|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state was Mary McLeod Bethune born?
(c) South Carolina.
2. What year was the Dryer bill introduced to Congress?
3. What was sold to raise part of the rest of the money needed to finance the school that Bethune needed to start her school?
(d) Pies and cakes.
4. What President's wife, in 1934, began taking an active stand on racial issues?
(a) Bess Truman.
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(c) Lou Hoover.
(d) Mamie Eisenhower.
5. In what year was the Brown vs. Topeka Board of Education Supreme Court case argued?
Short Answer Questions
1. Prior to the United States entering into WWII, what percent of school systems refused to hire married women?
2. What year's census showed that "all women employed in manufacturing and mechanical industries were Black"?
3. What was the first theatrical production to feature attractively costumed, glamorous Black women?
4. What did the chapter "Toward Interracial Cooperation" name as the most "pressing reason to draw out the poison of racial antagonism"?
5. What was the name of the sheriff that upheld segregation ordinance in Birmingham, Alabama?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concerns did interracial cooperation in the workplace world bring about?
2. How did the Federal Emergency Relief Administration of the Department of Labor make life harder for Blacks during the Depression?
3. What two developments changed the image of Black women following WWI?
4. How did Mary McLeod Bethune finance the Daytona School for Girls?
5. What allowed Eleanor Roosevelt to fully overcome her racial prejudice?
6. Why did the chapter "Cusp of a New Era" state that Black club women's achievements were most satisfying?
7. In 1920, what did the YWCA go on record as advocating?
8. What change did the Susan B. Anthony Amendment face in regard to the Jones Amendment?
9. What were the ratio differences between young Black women and young White women over the age of fourteen working?
10. In 1919, what unusual step did Senator Henry Cabot Lodge take?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)