|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after returning to surgery did Paul have another CT scan?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Seven months.
2. In Part 2, Section 2, how long after Paul started treatment did he have his first CT scan?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) One month.
(d) Six weeks.
3. In Part 2, Section 2, how often did Emma want to see Paul at her office?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Every other month.
(c) Every Six weeks.
(d) Every Three weeks.
4. What was the first surgery Paul performed when he returned after his cancer diagnosis?
(c) Brain clot surgery.
(d) Temporal lobectomy.
5. In Part 2, Section 4, who came to help Paul and Lucy?
(a) Both sets of parents.
(b) His parents.
(c) Her parents.
(d) His brothers and their wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What side effect did Paul have after he began his medication in Part 2, Section 1?
2. What day of the week did Paul find another new tumor in Part 2, Section 3?
3. Why did Paul have a resident take over during the first surgery he did after his cancer diagnosis?
4. What stage lung cancer did Paul have?
5. What was the name of Paul's oncologist's nurse practitioner in Part 2, Section 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Paul viewed his first CT scan after his treatments in Part 2, Section 2, how did the scan look compared to his previous scan?
2. Where did Paul and Lucy go after speaking with his oncologist for the first time in her office in Part 2, Section 1?
3. What were Paul's oncologist's credentials?
4. What did Paul envision as he held his daughter for the first time?
5. What two responses did Paul ponder as he realized he was moving toward the next recurrence of his cancer or his death?
6. Why did Paul begin reading literature again in Part 2, Section 2?
7. How did Paul alter his physical therapy program once he decided to go back to the operating room?
8. How did Paul describe the way that Cady grew?
9. What message did Paul leave for his daughter?
10. How did Paul feel about his life when he learned he had cancer at the beginning of Part 2, Section 1?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)