|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Bethune's travel through 21 states, what percentage of young Blacks were on relief?
2. What was the name of the St. Louis Black woman that led a strike against a pecan factory owner?
(a) Mildred Stevens.
(b) Fanny Mae Smith.
(c) Sandra Blantly.
(d) Connie Smith.
3. How many Black branches did the YWCA have in the South in 1906?
4. In 1915, how many students graduated from Daytona School for Girls?
5. What school, according to the chapter "The Radical Interracialists," was tongue-lashed by Congress for its library containing a book on socialism?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Howard University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) William and Mary University.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the strike on the pecan factory in St. Louis ended, how much more per week did the women working there get paid?
2. What was the "talk of the twenties"?
3. Who ran unsuccessfully for president of the NACW in 1924?
4. America was the ___________ nation to enfranchise women.
5. What President's wife, in 1934, began taking an active stand on racial issues?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)