|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the Gross National Product between 1869 and 1899?
(a) It was cut by one fourth.
(b) It doubled.
(c) It was cut in half.
(d) It tripled.
2. What exposition in 1893 presented Black women with the opportunity to address the redefining of the criteria of true womanhood?
(a) The American Liberal Exposition.
(b) The World Colombian Exposition.
(c) The Southern Rights Exposition.
(d) The Black Rights Exposition.
3. According to Virginia law, if a Christian was found to "commit fornication" with a Negro man or woman, how would his fines multiply?
(a) By three.
(b) By two.
(c) By six.
(d) By four.
4. According to the text, what were Black women "especially adept" at doing to their masters?
(a) Poisoning them.
(b) Escaping them.
(c) Burning fields.
(d) Seducing them.
5. Who, in 1867, spoke against the Fifteenth Amendment before the AERA?
(a) Elizabeth Cady Stanton.
(b) Ida B. Wells.
(c) Sojourner Truth.
(d) Frederick Douglass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were servant women sold to if they were found guilty of bearing a child of her master's in Virginia?
2. Who became dean of Howard University, was a founding member of the NAACP, and opposed women's suffrage?
3. Who was the author of the first Black novel written in America?
4. Who was the leading suffragist of the Tuskegee Woman's Club (as denoted in the chapter "The Quest for Woman Suffrage")?
5. Who, in 1609, was sold to a group of Native Americans by Captain John Smith?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two developments changed the image of Black women following WWI?
2. What did the suffrage campaign represent for Black women?
3. What contradictions did Black women face when it came to supporting Booker T. Washington?
4. What questions were Blacks left with in the years following WWI?
5. How did Representative Clark of Florida (1915) prefer to look at women?
6. What concerns did interracial cooperation in the workplace world bring about?
7. What incident moved W.E.B. Du Bois to praise Black women for their courage?
8. What preparations did Lugenia Burns Hope make for the CIC meeting in Memphis?
9. What was required of Blacks who rode the buses in Montgomery, Alabama?
10. According to Virginia Durr, what were the two ways that the Depression affected people?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)