|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Paul say in Part 2, Section 3, people would think if God spoke to them?
2. In Part 2, Section 2, how often did Emma want to see Paul at her office?
3. After his daughter's birth, how did Paul describe time?
4. In Part 2, Section 3, who went with Paul to his first chemotherapy session?
5. Who wrote the poem at the end of Part 2, Section 3, that Paul quoted?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Paul describe the way that Cady grew?
2. What message did Paul leave for his daughter?
3. When Paul returned to taking full responsibility for his patients in Part 2, Section 2, how did he feel and how long did it take him to get used to the work load?
4. What was M&M?
5. What two responses did Paul ponder as he realized he was moving toward the next recurrence of his cancer or his death?
6. How did Paul feel about his life when he learned he had cancer at the beginning of Part 2, Section 1?
7. How was Paul able to be in the delivery room with Lucy?
8. What was offered Paul if he went to work in Wisconsin?
9. Why did Paul begin reading literature again in Part 2, Section 2?
10. How did Paul alter his physical therapy program once he decided to go back to the operating room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Paul believed that science and faith led to truth. Why did Paul believe that both science and faith were necessary to find meaning in life? How did the two help Paul find meaning in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Paul faced his mortality after his cancer diagnosis. What did he mean by facing his mortality, and how did coming to terms with his mortality help him find meaning in his life and death?
Essay Topic 3
The last section of the book is title "Cease Not till Death." In what ways did Paul not quit living during his illness? Why was it important for him to keep living and hoping until his last breath?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)