|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lynching took place between 1919 and 1923?
2. During the 1920s, what rate shot up?
3. What show featured Black women singing arias from "Faust," "Rigoletto," and other operas?
4. In what year did Legenia Burns Hope organize the Atlanta Neighborhod Union?
5. What year's census showed that "all women employed in manufacturing and mechanical industries were Black"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What allowed Eleanor Roosevelt to fully overcome her racial prejudice?
2. In 1920, what did the YWCA go on record as advocating?
3. What two developments changed the image of Black women following WWI?
4. Describe the KKK between 1915 and 1919.
5. What happened to the Daytona School for Girls between 1915 and 1927?
6. What questions were Blacks left with in the years following WWI?
7. What initially was to happen to the monies granted for slum clearance in Daytona Beach?
8. What was the Negro Congress and the Southern Negro Youth Congress able to settle in regard to the strike between Black women and the I.N. Vaughn Company?
9. What did the suffrage campaign represent for Black women?
10. How did the Federal Emergency Relief Administration of the Department of Labor make life harder for Blacks during the Depression?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, Ida B. Wells is discussed in great detail. Discuss Well's accomplishments throughout her time as an activist.
Essay Topic 2
What impact did education have in the lives of Black women? Who were the key people involved in ensuring education for Black women was available? What did proper and higher education do for the advancement of Black women?
Essay Topic 3
One major success story, the story of Madame Walker, was described in the book. What was the story of Madame Walker? Who was she? Where did her success stem from? What did her success spearhead for Black women?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)