|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people, out of the 139 named, were of mixed heritage in W.E.B. Du Bois' "Who's Who of Colored Americans"?
2. What advertising image did the chapter "A Search for Self" state was grotesque? (As pointed out by Elise McDougald.)
(a) Rastus-Cream of Wheat.
(b) Aunt Jemima.
(c) Uncle Ben.
(d) Mrs. Butterworth.
3. Who was the first Black woman named to the federal bench and also became the Manhattan Borough President in 1954?
(a) Constance Baker Motley.
(b) Chandra Smith-Jones.
(c) Claire Stuckker-Morris.
(d) Bridget Brown-Marker.
4. According to the chapter "Toward Interracial Cooperation," where did Black and White women "find a common meeting ground"?
(a) Religious orientation.
(b) Sexual orientation.
(c) Women in the workplace issues.
(d) Patriarchial issues.
5. In 1916, what group launched a campaign to save the home of Frederick Douglass from default?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave the organization trying to save Frederick Douglass's home the last $500 dollars needed to purchase the mortgage note?
2. What mission in New York, helped women get job-placement, job training, and offered Afro-American history courses?
3. How many days did it take the Black female workers and the I.N. Vaughn Company to come to an agreement on new work conditions and wages?
4. What Black poet's work was entered into "The Congressional Record" by Senator Henry Lodge?
5. In what year was the Council for Interracial Cooperation founded?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)