|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Black branches of the YWCA were there by 1919?
2. Whom did critics in 1900 state was the author of "the most powerful protest novel . . . with the exception of Ann Perry"?
3. At which bible institute did Mary McLeod Bethune study?
4. Who was the first Black woman elected to the YWCA's national board in 1924?
5. In what year was the first segregated YWCA chartered in Ohio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Black men were the focus in many parts throughout the book. Discuss in detail the issues that Black men had with the progression of Black women in America.
-Where did their (Black men) issues arise from?
-Why did Black men not support Black women?
-How were the issues that Black men faced different from the issues that Black women faced?
Essay Topic 2
How did Black women impact the issues associated with race? What did they initiate? What progress were they responsible for?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in detail the power that Black women possessed throughout their fight for equal rights.
-Where did their power come from?
-How did they find their strength?
-What caused Black women to fight for their rights?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)