|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Paul considered medical school in Part 1, Section 2, how much study time would it take him to get ready for medical school?
(a) Two years, six months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 36 months.
(d) One year.
2. What poet did Paul study for his thesis at Stanford?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) George Abbe.
(c) Stephen Vincent Benet.
(d) Willa Cather.
3. In Part 1, Section 2, where were some of Paul's college friends headed to pursue a life in the arts?
(a) New York City.
(c) Los Angeles.
4. From what book of the Bible is the quotation found that is at the beginning of Part 1, Section 1?
5. How old was Paul when his father moved the family from New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Verghese's specialize in as a physician?
2. In the Prologue, when did Paul say he began losing weight and have back pain?
3. When working on his first cadaver, what did Paul find undigested in the stomach?
4. Where did Paul's mother drive to have her children take their PSATs, SATs, and ACTs?
5. At the beginning of Part 1, Section 1, what did Paul believe his career would be?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)