|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the largest Black sorority in 1908?
(a) Pi Beta Alpha.
(b) Alpha Kappa Alpha.
(c) Kappa Delta Sigma.
(d) Alpha Beta Kappa.
2. In 1895, who was the principal of the Tuskegee Institute?
(a) Booker T. Washington.
(b) Frederick Douglass.
(c) Terrance Williams.
(d) Andrew Carnegie.
3. Who wrote an editorial in the newspaper "Free Speech" that spoke of the lynching of the grocer?
(a) Mary Church Terrell.
(b) Ida B. Wells.
(c) W.E.B. Du Bois.
(d) Frederick Douglass.
4. According to Virginia law, how many additional years of servitude did a servant woman have to serve if she bore the child of her master?
5. Where was Mary Church Terrell living when she heard the news of the grocer's lynching?
(b) New York City.
(c) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became the first Black Alderman of Chicago?
2. What was the name of the Black woman that threatened to boycott the Seneca Falls Convention in 1848 if Black women were not given a "more substantial voice in the proceedings"?
3. Who led the NCLU at its founding meeting in Washington, D.C. in 1869?
4. What did Ida B. Wells claim "should have a place of honor in every home"?
5. How many Black women were registered to vote in New York, where their vote successfully brought about the delegation of Gertrude Curtis and Laura Fisher to the Republican Convention?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the purpose of the World Colombian Exposition of 1893?
2. What were the differences between the Black and White women's organizations?
3. Although written to discuss the animal world, Charles Darwin's "Origin of Species" was consequently paralleled to human society. How was this explained?
4. According to the chapter "Casting of the Die," how did English slave traders describe Black women?
5. What caused Mary Church Terrell to plunge head-first into a life of vibrant activism?
6. Why did many of the Baptist clergy state that the only place for women was in the church singing?
7. Why did the chapter "The Quest for Woman Suffrage" state that women's suffrage was important?
8. A month before Blacks set foot in Virginia, what laws did the House of Burgesses pass?
9. What were Thomas Moss's final words before he was lynched in Tennessee?
10. What did Robert Purvis say about the equality of sexes?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)