|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time Paul was suffering from weight loss and back pain, how long had he been training to be a neurosurgeon?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) 12 years.
2. In the Prologue, when did Paul say he began losing weight and have back pain?
(a) A year before.
(b) Nine months before.
(c) Three weeks before.
(d) Six months before.
3. At the beginning of Part 1, Section 1, what did Paul believe his career would be?
(b) Literature professor.
4. When did Thomas Browne write "Religio Medici"?
5. In Part 1, Section 2, where were some of Paul's college friends headed to pursue a life in the arts?
(b) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Paul live in Part 1, Section 1, when he finished high school?
2. When did Verghese meet Paul?
3. How old was the guide who led Paul and other students from a neuroscience class through a facility for people who had suffered severe brain injuries in Part 1, Section 1
4. What was Paul's wife's, Lucy, profession?
5. On a Thursday in the Prologue, how many hours did Paul spend in the operating room on a series of complex cases?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)