|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Bethune's travel through 21 states, what percentage of young Blacks were on relief?
2. What was the "talk of the twenties"?
(b) Social change.
(c) Women working?
3. In 1941, who was the Secretary of War that Bethune wrote to regarding the war department's failure to invite the NCNW to a meeting that was organizing women for the war effort?
(a) Henry L. Stimson.
(b) Thomas J. Watters.
(c) Michael J. Simpson.
(d) Gordon M. Myers.
4. In 1935, what leader of the Texas state committee insisted that Texas Whites would object to an integrated Texas community?
(a) Martin B. Hidgins.
(b) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) Paul Minors.
5. How many Black branches did the YWCA have in the South in 1906?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the Council for Interracial Cooperation founded?
2. During Bethune's travel through 21 states, what percent of youth did she find to be Black?
3. How many people, out of the 139 named, were of mixed heritage in W.E.B. Du Bois' "Who's Who of Colored Americans"?
4. What did the chapter "Toward Interracial Cooperation" name as the most "pressing reason to draw out the poison of racial antagonism"?
5. How many American women were working 1945?
Short Essay Questions
1. What accomplishments did the NACW have by 1916?
2. According to Virginia Durr, what were the two ways that the Depression affected people?
3. What questions were Blacks left with in the years following WWI?
4. Why did the chapter "Cusp of a New Era" state that Black club women's achievements were most satisfying?
5. What preparations did Lugenia Burns Hope make for the CIC meeting in Memphis?
6. What change did the Susan B. Anthony Amendment face in regard to the Jones Amendment?
7. In the South, what did racial antipathy do?
8. What desire did Mary McLeod Bethune have after leaving Presbyterian Mission School?
9. How did Mary McLeod Bethune finance the Daytona School for Girls?
10. In 1919, what unusual step did Senator Henry Cabot Lodge take?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)