|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Emissaries of the Dragon Throne.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Confucius' teaching do to those who made their living from the sea?
(a) Turned them into second class citizens.
(b) Made them enemies of the Empire.
(c) Made them leave China.
(d) Made them abandon their craft.
2. When did the Emperor order the Fujian province to produce oceangoing ships, according to "Chapter 4, The Treasure Fleet"?
3. How did the Emperor extend the number of oceangoing ships without building new ones?
(a) He captured Japanese ships.
(b) He bought Indian ships.
(c) He refurbished existing ships.
(d) He asked for donations from other kingdoms.
4. What dynasty made Confucianism the basis of the Chinese moral code?
(a) The Han Dynasty.
(b) The Tang Dynasty.
(c) The Wangzu Dynasty.
(d) The Ming Dynasty.
5. How much of his army did Khubilai Khan lose during the invasion of Burma, according to "Chapter 3, The Prisoner and the Prince"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Malacca's survival dependent on?
2. How many factions were fighting for the control of Ceylon?
3. What did the Emperor do to Alakeswara when he was brought before him?
4. What ship building tool did the Chinese develop in the 10th century?
5. Why did the Emperor order the construction of the treasure ship?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)