|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of 1935, how many northern cities had over 100,000 African-Americans in population?
2. At which bible institute did Mary McLeod Bethune study?
3. In 1915, how many students graduated from Daytona School for Girls?
4. In 1945, what percent of the American workforce was women?
5. In what year was the Federal Employment Practices Commission established?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mary McLeod Bethune do at the age of 52 in 1927?
2. Describe the KKK between 1915 and 1919.
3. What two developments changed the image of Black women following WWI?
4. What concerns did interracial cooperation in the workplace world bring about?
5. What allowed Eleanor Roosevelt to fully overcome her racial prejudice?
6. What were the ratio differences between young Black women and young White women over the age of fourteen working?
7. What did the suffrage campaign represent for Black women?
8. What was Madame Walker known for?
9. Why did the election of Franklin D. Roosevelt not give Black leaders any reason to celebrate?
10. In the South, what did racial antipathy do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What issues caused controversy among supporters and opponents of the The Fifteenth Amendment? Why were those issues relevant?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in detail the power that Black women possessed throughout their fight for equal rights.
-Where did their power come from?
-How did they find their strength?
-What caused Black women to fight for their rights?
Essay Topic 3
What opposition did Black women face in regard to the men of their own race and culture? Where did these issues arise from? How were the issues solved?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)