|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Verghese's specialize in as a physician?
(b) Family practice.
(c) Infectious diseases.
(d) Hip and knee replacements.
2. What was the name of Paul's girlfriend when he lived in Kingman?
3. Where was Verghese when he "met" Paul?
4. How large was the town where Paul went to high school?
5. How far was the house in Cold Spring from Manhattan where Paul visited friends in the Prologue?
(a) 25 miles.
(b) 50 miles.
(c) Eight miles.
(d) Five miles.
6. In Part 1, Section 3, how many patients were on a list the outgoing intern gave Paul?
7. In Part 1, Section 2, where were some of Paul's college friends headed to pursue a life in the arts?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York City.
8. When working on his first cadaver, what did Paul find undigested in the stomach?
(a) Morphine pills.
9. Where did Paul's op-ed "How Long Have I Got Left" get published?
(a) New York Times.
(b) USA Today.
(c) The Washington Post.
(d) Los Angeles Times.
10. In Part 1, Section 3, what was the mother's occupation whose child had a large brain tumor?
11. In Part 1, Section 3, how old was the man who was hurt in a motorcycle accident?
12. Where did Paul begin his residency in Part 1, Section 3?
(b) Boston U.
13. What was the gestational age of the twins that died during Paul's assignment in the ob-gyn section of the hospital?
(a) 24 weeks old.
(b) 22 weeks old.
(c) 25 1/2 weeks old.
(d) 23 1/2 weeks old.
14. When did Abraham Verghese get to know Paul?
(a) When he was a resident in medical school.
(b) After his death.
(c) After he married and had a child.
(d) When he was in high school.
15. What was Paul's middle name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Paul when his father moved the family from New York?
2. How many times did Verghese meet with Paul?
3. When Paul first moved to the desert with his family, what did he find when he lifted an irrigation grate?
4. At the beginning of Part 1, Section 1, what did Paul believe his career would be?
5. When did medical school students have to bring their own cadavers to school?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)