|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group in 1927 invited Mary McLeod Bethune to attend a meeting held and hosted by Eleanor Roosevelt?
2. Who was elected President of the United States in 1932?
3. What mission in New York, helped women get job-placement, job training, and offered Afro-American history courses?
4. In what year was the Federal Employment Practices Commission established?
5. How many brothers and sister did Mary McLeod Bethune have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concerns did interracial cooperation in the workplace world bring about?
2. What did the suffrage campaign represent for Black women?
3. What two developments changed the image of Black women following WWI?
4. What allowed Eleanor Roosevelt to fully overcome her racial prejudice?
5. Why did "Half-Century" in 1922 state that brown skin was more appealing?
6. What did Mary McLeod Bethune do at the age of 52 in 1927?
7. What affect did WWI have on Blacks?
8. In 1919, what unusual step did Senator Henry Cabot Lodge take?
9. What preparations did Lugenia Burns Hope make for the CIC meeting in Memphis?
10. What did the radical atmosphere of the 1920's make possible for Blacks to initiate in the political arena?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although the book's focus was mainly on the problems that Black women faced, issues that White women faced were also detailed. Compare and contrast the issues that both White and Black women faced.
Essay Topic 2
One major success story, the story of Madame Walker, was described in the book. What was the story of Madame Walker? Who was she? Where did her success stem from? What did her success spearhead for Black women?
Essay Topic 3
What issues caused controversy among supporters and opponents of the The Fifteenth Amendment? Why were those issues relevant?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)