|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ran unsuccessfully for president of the NACW in 1924?
(a) Mary Church Terrell.
(b) Ida Well-Barnett.
(c) Mary McLeod Bethune.
(d) Sojourner Truth.
2. In what year was the Council for Interracial Cooperation founded?
3. What state law covered under federal legislation, declared that one spouse must resign if the other was gainfully employed?
(a) Federal Women's Work Act.
(b) Federal Single Family Employment Act.
(c) Federal Fair Work Act.
(d) Federal Economy Act.
4. Who was the first White woman named as executive director of the CIC?
(a) Jessie Daniel Ames.
(b) Sonya Smith-Jackson.
(c) Willie Mae Alexander.
(d) lillian Smith.
5. What was Mary McLeod Bethune riding aboard in 1927?
(a) A slave ship.
(b) A submarine.
(c) A ocean-liner.
(d) A Navy cruise ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the first segregated YWCA chartered in Ohio?
2. What advertising image did the chapter "A Search for Self" state was grotesque? (As pointed out by Elise McDougald.)
3. Who founded the UNIA?
4. According to the chapter "Black Braintrusters," how many Black women marched into the White House in 1941?
5. What was the "talk of the twenties"?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)