|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first theatrical production to feature attractively costumed, glamorous Black women?
(a) The Dixie Mason Show.
(b) The Song of the South Show.
(c) The Creole Show.
(d) The Southern Black Belle.
2. Who was elected President of the United States in 1932?
3. Who ran unsuccessfully for president of the NACW in 1924?
(a) Mary McLeod Bethune.
(b) Mary Church Terrell.
(c) Ida Well-Barnett.
(d) Sojourner Truth.
4. In 1945, what percent of the American workforce was women?
5. How much did the cost of living rise from 1914 to 1918?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the 1920s, what rate decreased?
2. What year's census showed that "all women employed in manufacturing and mechanical industries were Black"?
3. How many Black branches did the YWCA have in the South in 1906?
4. Who was the first Black woman elected to the YWCA's national board in 1924?
5. How many lynching took place between 1919 and 1923?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two developments changed the image of Black women following WWI?
2. What preparations did Lugenia Burns Hope make for the CIC meeting in Memphis?
3. What caused a dramatic shift in the role of the woman in the work force in 1941?
4. What allowed Eleanor Roosevelt to fully overcome her racial prejudice?
5. What questions were Blacks left with in the years following WWI?
6. What did the suffrage campaign represent for Black women?
7. Why did the chapter "Cusp of a New Era" state that Black club women's achievements were most satisfying?
8. Why did "Half-Century" in 1922 state that brown skin was more appealing?
9. What was Madame Walker known for?
10. What were the ratio differences between young Black women and young White women over the age of fourteen working?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)