|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Paul first returned to his residency in Part 2, Section 2, how many cases did he decide he would do a day?
2. What was the first surgery Paul performed when he returned after his cancer diagnosis?
(a) Brain clot surgery.
(c) Temporal lobectomy.
3. Where did Paul and Lucy go after speaking with his oncologist for the first time in the office in Part 2, Section 1?
(a) His parents' hotel.
(b) Cancer fundraiser.
(c) His brothers' hotel.
(d) Sperm bank.
4. What nickname did Paul's father call him?
5. What college reunion did Paul celebrate at Stanford after his daughter's birth?
6. What did Paul have to drink during his college reunion at Stanford after his daughter was born?
(b) Rum and cola.
7. What did Paul read in Part 2, Section 2, as he turned to literature again?
8. In Part 2, Section 4, how did Emma make her pronouncement about how much time Paul had left?
(a) Like she didn't believe what she said.
(b) Like a plea.
(c) With the confidence of a true believer.
(d) With authority.
9. In Part 2, Section 4, what did Emma say was Paul's next step after his discharge from the hospital?
(b) Get stronger.
(d) Physical therapy.
10. What was the name of Paul's oncologist in Part 2, Section 1?
(a) Peter Andrews.
(b) David Rustin.
(c) Megan Brown.
(d) Emma Hayward.
11. Where did Paul watch as Lucy was in labor?
(a) On a sofa in the delivery room.
(b) On a chair in the delivery room.
(c) On a lounge chair in the delivery room.
(d) On a cot in the delivery room.
12. What couldn't Paul do at the beginning of Part 2, Section 4?
(d) Watch television.
13. How did Paul get to the hospital when Lucy went into labor?
(b) His mother took him.
(c) His father brought him.
(d) His brother took him.
14. What day of the week did Paul find another new tumor in Part 2, Section 3?
15. When did Lucy have her first contractions?
(a) Two days before Paul was discharged from the hospital.
(b) Two days after Paul was discharged from the hospital.
(c) Two weeks after Paul was discharged from the hospital.
(d) A week after Paul was discharged from the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Section 4, what did Paul say that he and Emma were facing?
2. What side effect did Paul have after he began his medication in Part 2, Section 1?
3. After Paul's cancer diagnosis and beginning treatment in Part 2, Section 1, how did he spend the bulk of his week?
4. What did Paul decide to do after remembering Samuel Beckett's words in Part 2, Section 2?
5. What was the name of Paul's oncologist's nurse practitioner in Part 2, Section 1?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)