|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What President's wife, in 1934, began taking an active stand on racial issues?
2. In 1917, Ida Wells-Barnett held a memorial service for how many Black soldiers (hung in accusation for shooting Whites)?
3. How much did Mary McLeod Bethune have as her initial investment to start a school?
4. During Bethune's travel through 21 states, what percentage of young Blacks were on relief?
5. According to the chapter "Black Braintrusters," how many Black women marched into the White House in 1941?
Essay Topic 1
Part one of the book was dedicated to Black women "inventing themselves." Discuss in detail the steps that Black women needed to take to invent themselves.
Essay Topic 2
Although the book's focus was mainly on the problems that Black women faced, issues that White women faced were also detailed. Compare and contrast the issues that both White and Black women faced.
Essay Topic 3
What issues caused controversy among supporters and opponents of the The Fifteenth Amendment? Why were those issues relevant?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)