|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was sold to raise part of the rest of the money needed to finance the school that Bethune needed to start her school?
2. What year was the Dryer bill introduced to Congress?
3. What did the chapter "A Search for Self" compare postwar America to?
4. What riot inspired the sonnet that Senator Henry Cabot Lodge placed into "The Congressional Record"?
5. In 1937, how many Black woman walked out of the I.N. Vaughn Company because of low wages and hard work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concerns did interracial cooperation in the workplace world bring about?
2. Why did the election of Franklin D. Roosevelt not give Black leaders any reason to celebrate?
3. How did Mary McLeod Bethune finance the Daytona School for Girls?
4. Why did "Half-Century" in 1922 state that brown skin was more appealing?
5. What change did the Susan B. Anthony Amendment face in regard to the Jones Amendment?
6. Why did the chapter "Cusp of a New Era" state that Black club women's achievements were most satisfying?
7. Describe the KKK between 1915 and 1919.
8. What did the suffrage campaign represent for Black women?
9. What affect did WWI have on Blacks?
10. In the South, what did racial antipathy do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What opposition did Black women face in regard to the men of their own race and culture? Where did these issues arise from? How were the issues solved?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in detail the problems that Black women faced in regard to the establishment of Black feminist groups. What problems did black women face in regard to opposition from white men and women and from black men?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in detail the problems that Black women faced prior to the creation of laws that bettered treatment of slaves.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)