|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What riot inspired the sonnet that Senator Henry Cabot Lodge placed into "The Congressional Record"?
(a) The Charleston riot.
(b) The Virginia riot.
(c) The Chicago riot.
(d) The New York riot.
2. According to the chapter "Toward Interracial Cooperation," where did Black and White women "find a common meeting ground"?
(a) Women in the workplace issues.
(b) Religious orientation.
(c) Patriarchial issues.
(d) Sexual orientation.
3. What Black poet's work was entered into "The Congressional Record" by Senator Henry Lodge?
(a) Arna Bontemps.
(b) Selma Thompkins.
(c) Claude McKay.
(d) Maya Angelou.
4. In what year was the first segregated YWCA chartered in Ohio?
5. In what year was the Brown vs. Topeka Board of Education Supreme Court case argued?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Booker T. Washington die?
2. How much could a young unmarried woman in domestic service in the North earn in a week during 1920?
3. Where was the Council for Interracial Cooperation founded?
4. Who was the first White woman named as executive director of the CIC?
5. In 1941, who was the Secretary of War that Bethune wrote to regarding the war department's failure to invite the NCNW to a meeting that was organizing women for the war effort?
Short Essay Questions
1. What allowed Eleanor Roosevelt to fully overcome her racial prejudice?
2. What preparations did Lugenia Burns Hope make for the CIC meeting in Memphis?
3. What were the ratio differences between young Black women and young White women over the age of fourteen working?
4. What did Mary McLeod Bethune do at the age of 52 in 1927?
5. What change did the Susan B. Anthony Amendment face in regard to the Jones Amendment?
6. What caused a dramatic shift in the role of the woman in the work force in 1941?
7. Describe the KKK between 1915 and 1919.
8. What was the Negro Congress and the Southern Negro Youth Congress able to settle in regard to the strike between Black women and the I.N. Vaughn Company?
9. What concerns did interracial cooperation in the workplace world bring about?
10. In 1919, what unusual step did Senator Henry Cabot Lodge take?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)