|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1917, Ida Wells-Barnett held a memorial service for how many Black soldiers (hung in accusation for shooting Whites)?
2. Who was the first Black woman named to the federal bench and also became the Manhattan Borough President in 1954?
(a) Claire Stuckker-Morris.
(b) Chandra Smith-Jones.
(c) Bridget Brown-Marker.
(d) Constance Baker Motley.
3. Prior to the United States entering into WWII, what percent of school systems refused to hire married women?
4. How many Black judges were "in the system" in New York City?
5. Who founded the UNIA?
(a) Louis Farican.
(b) Marcus Garvey.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Malcolm X.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1916, what group launched a campaign to save the home of Frederick Douglass from default?
2. Who gave the organization trying to save Frederick Douglass's home the last $500 dollars needed to purchase the mortgage note?
3. What advertising image did the chapter "A Search for Self" state was grotesque? (As pointed out by Elise McDougald.)
4. How many people, out of the 139 named, were of mixed heritage in W.E.B. Du Bois' "Who's Who of Colored Americans"?
5. Between 1915 and 1920, how many Blacks "heeded its (the North's) call" because of the southern exploitation they faced regarding labor.
Short Essay Questions
1. What initially was to happen to the monies granted for slum clearance in Daytona Beach?
2. According to Virginia Durr, what were the two ways that the Depression affected people?
3. In the South, what did racial antipathy do?
4. What accomplishments did the NACW have by 1916?
5. What preparations did Lugenia Burns Hope make for the CIC meeting in Memphis?
6. Why did the chapter "Cusp of a New Era" state that Black club women's achievements were most satisfying?
7. What was the Negro Congress and the Southern Negro Youth Congress able to settle in regard to the strike between Black women and the I.N. Vaughn Company?
8. What happened to the Daytona School for Girls between 1915 and 1927?
9. What affect did WWI have on Blacks?
10. What caused a dramatic shift in the role of the woman in the work force in 1941?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)