|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the chapter "Toward Interracial Cooperation" name as the most "pressing reason to draw out the poison of racial antagonism"?
(a) Social justice.
2. What was the name of the NAACP's magazine?
(a) "The Crisis."
(b) "The Call."
(c) "The Truth."
(d) "The Voice."
3. What was Mary McLeod Bethune riding aboard in 1927?
(a) A submarine.
(b) A Navy cruise ship.
(c) A slave ship.
(d) A ocean-liner.
4. What was the "talk of the twenties"?
(b) Social change.
(c) Women working?
5. According to the chapter "Toward Interracial Cooperation," where did Black and White women "find a common meeting ground"?
(a) Religious orientation.
(b) Sexual orientation.
(c) Women in the workplace issues.
(d) Patriarchial issues.
6. What was the name of the student that spoke out against the Congressional tongue-lashing a university received for having a book on socialism in it's library?
(a) Langston Hughes.
(b) Countee Cullen.
(c) Zora Neale Hurston.
(d) Maya Angelou.
7. What show featured Black women singing arias from "Faust," "Rigoletto," and other operas?
(d) Classics on Stage.
8. According to the chapter "Black Braintrusters," how many Black women marched into the White House in 1941?
9. What group "went to the extraordinary length of taking a stand against lynching in 1917"?
10. What did Elise McDougald state was assuming a subordinate place in regard to feminists efforts?
(a) "The struggle of Black women alone."
(b) "The equality struggle."
(c) "The struggle of race."
(d) "The sex struggle."
11. In what year was the Council for Interracial Cooperation founded?
12. How many Black judges were "in the system" in New York City?
13. How many American women were working 1945?
(a) 20 million.
(b) 7 million.
(c) 35 million.
(d) 11 million.
14. At which bible institute did Mary McLeod Bethune study?
(a) New York's Bible Institute.
(b) Moody Bible Institute.
(c) Henderson Southern Baptist Institute.
(d) Hawking's Bible Institute.
15. What state law covered under federal legislation, declared that one spouse must resign if the other was gainfully employed?
(a) Federal Single Family Employment Act.
(b) Federal Fair Work Act.
(c) Federal Women's Work Act.
(d) Federal Economy Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was quoted at the opening of the chapter "The Second World War and After"?
2. Who was elected President of the United States in 1932?
3. What mission in New York, helped women get job-placement, job training, and offered Afro-American history courses?
4. America was the ___________ nation to enfranchise women.
5. How much could a young unmarried woman in domestic service in the North earn in a week during 1920?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)