|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Fires in the Forbidden City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Zhu Di claim the throne of China?
2. Who was in command of the third voyage of the treasure fleet?
(a) Wang Tan.
(b) Zheng He.
(c) Tang Wi.
(d) Zhu Zi.
3. What was Zhu Yuanzhang's distinction during the fight against the Mongols?
(a) Not killing civilians.
(b) Killing women.
(c) Participating in the battle.
(d) Riding a dragon.
4. Who did Zhu Di plan to attack a year after the fire at the Forbidden City?
(c) The Mongols.
(d) The Tartars.
5. What did the Chinese commander of the treasure fleet bring with plans to leave it in a place of honor?
(a) A tri-lingual tablet.
(b) A gold statue of Confucius.
(c) A totem.
(d) A stone temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the third voyage of the treasure fleet start, according to "Chapter 6, The Strange Kingdoms of Malacca and Ceylon"?
2. Why did the treasure fleet enter into conflict with Alakeswara?
3. How old was Zhu Di when he died?
4. What house led the Chinese army that defeated the Mongols in 1382?
5. How much of his army did Khubilai Khan lose during the invasion of Burma, according to "Chapter 3, The Prisoner and the Prince"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)