|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of music did Paul like to listen to in the operating room.
(c) Bossa nova.
2. In Part 2, Section 2, how long after Paul started treatment did he have his first CT scan?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
3. In Part 2, Section 4, who came to help Paul and Lucy?
(a) Both sets of parents.
(b) Her parents.
(c) His brothers and their wives.
(d) His parents.
4. In Part 2, Section 4, what did Emma say was Paul's next step after his discharge from the hospital?
(a) Physical therapy.
(c) Get stronger.
5. How long after Paul counseled a family to withdraw life support for their son, did the parents show up with a video showing their son playing the piano?
(a) 36 months.
(b) One year.
(c) 18 months.
(d) Two years.
6. How long before Paul's cancer diagnosis had he been in the hospital with appendicitis?
(a) 11 months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 13 months.
7. What was the first surgery Paul performed when he returned after his cancer diagnosis?
(b) Brain clot surgery.
(c) Temporal lobectomy.
8. When Paul had performed surgery before his cancer diagnosis in Part 2, Section 1, how many hours was he in the operating room?
9. What was the name of Paul's oncologist in Part 2, Section 1?
(a) Peter Andrews.
(b) Megan Brown.
(c) Emma Hayward.
(d) David Rustin.
10. What stage lung cancer did Paul have?
11. What did Paul say in Part 2, Section 3, people would think if God spoke to them?
(a) They would think they were delusional.
(b) They would change their lives.
(c) They would find faith.
(d) They would think they were hearing voices.
12. After Paul had his first CT scan in Part 2, Section 2, how many nodules showed on the scan?
13. How many years before Paul treated Mr. R in Part 2, Section 3, had he had another patient with Gerstmann's syndrome?
14. When was Paul's graduation scheduled in Part 2, Section 3?
(a) Five weeks after his first chemotherapy treatment.
(b) Two weeks before Lucy's due date.
(c) One week before Lucy's due date.
(d) Eight weeks after his first chemotherapy treatment.
15. When Paul first returned to his residency in Part 2, Section 2, how many cases did he decide he would do a day?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the poem at the end of Part 2, Section 3, that Paul quoted?
2. How much older was Paul's oncologist than he was in Part 2, Section 1?
3. How did Paul feel when he saw a large tumor on his scan in Part 2, Section 3?
4. In Part 2, Section 4, when was the last time Paul had been at weight he was at?
5. Before the cancer, what did Paul think his second career would be?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)