|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lynchings occurred in 1892?
2. Who became the first Black Alderman of Chicago?
3. Who, in the chapter "The Quest for Woman Suffrage," was quoted as saying "divine law makes no distinction between the sexes"?
4. What was established for the purpose of invalid girls to go and help the poor?
5. What did the text in the chapter "Prelude to a Movement" detail that captains of industry would later be called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What change did the Susan B. Anthony Amendment face in regard to the Jones Amendment?
2. Why did the chapter "Defending Our Name" state that Ida B. Wells should have been pleased?
3. Prior to her refusal to relinquish her seat in Montgomery, how was Rosa Parks involved in the civil rights movement?
4. Describe the KKK between 1915 and 1919.
5. What allowed Eleanor Roosevelt to fully overcome her racial prejudice?
6. Why was the Black family under siege between 1890 and 1910?
7. What concerns did interracial cooperation in the workplace world bring about?
8. What happened to the Daytona School for Girls between 1915 and 1927?
9. Why did the chapter "The Quest for Woman Suffrage" state that women's suffrage was important?
10. Why did the mother of a young Black teenager refuse to let her appear in court regarding E.D. Nixon's test case for desegregation of the buses in Montgomery, Alabama?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss in detail the power that Black women possessed throughout their fight for equal rights.
-Where did their power come from?
-How did they find their strength?
-What caused Black women to fight for their rights?
Essay Topic 2
What impact did education have in the lives of Black women? Who were the key people involved in ensuring education for Black women was available? What did proper and higher education do for the advancement of Black women?
Essay Topic 3
Part one of the book was dedicated to Black women "inventing themselves." Discuss in detail the steps that Black women needed to take to invent themselves.
This section contains 1,420 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)