|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 - Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Paul begin his residency in Part 1, Section 3?
(a) Boston U.
2. In Part 2, Section 2, how long had it been since Paul's cancer diagnosis when he was operating until late at night or into the early morning?
(a) One year.
(b) One and a half.
(c) 12 months.
(d) Nine months.
3. How long before Paul's cancer diagnosis had he been in the hospital with appendicitis?
(a) 13 months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 11 months.
4. In the Prologue, what did Paul's weight drop to when he began having chest pain?
(a) 150 pounds.
(b) 175 pounds.
(c) 145 pounds.
(d) 135 pounds.
5. In Part 2, Section 2, when was Paul scheduled to complete his residency?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Section 3, how many hours were residents working a week?
2. When did William Osler die, who Verghese said was the father of modern medicine?
3. After his sophomore year in college, where did Paul get a job?
4. Where would Paul camp when his regular room in Part 1, Section 2 were occupied?
5. When Paul considered medical school in Part 1, Section 2, how much study time would it take him to get ready for medical school?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)