|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Black branches did the YWCA have in the South in 1906?
2. How many American women were working 1945?
(a) 35 million.
(b) 20 million.
(c) 7 million.
(d) 11 million.
3. What poet did Bethune hire as an assistant for her position as the Negro Affairs director?
(a) Frank Horne.
(b) Langston Hughes.
(c) Jean Toomer.
(d) Zora Neal Hurston.
4. What was the name of the NAACP's magazine?
(a) "The Truth."
(b) "The Call."
(c) "The Voice."
(d) "The Crisis."
5. In what year was the Brown vs. Topeka Board of Education Supreme Court case argued?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the YWCA's first Black secretary?
2. America was the ___________ nation to enfranchise women.
3. In what year was the first segregated YWCA chartered in Ohio?
4. What was Mary McLeod Bethune riding aboard in 1927?
5. In 1945, what percent of the American workforce was women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What affect did WWI have on Blacks?
2. What were the ratio differences between young Black women and young White women over the age of fourteen working?
3. In 1919, what unusual step did Senator Henry Cabot Lodge take?
4. What did Mary McLeod Bethune do at the age of 52 in 1927?
5. In the South, what did racial antipathy do?
6. Why did the election of Franklin D. Roosevelt not give Black leaders any reason to celebrate?
7. Why did the chapter "Cusp of a New Era" state that Black club women's achievements were most satisfying?
8. What was the Negro Congress and the Southern Negro Youth Congress able to settle in regard to the strike between Black women and the I.N. Vaughn Company?
9. What caused a dramatic shift in the role of the woman in the work force in 1941?
10. What did the radical atmosphere of the 1920's make possible for Blacks to initiate in the political arena?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)