|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years of training did Paul have before him when he began his residency in Part 1, Section 3?
2. At the beginning of Part 1, Section 2, what master's program did Paul apply for?
(a) English literature.
3. When did William Osler die, who Verghese said was the father of modern medicine?
4. When working on his first cadaver, what did Paul find undigested in the stomach?
(b) Morphine pills.
5. Where was Verghese when he "met" Paul?
6. When did Abraham Verghese get to know Paul?
(a) After he married and had a child.
(b) When he was in high school.
(c) After his death.
(d) When he was a resident in medical school.
7. Of the twins that Paul watched being born by C-section toward the end of Part 1, Section 2, how long did Baby B live?
(a) Not quite 24 hours.
(b) 16 hours.
(c) 25 hours.
(d) About 18 hours.
8. During Paul's early days of med school, his first day, what class did he have before he got to the cadavers?
9. For glioblastoma, what percent of patients were alive two years after surgery?
10. Who lectured at Yale School of Medicine when Paul and Lucy attended there?
(a) Peter H. Addy.
(b) James J Abrahams.
(c) Seth R. Axelrod.
(d) Shep Nuland.
11. In Part 1, Section 3, how old was the boy named Matthew who had a tumor abutting his hypothalamus?
12. When did Paul meet, Lucy, the woman who would become his wife?
(a) Second year of medical school.
(b) Last year of undergraduate studies.
(c) When he studied at Cambridge.
(d) First year of medical school.
13. In Part 1, Section 3, what was the mother's occupation whose child had a large brain tumor?
14. From what book of the Bible is the quotation found that is at the beginning of Part 1, Section 1?
15. In Part 1, Section 3, what was the name of the mother whose child had a large brain tumor?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Section 3, when Paul began his residency, how many days was he at the hospital before he left?
2. What was Paul's mother trained to be?
3. At the beginning of Part 1, Section 1, what did Paul believe his career would be?
4. In Part 1, Section 3, how many hours were residents working a week?
5. On a Thursday in the Prologue, how many hours did Paul spend in the operating room on a series of complex cases?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)