|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1914, who were the largest group of voters in South Carolina?
(a) White women.
(b) White men.
(c) Black women.
(d) Black men.
2. Who, at an 1869 convention, spoke in support of the Fifteenth Amendment?
(a) Donna Mary Banks.
(b) W.E.B. Du Bois.
(c) Mattie Griffith.
(d) Frances Ellen Harper.
3. Who was the leading suffragist of the Tuskegee Woman's Club (as denoted in the chapter "The Quest for Woman Suffrage")?
(a) Adella Hunt Logan.
(b) Margie Malcolm Knews.
(c) Sarah Brooks Banks.
(d) Dorothy Lewerys.
4. What was the name of the first Black child born in America?
(a) Baby Williams.
(b) Baby Anthoney.
(c) Baby Wells.
(d) Baby Douglass.
5. Who were servant women sold to if they were found guilty of bearing a child of her master's in Virginia?
(a) The local governing male.
(b) The local prison authorities.
(c) Another slave holder outside of Virginia.
(d) The church.
6. What did the text in the chapter "Prelude to a Movement" detail that captains of industry would later be called?
(a) "Robber barons."
(c) "Easers of Poverty."
(d) "Freedom Fighters."
7. What was the name of the slave in 1741 that attempted to burn down the entire settlement of Charleston, Massachusetts?
8. According to the Chapter "Defending Our Name," what city in 1893 exported more cotton than any other city in America?
9. In what year did the Fifteenth Amendment pass?
10. What was the name of the largest Black sorority in 1908?
(a) Alpha Kappa Alpha.
(b) Kappa Delta Sigma.
(c) Pi Beta Alpha.
(d) Alpha Beta Kappa.
11. In 1913, what group organized a march in Washington, D.C. for the day before Woodrow Wilson's inauguration?
(a) The WOW.
(b) The BWLA.
(c) The NAWSA.
(d) The NAACP.
12. In the chapter "To Be a Woman Sublime," according to Francis Ellen Harper the nineteenth century is discovering what?
(a) "Woman's power over man."
(b) "Woman herself."
(c) "Man's power over woman."
(d) "Colored women."
13. What club was organized by Ida Wells-Barnett in 1913.
(a) The Illinois Women's Club.
(b) The Women's Suffrage Club.
(c) The Rights of Women in Illinois Club.
(d) The Alpha Suffrage Club.
14. What did the text claim was so "rampant" in the South that thousands of Black women were compelled to leave the South?
(b) Wife beatings.
(d) Sexual exploitation.
15. What was the name of the White women's club founded in 1868 because of the exclusion of women journalists.
(a) The American Woman Writers Club.
(b) The American Journalists Club.
(c) The New York Woman Writers Club.
(d) The Sorosis Women's Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose philosophy did schools need to use in order to insure funding for Black schools?
2. What was the name of the first Black novel published in America? (1861)
3. What did Lottie Wilson Jackson not want Black women to be compelled to ride in?
4. What was the name of the Black woman that threatened to boycott the Seneca Falls Convention in 1848 if Black women were not given a "more substantial voice in the proceedings"?
5. Who, in 1867, spoke against the Fifteenth Amendment before the AERA?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)