|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Legenia Burns Hope organize the Atlanta Neighborhod Union?
2. How many people, out of the 139 named, were of mixed heritage in W.E.B. Du Bois' "Who's Who of Colored Americans"?
3. What was the name of the NAACP's magazine?
(a) "The Crisis."
(b) "The Voice."
(c) "The Call."
(d) "The Truth."
4. In 1937, how many Black woman walked out of the I.N. Vaughn Company because of low wages and hard work?
5. What show featured Black women singing arias from "Faust," "Rigoletto," and other operas?
(d) Classics on Stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1917, Ida Wells-Barnett held a memorial service for how many Black soldiers (hung in accusation for shooting Whites)?
2. What magazine, in January 1924, announced that it would "show in pictures as well as writing, Negro women who are unique, accomplished, beautiful, intelligent, industrious, talented, and successful"?
3. What poet did Bethune hire as an assistant for her position as the Negro Affairs director?
4. What was sold to raise part of the rest of the money needed to finance the school that Bethune needed to start her school?
5. What site did Bethune put a down-payment on to start a school?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Virginia Durr, what were the two ways that the Depression affected people?
2. Why did "Half-Century" in 1922 state that brown skin was more appealing?
3. What allowed Eleanor Roosevelt to fully overcome her racial prejudice?
4. How did the Federal Emergency Relief Administration of the Department of Labor make life harder for Blacks during the Depression?
5. Describe the KKK between 1915 and 1919.
6. What did the radical atmosphere of the 1920's make possible for Blacks to initiate in the political arena?
7. What was the Negro Congress and the Southern Negro Youth Congress able to settle in regard to the strike between Black women and the I.N. Vaughn Company?
8. What initially was to happen to the monies granted for slum clearance in Daytona Beach?
9. What did Mary McLeod Bethune do at the age of 52 in 1927?
10. What were the ratio differences between young Black women and young White women over the age of fourteen working?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)