|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children were in Charlotte Hawkins Brown's family?
2. What did the chapter "A Search for Self" compare postwar America to?
3. Who ran unsuccessfully for president of the NACW in 1924?
4. What mission in New York, helped women get job-placement, job training, and offered Afro-American history courses?
5. How much did the cost of living rise from 1914 to 1918?
Short Essay Questions
1. What affect did WWI have on Blacks?
2. Why did the chapter "Cusp of a New Era" state that Black club women's achievements were most satisfying?
3. According to Virginia Durr, what were the two ways that the Depression affected people?
4. What two developments changed the image of Black women following WWI?
5. In 1920, what did the YWCA go on record as advocating?
6. In the South, what did racial antipathy do?
7. Why did "Half-Century" in 1922 state that brown skin was more appealing?
8. What concerns did interracial cooperation in the workplace world bring about?
9. What initially was to happen to the monies granted for slum clearance in Daytona Beach?
10. What did Mary McLeod Bethune do at the age of 52 in 1927?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss in detail the power that Black women possessed throughout their fight for equal rights.
-Where did their power come from?
-How did they find their strength?
-What caused Black women to fight for their rights?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, Ida B. Wells is discussed in great detail. Discuss Well's accomplishments throughout her time as an activist.
Essay Topic 3
Black men were the focus in many parts throughout the book. Discuss in detail the issues that Black men had with the progression of Black women in America.
-Where did their (Black men) issues arise from?
-Why did Black men not support Black women?
-How were the issues that Black men faced different from the issues that Black women faced?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)