|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What club was organized by Ida Wells-Barnett in 1913.
(a) The Rights of Women in Illinois Club.
(b) The Women's Suffrage Club.
(c) The Alpha Suffrage Club.
(d) The Illinois Women's Club.
2. Who, according to W.E.B. Du Bois, could you not bribe?
(a) White women.
(b) Black women.
(c) White people.
(d) Black people.
3. What was the name of the Black woman that threatened to boycott the Seneca Falls Convention in 1848 if Black women were not given a "more substantial voice in the proceedings"?
(a) Ida B. Jones.
(b) Mary Franklin.
(c) Jane P. Merritt.
(d) Josephine Seams.
4. Who wrote the poem "Deliverance"?
(a) Francis Ellen Harper.
(b) Milly Green.
(c) Mary Church.
(d) Sojourner Truth.
5. What caused the death of both of Ida B. Wells' parents?
(b) Small pox.
(d) Yellow fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, by order of the House of Burgesses, were masters of slaves able to do to their servants?
2. Who wrote an editorial in the newspaper "Free Speech" that spoke of the lynching of the grocer?
3. Where was Mary Church Terrell living when she heard the news of the grocer's lynching?
4. How many Black women were registered to vote in New York, where their vote successfully brought about the delegation of Gertrude Curtis and Laura Fisher to the Republican Convention?
5. In the chapter "To Be a Woman Sublime," according to Francis Ellen Harper the nineteenth century is discovering what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did many of the Baptist clergy state that the only place for women was in the church singing?
2. What were Thomas Moss's final words before he was lynched in Tennessee?
3. What were the differences between the Black and White women's organizations?
4. Why was the Black family under siege between 1890 and 1910?
5. Why did the chapter "The Quest for Woman Suffrage" state that women's suffrage was important?
6. How did Representative Clark of Florida (1915) prefer to look at women?
7. What caused Mary Church Terrell to plunge head-first into a life of vibrant activism?
8. What law did Virginia pass in regard to children born to Black female slaves and their masters?
9. According to the chapter "Casting of the Die," how did English slave traders describe Black women?
10. Ultimately, why was Thomas Moss lynched?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)