|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the text claim was so "rampant" in the South that thousands of Black women were compelled to leave the South?
(c) Wife beatings.
(d) Sexual exploitation.
2. What did Dr. Cesare Lombroso publish in 1876?
(a) "Wickedness of the Black."
(b) "Science of the Negro."
(c) "Adaptations of the Post-Slave."
(d) "Criminal Man."
3. Who was by law ordered to be whipped for laying with a negro in 1630?
(a) Hugh Davis.
(b) Frederick Salts.
(c) Richard Martin.
(d) Deacon Marks.
4. What did Ida B. Wells claim "should have a place of honor in every home"?
(a) Freedom papers.
(b) A Winchester rifle.
(c) A deed to the home.
(d) The man of the household.
5. What, by order of the House of Burgesses, were masters of slaves able to do to their servants?
(a) Whip them.
(b) Hang them.
(c) Have intercourse with them.
(d) Starve them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the first African men and women come to Virginia?
2. Who, at an 1869 convention, spoke in support of the Fifteenth Amendment?
3. In 1914, who were the largest group of voters in South Carolina?
4. To whom did Mary Church Terrell look to for help in her address to President Harrison?
5. How old was Mary Church Terrell when she learned of the lynching of the grocer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the two sides regarding the Fifteenth Amendment.
2. What were the differences between the Black and White women's organizations?
3. What happened as a result of Ida B. Wellss' British tour?
4. How did Representative Clark of Florida (1915) prefer to look at women?
5. What was the purpose of the World Colombian Exposition of 1893?
6. What did the end of the chapter "Prelude to a Movement" state were the problems that educated Black women faced?
7. What did Ida B. Wells read in a paper after attending a meeting in Washington, D.C. to speak before Black women activists?
8. What commonalities did Black and White women's organizations have?
9. What opinion did "The Woman's Era" (1894) offer regarding the traditional roles of women?
10. What were Thomas Moss's final words before he was lynched in Tennessee?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)