|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Legenia Burns Hope organize the Atlanta Neighborhod Union?
2. According to the chapter "Black Braintrusters," where were the first Black aviators for WWII trained?
(a) West Point.
(d) Fort Knox.
3. At which bible institute did Mary McLeod Bethune study?
(a) Hawking's Bible Institute.
(b) New York's Bible Institute.
(c) Moody Bible Institute.
(d) Henderson Southern Baptist Institute.
4. In 1916, what group launched a campaign to save the home of Frederick Douglass from default?
5. What site did Bethune put a down-payment on to start a school?
(a) A former garbage-dump site.
(b) A former jail-house.
(c) A former slave auction site.
(d) A former cotton plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the 1920s, what rate decreased?
2. How many lynching took place between 1919 and 1923?
3. How many American women were working 1945?
4. What novel described all kinds of women with poetic rapture?
5. What was the name of the NAACP's magazine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the chapter "Cusp of a New Era" state that Black club women's achievements were most satisfying?
2. What desire did Mary McLeod Bethune have after leaving Presbyterian Mission School?
3. What caused a dramatic shift in the role of the woman in the work force in 1941?
4. What questions were Blacks left with in the years following WWI?
5. What preparations did Lugenia Burns Hope make for the CIC meeting in Memphis?
6. In the South, what did racial antipathy do?
7. What was the Negro Congress and the Southern Negro Youth Congress able to settle in regard to the strike between Black women and the I.N. Vaughn Company?
8. Why did "Half-Century" in 1922 state that brown skin was more appealing?
9. What was Madame Walker known for?
10. What initially was to happen to the monies granted for slum clearance in Daytona Beach?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)