|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Section 2, how long did Paul study at Cambridge?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Two years.
(c) A year.
(d) 18 months.
2. When did medical school students have to bring their own cadavers to school?
(a) Seventeenth century.
(b) Nineteenth century.
(c) Eighteenth century.
(d) Sixteenth century.
3. In the Prologue, when did Paul say he began losing weight and have back pain?
(a) Six months before.
(b) Nine months before.
(c) Three weeks before.
(d) A year before.
4. In Part 1, Section 3, what was the name of the mother whose child had a large brain tumor?
5. When did Verghese meet Paul?
(a) February 2014.
(b) September 2014.
(c) March 2015.
(d) January 2015.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Paul begin his residency in Part 1, Section 3?
2. How old was Paul when his father moved the family from New York?
3. In Part 1, Section 3, how old was the boy named Matthew who had a tumor abutting his hypothalamus?
4. How old was Paul's first patient who died in Part 1, Section 3?
5. In Part 1, Section 3, what was the mother's occupation whose child had a large brain tumor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wasn't technical excellence enough as Paul treated patients during his residency in Part 1, Section 3?
2. What were some of the things that Paul's mother did in order to see that her children were educated?
3. Why did Lucy, Paul's girlfriend in Part 1, Section 2, cry when she viewed an EKG while studying at Paul's apartment?
4. Why did Paul's father move his family to Arizona?
5. What was Paul's memorial service like?
6. How would Paul and his friends spends their afternoons in Arizona?
7. What did Paul's mother fear the most in Arizona?
8. What was Paul's educational journey?
9. What did the first X-rays Paul had reveal and what did the doctor think his issues were?
10. What did Paul believe setting aside literature would do for him?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)