|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What show featured Black women singing arias from "Faust," "Rigoletto," and other operas?
(b) Classics on Stage.
2. During the 1920s, what rate shot up?
(a) Birth rate.
(b) Divorce rate.
(c) Marriage rate.
(d) Suicide rate.
3. According to the chapter "Black Braintrusters," how many Black women marched into the White House in 1941?
4. In what year was the first segregated YWCA chartered in Ohio?
5. Where was the Council for Interracial Cooperation founded?
(c) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between 1915 and 1920, how many Blacks "heeded its (the North's) call" because of the southern exploitation they faced regarding labor.
2. Who gave the organization trying to save Frederick Douglass's home the last $500 dollars needed to purchase the mortgage note?
3. In what state was Mary McLeod Bethune born?
4. How much did the cost of living rise from 1914 to 1918?
5. What did the chapter "Toward Interracial Cooperation" name as the most "pressing reason to draw out the poison of racial antagonism"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the Daytona School for Girls between 1915 and 1927?
2. How did Mary McLeod Bethune finance the Daytona School for Girls?
3. What concerns did interracial cooperation in the workplace world bring about?
4. Why did "Half-Century" in 1922 state that brown skin was more appealing?
5. What allowed Eleanor Roosevelt to fully overcome her racial prejudice?
6. What accomplishments did the NACW have by 1916?
7. What initially was to happen to the monies granted for slum clearance in Daytona Beach?
8. In the South, what did racial antipathy do?
9. What questions were Blacks left with in the years following WWI?
10. Why did the election of Franklin D. Roosevelt not give Black leaders any reason to celebrate?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)