Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prior to the United States entering into WWII, what percent of school systems refused to hire married women?
2. What riot inspired the sonnet that Senator Henry Cabot Lodge placed into "The Congressional Record"?
(a) The New York riot.
(b) The Virginia riot.
(c) The Chicago riot.
(d) The Charleston riot.
3. What state law covered under federal legislation, declared that one spouse must resign if the other was gainfully employed?
(a) Federal Economy Act.
(b) Federal Single Family Employment Act.
(c) Federal Fair Work Act.
(d) Federal Women's Work Act.
4. What did the chapter "A Search for Self" compare postwar America to?
(a) "A dense forest."
(b) "A hall of mirrors."
(c) "A hunt with no prey."
(d) "An unending tunnel."
5. Whom did critics in 1900 state was the author of "the most powerful protest novel . . . with the exception of Ann Perry"?
(a) Francis Burks.
(b) Mary May Wright.
(c) Pauline Hopkins.
(d) Laura Sterns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first Black woman named to the federal bench and also became the Manhattan Borough President in 1954?
2. In 1937, how many Black woman walked out of the I.N. Vaughn Company because of low wages and hard work?
3. How many brothers and sister did Mary McLeod Bethune have?
4. How many American women were working 1945?
5. Who was quoted at the opening of the chapter "The Second World War and After"?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)