|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was elected President of the United States in 1932?
2. What poet did Bethune hire as an assistant for her position as the Negro Affairs director?
(a) Zora Neal Hurston.
(b) Frank Horne.
(c) Langston Hughes.
(d) Jean Toomer.
3. How many Black judges were "in the system" in New York City?
4. Who was quoted at the opening of the chapter "The Second World War and After"?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Sojourner Truth.
(c) Virginia Durr.
(d) Malcolm X.
5. What year was the Dryer bill introduced to Congress?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Black branches of the YWCA were there by 1919?
2. In what year was the Federal Employment Practices Commission established?
3. According to the chapter "Black Braintrusters," where were the first Black aviators for WWII trained?
4. What novel described all kinds of women with poetic rapture?
5. Prior to the United States entering into WWII, what percent of school systems refused to hire married women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What change did the Susan B. Anthony Amendment face in regard to the Jones Amendment?
2. What was the Negro Congress and the Southern Negro Youth Congress able to settle in regard to the strike between Black women and the I.N. Vaughn Company?
3. What was Madame Walker known for?
4. Why did the election of Franklin D. Roosevelt not give Black leaders any reason to celebrate?
5. What initially was to happen to the monies granted for slum clearance in Daytona Beach?
6. What affect did WWI have on Blacks?
7. In 1919, what unusual step did Senator Henry Cabot Lodge take?
8. What desire did Mary McLeod Bethune have after leaving Presbyterian Mission School?
9. What two developments changed the image of Black women following WWI?
10. What did the suffrage campaign represent for Black women?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)