|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the NAACP's magazine?
(a) "The Voice."
(b) "The Crisis."
(c) "The Call."
(d) "The Truth."
2. What Black poet's work was entered into "The Congressional Record" by Senator Henry Lodge?
(a) Claude McKay.
(b) Maya Angelou.
(c) Arna Bontemps.
(d) Selma Thompkins.
3. In what year was the first segregated YWCA chartered in Ohio?
4. In what year did Booker T. Washington die?
5. How many Black branches of the YWCA were there by 1919?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did critics in 1900 state was the author of "the most powerful protest novel . . . with the exception of Ann Perry"?
2. How many days did it take the Black female workers and the I.N. Vaughn Company to come to an agreement on new work conditions and wages?
3. What riot inspired the sonnet that Senator Henry Cabot Lodge placed into "The Congressional Record"?
4. During Bethune's travel through 21 states, what percent of youth did she find to be Black?
5. In what year was the Anti-Lynching Crusaders organized?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused a dramatic shift in the role of the woman in the work force in 1941?
2. What accomplishments did the NACW have by 1916?
3. In 1920, what did the YWCA go on record as advocating?
4. What happened to the Daytona School for Girls between 1915 and 1927?
5. What two developments changed the image of Black women following WWI?
6. What concerns did interracial cooperation in the workplace world bring about?
7. What did the radical atmosphere of the 1920's make possible for Blacks to initiate in the political arena?
8. Describe the KKK between 1915 and 1919.
9. What questions were Blacks left with in the years following WWI?
10. Why did the election of Franklin D. Roosevelt not give Black leaders any reason to celebrate?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)