|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1916, what group launched a campaign to save the home of Frederick Douglass from default?
2. Who founded the UNIA?
(a) Marcus Garvey.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Louis Farican.
(d) Malcolm X.
3. What advertising image did the chapter "A Search for Self" state was grotesque? (As pointed out by Elise McDougald.)
(a) Uncle Ben.
(b) Aunt Jemima.
(c) Rastus-Cream of Wheat.
(d) Mrs. Butterworth.
4. How many children were in Charlotte Hawkins Brown's family?
5. How many people, out of the 139 named, were of mixed heritage in W.E.B. Du Bois' "Who's Who of Colored Americans"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chapter "Black Braintrusters," where were the first Black aviators for WWII trained?
2. How many American women were working 1945?
3. What was the name of the sheriff that upheld segregation ordinance in Birmingham, Alabama?
4. What year was the Dryer bill introduced to Congress?
5. In 1945, what percent of the American workforce was women?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the South, what did racial antipathy do?
2. What happened to the Daytona School for Girls between 1915 and 1927?
3. What did the radical atmosphere of the 1920's make possible for Blacks to initiate in the political arena?
4. What was the Negro Congress and the Southern Negro Youth Congress able to settle in regard to the strike between Black women and the I.N. Vaughn Company?
5. What were the ratio differences between young Black women and young White women over the age of fourteen working?
6. Why did the chapter "Cusp of a New Era" state that Black club women's achievements were most satisfying?
7. What change did the Susan B. Anthony Amendment face in regard to the Jones Amendment?
8. What caused a dramatic shift in the role of the woman in the work force in 1941?
9. Why did "Half-Century" in 1922 state that brown skin was more appealing?
10. What did the suffrage campaign represent for Black women?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)