|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his daughter's birth, what did Paul see before him?
(a) A blank page.
(d) An empty wasteland.
2. When Paul first returned to his residency in Part 2, Section 2, how many cases did he decide he would do a day?
3. If Paul had an EGFR mutation, how much longer might he live?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three months.
(d) A year.
4. In Part 2, Section 4, when was the last time Paul had been at weight he was at?
(a) Eighth grade.
(b) Sixth grade.
(c) Ninth grade.
(d) Seventh grade.
5. In Part 2, Section 1, what pill did Paul's oncologist say that he might take instead of chemotherapy?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lucy have her first contractions?
2. After Paul began operating again in Part 2, Section 2, how long did it take before he was operating a nearly full load?
3. In Part 2, Section 2, when did Paul and Lucy go to church with Paul's parents?
4. What couldn't Paul do at the beginning of Part 2, Section 4?
5. After Paul's second CT scan in Part 2, Section 2, how long did Emma say that a patient was on Tarceva without a problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message did Paul leave for his daughter?
2. Why didn't Paul attend his graduation?
3. How was Paul able to be in the delivery room with Lucy?
4. How did Paul feel about his life when he learned he had cancer at the beginning of Part 2, Section 1?
5. When Paul returned to taking full responsibility for his patients in Part 2, Section 2, how did he feel and how long did it take him to get used to the work load?
6. What type of chemo did Emma Hayward recommend for Paul?
7. What two responses did Paul ponder as he realized he was moving toward the next recurrence of his cancer or his death?
8. Why did Paul begin reading literature again in Part 2, Section 2?
9. Why did Paul say that doctors don't give patients specific prognoses?
10. What happened during the first operation Paul performed when he returned to the operating room in Part 2, Section 2?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)