|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lottie Wilson Jackson not want Black women to be compelled to ride in?
(a) "Colored cars."
(b) Luggage cars.
(c) Smoking cars.
(d) Third Class.
2. In the chapter "To Be a Woman Sublime," according to Francis Ellen Harper the nineteenth century is discovering what?
(a) "Woman's power over man."
(b) "Woman herself."
(c) "Colored women."
(d) "Man's power over woman."
3. What exposition in 1893 presented Black women with the opportunity to address the redefining of the criteria of true womanhood?
(a) The Black Rights Exposition.
(b) The Southern Rights Exposition.
(c) The World Colombian Exposition.
(d) The American Liberal Exposition.
4. In what year was Darwin's "Origin of Species" published?
5. In what year did the Fifteenth Amendment pass?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the leading suffragist of the Tuskegee Woman's Club (as denoted in the chapter "The Quest for Woman Suffrage")?
2. Who in February of 1893 was lynched in Paris, Texas under the accusation that he had raped a 5-year-old White girl?
3. What did Ida B. Wells-Barnett claim robbed women of one of the most glorious advantages?
4. What was the name of the Black woman that threatened to boycott the Seneca Falls Convention in 1848 if Black women were not given a "more substantial voice in the proceedings"?
5. What did the chapter, "To Be A Woman Sublime" state to be a watershed in the history of Black women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the differences between the Black and White women's organizations?
2. How did Representative Clark of Florida (1915) prefer to look at women?
3. At a women's rights meeting in Akron, Ohio, what was Sojourner Truth's message?
4. What happened as a result of Ida B. Wellss' British tour?
5. Describe the two sides regarding the Fifteenth Amendment.
6. What law did Virginia pass in regard to children born to Black female slaves and their masters?
7. A month before Blacks set foot in Virginia, what laws did the House of Burgesses pass?
8. What incident moved W.E.B. Du Bois to praise Black women for their courage?
9. Ultimately, why was Thomas Moss lynched?
10. What contradictions did Black women face when it came to supporting Booker T. Washington?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)