|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the Brown vs. Topeka Board of Education Supreme Court case argued?
2. What state law covered under federal legislation, declared that one spouse must resign if the other was gainfully employed?
(a) Federal Single Family Employment Act.
(b) Federal Women's Work Act.
(c) Federal Fair Work Act.
(d) Federal Economy Act.
3. What mission in New York, helped women get job-placement, job training, and offered Afro-American history courses?
(a) The Oak Mission.
(b) The Tulip Mission.
(c) White Rose Mission.
(d) Purple Iris Mission.
4. What was Mary McLeod Bethune riding aboard in 1927?
(a) A ocean-liner.
(b) A submarine.
(c) A Navy cruise ship.
(d) A slave ship.
5. What President's wife, in 1934, began taking an active stand on racial issues?
(a) Bess Truman.
(b) Mamie Eisenhower.
(c) Lou Hoover.
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the Anti-Lynching Crusaders organized?
2. What year's census showed that "all women employed in manufacturing and mechanical industries were Black"?
3. Who was the first Black woman named to the federal bench and also became the Manhattan Borough President in 1954?
4. What did the chapter "A Search for Self" compare postwar America to?
5. What novel described all kinds of women with poetic rapture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What change did the Susan B. Anthony Amendment face in regard to the Jones Amendment?
2. Describe the KKK between 1915 and 1919.
3. What did the suffrage campaign represent for Black women?
4. How did the Federal Emergency Relief Administration of the Department of Labor make life harder for Blacks during the Depression?
5. Why did the election of Franklin D. Roosevelt not give Black leaders any reason to celebrate?
6. What initially was to happen to the monies granted for slum clearance in Daytona Beach?
7. What affect did WWI have on Blacks?
8. What did the radical atmosphere of the 1920's make possible for Blacks to initiate in the political arena?
9. What desire did Mary McLeod Bethune have after leaving Presbyterian Mission School?
10. In 1920, what did the YWCA go on record as advocating?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)