|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did William Osler die, who Verghese said was the father of modern medicine?
2. In Part 1, Section 3, how many patients were on a list the outgoing intern gave Paul?
3. What was Paul's father's occupation?
4. Where did Paul begin his residency in Part 1, Section 3?
(c) Boston U.
5. When did Verghese meet Paul?
(a) March 2015.
(b) February 2014.
(c) September 2014.
(d) January 2015.
6. In Part 1, Section 3, how many hours were residents working a week?
7. How many brothers did Paul have?
8. What was the gestational age of the twins that died during Paul's assignment in the ob-gyn section of the hospital?
(a) 25 1/2 weeks old.
(b) 22 weeks old.
(c) 23 1/2 weeks old.
(d) 24 weeks old.
9. During Paul's early days of med school, his first day, what class did he have before he got to the cadavers?
10. How many weeks premature was Paul's brother Suman when he was born?
(a) Seven weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Eight weeks.
11. When working on his first cadaver, what did Paul find undigested in the stomach?
(c) Morphine pills.
12. Who was Paul's co-resident when he began his residency in Part 1, Section 3?
13. What color were the rocks in the desert near where Paul lived when he was a teenager?
14. What was Paul's mother trained to be?
15. Who was the general surgery resident a few years senior to Paul, when Paul began his residency in Part 1, Section 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years of training did Paul have before him when he began his residency in Part 1, Section 3?
2. At the beginning of Part 1, Section 1, what did Paul believe his career would be?
3. What poet did Paul study for his thesis at Stanford?
4. Where did Paul's parents meet and fall in love?
5. At the beginning of Part 1, Section 2, what master's program did Paul apply for?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)