|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was elected President of the United States in 1932?
2. In what year did Legenia Burns Hope organize the Atlanta Neighborhod Union?
3. How many brothers and sister did Mary McLeod Bethune have?
4. In 1941, who was the Secretary of War that Bethune wrote to regarding the war department's failure to invite the NCNW to a meeting that was organizing women for the war effort?
(a) Michael J. Simpson.
(b) Henry L. Stimson.
(c) Thomas J. Watters.
(d) Gordon M. Myers.
5. How many Black branches did the YWCA have in the South in 1906?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1917, Ida Wells-Barnett held a memorial service for how many Black soldiers (hung in accusation for shooting Whites)?
2. After the strike on the pecan factory in St. Louis ended, how much more per week did the women working there get paid?
3. What was the "talk of the twenties"?
4. America was the ___________ nation to enfranchise women.
5. How many American women were working 1945?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)