|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Paul's early days of med school, his first day, what class did he have before he got to the cadavers?
2. What were the names of Paul's dogs when he was a teenager?
(a) Hunter and Sparky.
(b) Max and Nip.
(c) Kade and Sadie.
(d) Snowy and Brownie.
3. Where did Paul's op-ed "How Long Have I Got Left" get published?
(a) Los Angeles Times.
(b) USA Today.
(c) New York Times.
(d) The Washington Post.
4. In Part 1, Section 3, what did Paul say his father said lobster and steak would look like?
(a) Turkey sandwich.
(b) Ham sandwich.
5. Near what mountains did Paul live when he was a teenager?
(a) Black Mountains.
(b) Cerbat Mountains.
(c) Dragoon Mountains.
(d) Aguila Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 1, Section 2, what master's program did Paul apply for?
2. When Paul considered medical school in Part 1, Section 2, how much study time would it take him to get ready for medical school?
3. When did Verghese meet Paul?
4. Of the twins that Paul watched being born by C-section toward the end of Part 1, Section 2, how long did Baby B live?
5. In Part 1, Section 3, what was the name of Paul's friend from medical school who was hit by a car and died after surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lucy, Paul's girlfriend in Part 1, Section 2, cry when she viewed an EKG while studying at Paul's apartment?
2. What two jobs did Paul apply for during his sophomore summer?
3. What hours did residents work according to Paul in Part 1, Section 3?
4. Who was Shep Nuland?
5. What did Paul's mother fear the most in Arizona?
6. Why does Abraham Verghese say that his foreword should have been an afterward?
7. How did Paul describe his father?
8. How did Paul view language at the beginning of Part 1, Section 2?
9. What did Paul believe setting aside literature would do for him?
10. How did Paul's father inspire him?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)