|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many American women were working 1945?
2. What state law covered under federal legislation, declared that one spouse must resign if the other was gainfully employed?
3. What was the name of the sheriff that upheld segregation ordinance in Birmingham, Alabama?
4. What was sold to raise part of the rest of the money needed to finance the school that Bethune needed to start her school?
5. What was Mary McLeod Bethune riding aboard in 1927?
Short Essay Questions
1. What affect did WWI have on Blacks?
2. What were the ratio differences between young Black women and young White women over the age of fourteen working?
3. In 1920, what did the YWCA go on record as advocating?
4. What desire did Mary McLeod Bethune have after leaving Presbyterian Mission School?
5. What was Madame Walker known for?
6. How did the Federal Emergency Relief Administration of the Department of Labor make life harder for Blacks during the Depression?
7. What preparations did Lugenia Burns Hope make for the CIC meeting in Memphis?
8. What did Mary McLeod Bethune do at the age of 52 in 1927?
9. Why did the election of Franklin D. Roosevelt not give Black leaders any reason to celebrate?
10. What did the suffrage campaign represent for Black women?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss in detail the problems that Black women faced in regard to the establishment of Black feminist groups. What problems did black women face in regard to opposition from white men and women and from black men?
Essay Topic 2
The book gives many different descriptions regarding Black women throughout history. Discuss the different social descriptions, the change of how society looked at Black women, and how they were able to help change the way that society looked at them.
Essay Topic 3
What opposition did Black women face in regard to the men of their own race and culture? Where did these issues arise from? How were the issues solved?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)