaries of the Dragon Throne.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city was believed to be the greatest one in the 7th Century A.D.?
(d) Zhu Towan.
2. What was Malacca's survival dependent on?
(a) Aggressive trade policies.
(b) A strong army.
(c) Being allied with China.
(d) A strong navy.
3. What color were the sails of the treasure ship?
4. Why did the Emperor order the construction of the treasure ship?
(a) To bring riches to the Empire.
(b) To show the Empire's craftsmanship.
(c) To show the world the strength of the Empire.
(d) To bring orders for large ships to Chineses shipyards.
5. Where did the treasure fleet go before stopping at Ceylon during its third voyage?
(c) The Philippines.
(d) Sumatra and the Malay Peninsula.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Chinese building methods made the building of the treasure ship possible?
2. How did the Emperor extend the number of oceangoing ships without building new ones?
3. How large of an army did the Chinese have when they took the provincial seat at Kunming?
4. What dynasty was Zhu Di part of ?
5. What compromised Chinese trade interests in the 3rd century A.D?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)