|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the "talk of the twenties"?
(a) Social change.
(d) Women working?
2. What did the chapter "A Search for Self" compare postwar America to?
(a) "A hunt with no prey."
(b) "A hall of mirrors."
(c) "An unending tunnel."
(d) "A dense forest."
3. What poet did Bethune hire as an assistant for her position as the Negro Affairs director?
(a) Langston Hughes.
(b) Zora Neal Hurston.
(c) Jean Toomer.
(d) Frank Horne.
4. What was Mary McLeod Bethune riding aboard in 1927?
(a) A submarine.
(b) A slave ship.
(c) A Navy cruise ship.
(d) A ocean-liner.
5. Who founded the UNIA?
(a) Malcolm X.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Louis Farican.
(d) Marcus Garvey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lynching took place between 1919 and 1923?
2. What was the name of the sheriff that upheld segregation ordinance in Birmingham, Alabama?
3. What year's census showed that "all women employed in manufacturing and mechanical industries were Black"?
4. How much did the cost of living rise from 1914 to 1918?
5. What Black poet's work was entered into "The Congressional Record" by Senator Henry Lodge?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)