|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What President's wife, in 1934, began taking an active stand on racial issues?
2. What did the chapter "Toward Interracial Cooperation" name as the most "pressing reason to draw out the poison of racial antagonism"?
3. What poet did Bethune hire as an assistant for her position as the Negro Affairs director?
4. In 1937, how many Black woman walked out of the I.N. Vaughn Company because of low wages and hard work?
5. In 1915, how many students graduated from Daytona School for Girls?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Black women impact the issues associated with race? What did they initiate? What progress were they responsible for?
Essay Topic 2
How did mainstream society depict Black women in media? What issues did Black women have with these depictions? What did Black women do to change these media representations?
Essay Topic 3
What opposition did Black women face in regard to the men of their own race and culture? Where did these issues arise from? How were the issues solved?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)