|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time Paul was suffering from weight loss and back pain, how long had he been training to be a neurosurgeon?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) Eight years.
2. Where did Paul's mother drive to have her children take their PSATs, SATs, and ACTs?
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. When did William Osler die, who Verghese said was the father of modern medicine?
4. What is Verghese's specialize in as a physician?
(a) Family practice.
(c) Hip and knee replacements.
(d) Infectious diseases.
5. How old was Paul when his father moved the family from New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Paul stay when he was taking pre-med courses?
2. When did Paul meet, Lucy, the woman who would become his wife?
3. How many months after being introduced to his cadaver, did Paul say he was bisecting the cadaver's head?
4. How old was the guide who led Paul and other students from a neuroscience class through a facility for people who had suffered severe brain injuries in Part 1, Section 1
5. On a Thursday in the Prologue, how many hours did Paul spend in the operating room on a series of complex cases?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)