|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Section 2, how long did Paul study at Cambridge?
(a) 18 months.
(b) A year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Nine months.
2. In the Prologue, what did Paul's weight drop to when he began having chest pain?
(a) 175 pounds.
(b) 145 pounds.
(c) 150 pounds.
(d) 135 pounds.
3. When did William Osler die, who Verghese said was the father of modern medicine?
4. What is Verghese's specialize in as a physician?
(a) Infectious diseases.
(b) Family practice.
(d) Hip and knee replacements.
5. How far was the house in Cold Spring from Manhattan where Paul visited friends in the Prologue?
(a) 25 miles.
(b) 50 miles.
(c) Five miles.
(d) Eight miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lectured at Yale School of Medicine when Paul and Lucy attended there?
2. How old was Paul in the Prologue?
3. When did Verghese receive a copy of Paul's book?
4. Where were the exchange students from that Paul convinced there were coyotes that lived inside cacti?
5. During Paul's early days of med school, his first day, what class did he have before he got to the cadavers?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)