|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue, what did Paul's weight drop to when he began having chest pain?
(a) 145 pounds.
(b) 135 pounds.
(c) 175 pounds.
(d) 150 pounds.
2. Where did Paul's mother drive to have her children take their PSATs, SATs, and ACTs?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) Las Vegas.
3. What type of tree was outside the office where Verghese met with Paul?
4. What was Paul's mother trained to be?
5. In Part 1, Section 3, how many patients were on a list the outgoing intern gave Paul?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Paul a camp counselor 15 years prior to the time described in the Prologue?
2. Where would Paul camp when his regular room in Part 1, Section 2 were occupied?
3. What is Verghese's specialize in as a physician?
4. Where did Paul stay when he was taking pre-med courses?
5. Of the twins that Paul watched being born by C-section toward the end of Part 1, Section 2, how long did Baby B live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were bodies provided for medical school in the past?
2. What was Paul's educational journey?
3. How would Paul and his friends spends their afternoons in Arizona?
4. Why does Abraham Verghese say that his foreword should have been an afterward?
5. What were some of the things that Paul's mother did in order to see that her children were educated?
6. What two jobs did Paul apply for during his sophomore summer?
7. What hours did residents work according to Paul in Part 1, Section 3?
8. What did Paul believe setting aside literature would do for him?
9. How did Paul feel when he made a trip to New York in the Prologue?
10. What was the intern's role when Paul began his residency in Part 1, Section 3?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)