|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dr. Cesare Lombroso publish in 1876?
(a) "Criminal Man."
(b) "Adaptations of the Post-Slave."
(c) "Science of the Negro."
(d) "Wickedness of the Black."
2. How many Whites were shot on the Saturday night raid on the local Black grocery?
3. Who in February of 1893 was lynched in Paris, Texas under the accusation that he had raped a 5-year-old White girl?
(a) Charlie Moor.
(b) Terrance Scott.
(c) Henry Smith.
(d) Robert Stank.
4. What punishment did Maria receive for attempting to burn down her master's home in Massachusetts?
(b) Sale to a tobacco farm.
(c) Burned at the stake.
5. Where did Lucy C. Laney graduate from?
(a) William and Mary.
(b) Atlanta University.
(c) Cornell University.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1913, what group organized a march in Washington, D.C. for the day before Woodrow Wilson's inauguration?
2. What was the name of the first Black novel published in America? (1861)
3. What did the chapter, "To Be A Woman Sublime" state to be a watershed in the history of Black women?
4. How old was Mary Church Terrell when she learned of the lynching of the grocer?
5. In what year did the Fifteenth Amendment pass?
Short Essay Questions
1. What contradictions did Black women face when it came to supporting Booker T. Washington?
2. What happened as a result of Ida B. Wellss' British tour?
3. What caused Mary Church Terrell to plunge head-first into a life of vibrant activism?
4. What did Ida B. Wells read in a paper after attending a meeting in Washington, D.C. to speak before Black women activists?
5. What commonalities did Black and White women's organizations have?
6. A month before Blacks set foot in Virginia, what laws did the House of Burgesses pass?
7. What headlines ran on Christmas Day in 1884 in the "Daily Appeal"?
8. What was the purpose of the World Colombian Exposition of 1893?
9. Describe the two sides regarding the Fifteenth Amendment.
10. According to the chapter "Casting of the Die," how did English slave traders describe Black women?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)