|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1917, Ida Wells-Barnett held a memorial service for how many Black soldiers (hung in accusation for shooting Whites)?
2. How many people, out of the 139 named, were of mixed heritage in W.E.B. Du Bois' "Who's Who of Colored Americans"?
3. What Black poet's work was entered into "The Congressional Record" by Senator Henry Lodge?
(a) Maya Angelou.
(b) Arna Bontemps.
(c) Claude McKay.
(d) Selma Thompkins.
4. In 1945, what percent of the American workforce was women?
5. Who founded the UNIA?
(a) Louis Farican.
(b) Marcus Garvey.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Malcolm X.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Black branches of the YWCA were there by 1919?
2. What year's census showed that "all women employed in manufacturing and mechanical industries were Black"?
3. How many Black judges were "in the system" in New York City?
4. Who was the first White woman named as executive director of the CIC?
5. In 1915, how many students graduated from Daytona School for Girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Federal Emergency Relief Administration of the Department of Labor make life harder for Blacks during the Depression?
2. In 1920, what did the YWCA go on record as advocating?
3. What initially was to happen to the monies granted for slum clearance in Daytona Beach?
4. Why did the election of Franklin D. Roosevelt not give Black leaders any reason to celebrate?
5. In 1919, what unusual step did Senator Henry Cabot Lodge take?
6. What questions were Blacks left with in the years following WWI?
7. What were the ratio differences between young Black women and young White women over the age of fourteen working?
8. What was the Negro Congress and the Southern Negro Youth Congress able to settle in regard to the strike between Black women and the I.N. Vaughn Company?
9. What affect did WWI have on Blacks?
10. What two developments changed the image of Black women following WWI?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)