|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1935, what leader of the Texas state committee insisted that Texas Whites would object to an integrated Texas community?
(a) Paul Minors.
(b) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) Martin B. Hidgins.
2. How much could a young unmarried woman in domestic service in the North earn in a week during 1920?
3. Who ran unsuccessfully for president of the NACW in 1924?
(a) Ida Well-Barnett.
(b) Mary Church Terrell.
(c) Mary McLeod Bethune.
(d) Sojourner Truth.
4. What was the name of the NAACP's magazine?
(a) "The Truth."
(b) "The Voice."
(c) "The Crisis."
(d) "The Call."
5. In 1915, how many students graduated from Daytona School for Girls?
6. What did Elise McDougald state was assuming a subordinate place in regard to feminists efforts?
(a) "The sex struggle."
(b) "The equality struggle."
(c) "The struggle of race."
(d) "The struggle of Black women alone."
7. What President's wife, in 1934, began taking an active stand on racial issues?
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(b) Lou Hoover.
(c) Mamie Eisenhower.
(d) Bess Truman.
8. In what year was the Anti-Lynching Crusaders organized?
9. How many children were in Charlotte Hawkins Brown's family?
10. Prior to the United States entering into WWII, what percent of school systems refused to hire married women?
11. What was the name of the student that spoke out against the Congressional tongue-lashing a university received for having a book on socialism in it's library?
(a) Maya Angelou.
(b) Countee Cullen.
(c) Zora Neale Hurston.
(d) Langston Hughes.
12. In what year was the Brown vs. Topeka Board of Education Supreme Court case argued?
13. In what year was the first segregated YWCA chartered in Ohio?
14. Who was elected President of the United States in 1932?
15. During the 1920s, what rate decreased?
(a) Number of black-on-white attacks.
(b) Number of rapes.
(c) Number of inter-racial marriages.
(d) Number of professional women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who founded the UNIA?
2. After the strike on the pecan factory in St. Louis ended, how much more per week did the women working there get paid?
3. What group in 1927 invited Mary McLeod Bethune to attend a meeting held and hosted by Eleanor Roosevelt?
4. At which bible institute did Mary McLeod Bethune study?
5. According to the chapter "Toward Interracial Cooperation," where did Black and White women "find a common meeting ground"?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)