|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many signatures did the Victoria Earle Mathew's Loyal Union collect in support of the Blair Amendment?
2. What, according to the first item of business of the Black leaders' agenda, did women have to defend?
(b) Moral integrity.
(d) Their ability to work.
3. In 1914, who were the largest group of voters in South Carolina?
(a) Black women.
(b) White men.
(c) Black men.
(d) White women.
4. What was the name of the White women's club founded in 1868 because of the exclusion of women journalists.
(a) The American Woman Writers Club.
(b) The Sorosis Women's Club.
(c) The American Journalists Club.
(d) The New York Woman Writers Club.
5. In 1830, who did Maria Stewart tell that it was their duty to cultivate a pure heart and thirst for knowledge in their children?
(a) Black and white mothers.
(c) Black men.
(d) Black mothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was known as the "Uncrowned Queen of American Democracy"?
2. What did the chapter, "To Be A Woman Sublime" state to be a watershed in the history of Black women?
3. In 1913, what group organized a march in Washington, D.C. for the day before Woodrow Wilson's inauguration?
4. Whom did the Fifteenth Amendment permit the right to vote to?
5. How many lynchings occurred in 1892?
Short Essay Questions
1. What headlines ran on Christmas Day in 1884 in the "Daily Appeal"?
2. In 1919, what unusual step did Senator Henry Cabot Lodge take?
3. What commonalities did Black and White women's organizations have?
4. Although written to discuss the animal world, Charles Darwin's "Origin of Species" was consequently paralleled to human society. How was this explained?
5. What were the differences between the Black and White women's organizations?
6. Describe the KKK between 1915 and 1919.
7. What two developments changed the image of Black women following WWI?
8. Why did the election of Franklin D. Roosevelt not give Black leaders any reason to celebrate?
9. How did Mary McLeod Bethune finance the Daytona School for Girls?
10. What happened to the Daytona School for Girls between 1915 and 1927?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)