|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine "editorialized that brown skin was . . . more appealing to Whites"?
(d) "The Crisis."
2. In what year was the first segregated YWCA chartered in Ohio?
3. What did the chapter "A Search for Self" compare postwar America to?
(a) "An unending tunnel."
(b) "A dense forest."
(c) "A hall of mirrors."
(d) "A hunt with no prey."
4. In 1935, what leader of the Texas state committee insisted that Texas Whites would object to an integrated Texas community?
(a) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(b) Martin B. Hidgins.
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) Paul Minors.
5. In 1916, what group launched a campaign to save the home of Frederick Douglass from default?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the Council for Interracial Cooperation founded?
2. Who was the YWCA's first Black secretary?
3. Who was the first Black woman elected to the YWCA's national board in 1924?
4. In 1937, how many Black woman walked out of the I.N. Vaughn Company because of low wages and hard work?
5. What, according to the chapter "Toward Interracial Cooperation," did Black women believe was essential to "racial harmony"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the suffrage campaign represent for Black women?
2. According to Virginia Durr, what were the two ways that the Depression affected people?
3. What two developments changed the image of Black women following WWI?
4. What affect did WWI have on Blacks?
5. Why did "Half-Century" in 1922 state that brown skin was more appealing?
6. What concerns did interracial cooperation in the workplace world bring about?
7. What happened to the Daytona School for Girls between 1915 and 1927?
8. What questions were Blacks left with in the years following WWI?
9. What was Madame Walker known for?
10. Why did the chapter "Cusp of a New Era" state that Black club women's achievements were most satisfying?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)