|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Section 3, what day of the week did Paul begin chemotherapy?
2. In Part 2, Section 2, how long had it been since Paul's cancer diagnosis when he was operating until late at night or into the early morning?
(a) One and a half.
(b) Nine months.
(c) One year.
(d) 12 months.
3. Where did Paul and Lucy go after speaking with his oncologist for the first time in the office in Part 2, Section 1?
(a) Cancer fundraiser.
(b) Sperm bank.
(c) His brothers' hotel.
(d) His parents' hotel.
4. After Paul began operating again in Part 2, Section 2, how long did it take before he was operating a nearly full load?
(a) A month.
(b) Two months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
5. What color was the pill that Paul began taking in Part 2, Section 1?
6. Where did Paul watch as Lucy was in labor?
(a) On a chair in the delivery room.
(b) On a lounge chair in the delivery room.
(c) On a cot in the delivery room.
(d) On a sofa in the delivery room.
7. How many years before Paul treated Mr. R in Part 2, Section 3, had he had another patient with Gerstmann's syndrome?
8. Before the cancer, how many years had Paul thought he would be a surgeon-scientist?
9. In Part 2, Section 4, when was the last time Paul had been at weight he was at?
(a) Seventh grade.
(b) Eighth grade.
(c) Ninth grade.
(d) Sixth grade.
10. What was the name of Paul's oncologist's nurse practitioner in Part 2, Section 1?
11. When did Paul say that the word "hope" first appeared in English?
(a) 2,000 years ago.
(b) About 1,000 years ago.
(c) About 3,000 years ago.
(d) 500 years ago.
12. How long after Paul counseled a family to withdraw life support for their son, did the parents show up with a video showing their son playing the piano?
(a) One year.
(b) 36 months.
(c) Two years.
(d) 18 months.
13. What side effect did Paul have after he began his medication in Part 2, Section 1?
(c) Dry eyes.
14. When Paul was started on chemotherapy in Part 2, Section 3, how long was he to receive treatment?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Three weeks.
15. In Part 2, Section 2, how often did Emma want to see Paul at her office?
(a) Every other month.
(b) Every Six weeks.
(c) Every Three weeks.
(d) Once a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Paul's oncologist in Part 2, Section 1?
2. After his daughter's birth, how did Paul describe time?
3. What religion did Paul's family practice when he was growing up?
4. After Paul's second CT scan in Part 2, Section 2, how long did Emma say that a patient was on Tarceva without a problem?
5. Who wrote the poem at the end of Part 2, Section 3, that Paul quoted?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)