|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mission in New York, helped women get job-placement, job training, and offered Afro-American history courses?
2. How many lynching took place between 1919 and 1923?
3. What was sold to raise part of the rest of the money needed to finance the school that Bethune needed to start her school?
4. Who gave the organization trying to save Frederick Douglass's home the last $500 dollars needed to purchase the mortgage note?
5. Who founded the UNIA?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concerns did interracial cooperation in the workplace world bring about?
2. What were the ratio differences between young Black women and young White women over the age of fourteen working?
3. What accomplishments did the NACW have by 1916?
4. What caused a dramatic shift in the role of the woman in the work force in 1941?
5. What change did the Susan B. Anthony Amendment face in regard to the Jones Amendment?
6. Describe the KKK between 1915 and 1919.
7. In 1920, what did the YWCA go on record as advocating?
8. What happened to the Daytona School for Girls between 1915 and 1927?
9. What was the Negro Congress and the Southern Negro Youth Congress able to settle in regard to the strike between Black women and the I.N. Vaughn Company?
10. According to Virginia Durr, what were the two ways that the Depression affected people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The book gives many different descriptions regarding Black women throughout history. Discuss the different social descriptions, the change of how society looked at Black women, and how they were able to help change the way that society looked at them.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in detail the problems that Black women faced prior to the creation of laws that bettered treatment of slaves.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in detail the power that Black women possessed throughout their fight for equal rights.
-Where did their power come from?
-How did they find their strength?
-What caused Black women to fight for their rights?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)