|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Virginia law, how many additional years of servitude did a servant woman have to serve if she bore the child of her master?
2. According to Virginia law, if a Christian was found to "commit fornication" with a Negro man or woman, how would his fines multiply?
(a) By four.
(b) By three.
(c) By two.
(d) By six.
3. What caused the death of both of Ida B. Wells' parents?
(c) Yellow fever.
(d) Small pox.
4. In 1895, who was the principal of the Tuskegee Institute?
(a) Booker T. Washington.
(b) Frederick Douglass.
(c) Andrew Carnegie.
(d) Terrance Williams.
5. What did the chapter, "To Be A Woman Sublime" state to be a watershed in the history of Black women?
(a) The organization of the NACW.
(b) The organization of th YWCA.
(c) The organization of the AAWO.
(d) The NAACP.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Anna Julia Cooper state was the "finest woman I have ever known"?
2. Who became the first Black Alderman of Chicago?
3. Whom did the Fifteenth Amendment permit the right to vote to?
4. Who from Columbia University described the late nineteenth century as a time of "rapid expansion, desperate competition and peremptory rejection of failure"?
5. In 1913, what group organized a march in Washington, D.C. for the day before Woodrow Wilson's inauguration?
Short Essay Questions
1. What law did Virginia pass in regard to children born to Black female slaves and their masters?
2. What were the differences between the Black and White women's organizations?
3. According to the chapter "Casting of the Die," how did English slave traders describe Black women?
4. How did Mary Ann Shadd Cary prove that she, as a Black woman, should have the right to vote?
5. What contradictions did Black women face when it came to supporting Booker T. Washington?
6. At a women's rights meeting in Akron, Ohio, what was Sojourner Truth's message?
7. What did Robert Purvis say about the equality of sexes?
8. What commonalities did Black and White women's organizations have?
9. What did the end of the chapter "Prelude to a Movement" state were the problems that educated Black women faced?
10. What were Thomas Moss's final words before he was lynched in Tennessee?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)