|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year's census showed that "all women employed in manufacturing and mechanical industries were Black"?
2. Who was quoted at the opening of the chapter "The Second World War and After"?
(a) Malcolm X.
(b) Sojourner Truth.
(c) Virginia Durr.
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
3. Who was elected President of the United States in 1932?
4. During the 1920s, what rate decreased?
(a) Number of professional women.
(b) Number of inter-racial marriages.
(c) Number of black-on-white attacks.
(d) Number of rapes.
5. Between 1915 and 1920, how many Blacks "heeded its (the North's) call" because of the southern exploitation they faced regarding labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chapter "Black Braintrusters," how many Black women marched into the White House in 1941?
2. What did the chapter "A Search for Self" compare postwar America to?
3. In what year was the first segregated YWCA chartered in Ohio?
4. How much could a young unmarried woman in domestic service in the North earn in a week during 1920?
5. What was the name of the NAACP's magazine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did "Half-Century" in 1922 state that brown skin was more appealing?
2. Why did the chapter "Cusp of a New Era" state that Black club women's achievements were most satisfying?
3. What happened to the Daytona School for Girls between 1915 and 1927?
4. How did the Federal Emergency Relief Administration of the Department of Labor make life harder for Blacks during the Depression?
5. According to Virginia Durr, what were the two ways that the Depression affected people?
6. What did Mary McLeod Bethune do at the age of 52 in 1927?
7. In the South, what did racial antipathy do?
8. What was the Negro Congress and the Southern Negro Youth Congress able to settle in regard to the strike between Black women and the I.N. Vaughn Company?
9. What questions were Blacks left with in the years following WWI?
10. What did the radical atmosphere of the 1920's make possible for Blacks to initiate in the political arena?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)