|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Chapter "Defending Our Name," what city in 1893 exported more cotton than any other city in America?
2. Who, at an 1869 convention, spoke in support of the Fifteenth Amendment?
(a) Frances Ellen Harper.
(b) Donna Mary Banks.
(c) Mattie Griffith.
(d) W.E.B. Du Bois.
3. According to the chapter "Defending Our Name" what did Black women have to confront and redefine?
4. To whom did Mary Church Terrell look to for help in her address to President Harrison?
(a) W.E.B. Du Bois.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Federick Douglass.
(d) Marcus Garvey.
5. According to Virginia law, how many additional years of servitude did a servant woman have to serve if she bore the child of her master?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1895, who was the principal of the Tuskegee Institute?
2. What was the name of the first Black child born in America?
3. Who wrote the poem "Deliverance"?
4. In what city did Black washerwomen announce that they were going to charge a standard rate for their work? (1866)
5. What did Dr. Cesare Lombroso publish in 1876?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Madame Walker known for?
2. Describe the KKK between 1915 and 1919.
3. What was the goal of the CWPA?
4. Why did "Half-Century" in 1922 state that brown skin was more appealing?
5. Why did the chapter "The Quest for Woman Suffrage" state that women's suffrage was important?
6. What did the end of the chapter "Prelude to a Movement" state were the problems that educated Black women faced?
7. What were Thomas Moss's final words before he was lynched in Tennessee?
8. Why did the election of Franklin D. Roosevelt not give Black leaders any reason to celebrate?
9. Why did many of the Baptist clergy state that the only place for women was in the church singing?
10. What desire did Mary McLeod Bethune have after leaving Presbyterian Mission School?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)