|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mission in New York, helped women get job-placement, job training, and offered Afro-American history courses?
(a) White Rose Mission.
(b) Purple Iris Mission.
(c) The Tulip Mission.
(d) The Oak Mission.
2. How many American women were working 1945?
(a) 20 million.
(b) 35 million.
(c) 11 million.
(d) 7 million.
3. What did Elise McDougald state was assuming a subordinate place in regard to feminists efforts?
(a) "The struggle of race."
(b) "The equality struggle."
(c) "The struggle of Black women alone."
(d) "The sex struggle."
4. Where was the Council for Interracial Cooperation founded?
(d) Washington, D.C.
5. What Black poet's work was entered into "The Congressional Record" by Senator Henry Lodge?
(a) Claude McKay.
(b) Maya Angelou.
(c) Arna Bontemps.
(d) Selma Thompkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Bethune's travel through 21 states, what percentage of young Blacks were on relief?
2. How many brothers and sister did Mary McLeod Bethune have?
3. Why did the magazine of the NAACP in 1919 state that Black women felt pride for Black men during the race riots?
4. What site did Bethune put a down-payment on to start a school?
5. What year's census showed that "all women employed in manufacturing and mechanical industries were Black"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What accomplishments did the NACW have by 1916?
2. What desire did Mary McLeod Bethune have after leaving Presbyterian Mission School?
3. In 1919, what unusual step did Senator Henry Cabot Lodge take?
4. What questions were Blacks left with in the years following WWI?
5. What affect did WWI have on Blacks?
6. How did the Federal Emergency Relief Administration of the Department of Labor make life harder for Blacks during the Depression?
7. What did the radical atmosphere of the 1920's make possible for Blacks to initiate in the political arena?
8. What was Madame Walker known for?
9. Why did "Half-Century" in 1922 state that brown skin was more appealing?
10. Why did the election of Franklin D. Roosevelt not give Black leaders any reason to celebrate?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)