Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine, in January 1924, announced that it would "show in pictures as well as writing, Negro women who are unique, accomplished, beautiful, intelligent, industrious, talented, and successful"?
(a) "Women's Day."
(b) "The Messenger."
(c) "The Truth."
2. How much did Mary McLeod Bethune have as her initial investment to start a school?
3. What school, according to the chapter "The Radical Interracialists," was tongue-lashed by Congress for its library containing a book on socialism?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Howard University.
(d) William and Mary University.
4. Who founded the UNIA?
(a) Malcolm X.
(b) Louis Farican.
(c) Marcus Garvey.
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. What group "went to the extraordinary length of taking a stand against lynching in 1917"?
6. How many Black branches did the YWCA have in the South in 1906?
7. How many lynching took place between 1919 and 1923?
8. In what year did Legenia Burns Hope organize the Atlanta Neighborhod Union?
9. What advertising image did the chapter "A Search for Self" state was grotesque? (As pointed out by Elise McDougald.)
(a) Aunt Jemima.
(b) Uncle Ben.
(c) Mrs. Butterworth.
(d) Rastus-Cream of Wheat.
10. In 1945, what percent of the American workforce was women?
11. How many brothers and sister did Mary McLeod Bethune have?
12. What did the chapter "A Search for Self" compare postwar America to?
(a) "A hall of mirrors."
(b) "A hunt with no prey."
(c) "A dense forest."
(d) "An unending tunnel."
13. How many Black branches of the YWCA were there by 1919?
14. In what year was the Brown vs. Topeka Board of Education Supreme Court case argued?
15. Why did the magazine of the NAACP in 1919 state that Black women felt pride for Black men during the race riots?
(a) Because the Black men had "taken out the White man for once."
(b) Because the Balck men had "stood like men."
(c) Because the Black man had "not backed down from each other."
(d) Because the Black man had "stood up for the Black woman."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children were in Charlotte Hawkins Brown's family?
2. In 1941, who was the Secretary of War that Bethune wrote to regarding the war department's failure to invite the NCNW to a meeting that was organizing women for the war effort?
3. What President's wife, in 1934, began taking an active stand on racial issues?
4. In 1937, how many Black woman walked out of the I.N. Vaughn Company because of low wages and hard work?
5. In what year did Booker T. Washington die?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)