Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine, in January 1924, announced that it would "show in pictures as well as writing, Negro women who are unique, accomplished, beautiful, intelligent, industrious, talented, and successful"?
(a) "Women's Day."
(b) "The Messenger."
(c) "The Truth."
2. How much did Mary McLeod Bethune have as her initial investment to start a school?
3. What school, according to the chapter "The Radical Interracialists," was tongue-lashed by Congress for its library containing a book on socialism?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Howard University.
(d) William and Mary University.
4. Who founded the UNIA?
(a) Malcolm X.
(b) Louis Farican.
(c) Marcus Garvey.
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. What group "went to the extraordinary length of taking a stand against lynching in 1917"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Black branches did the YWCA have in the South in 1906?
2. How many lynching took place between 1919 and 1923?
3. In what year did Legenia Burns Hope organize the Atlanta Neighborhod Union?
4. What advertising image did the chapter "A Search for Self" state was grotesque? (As pointed out by Elise McDougald.)
5. In 1945, what percent of the American workforce was women?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)