Short Answer Questions
1. Who was lynched at the opening of the book?
2. What city did the lynching occur at the opening of the book?
3. What was the name of the grocery that had been a target of White resentment?
4. How many Whites were shot on the Saturday night raid on the local Black grocery?
5. How many lynchings occurred in 1892?
6. Where was Mary Church Terrell living when she heard the news of the grocer's lynching?
7. How old was Mary Church Terrell when she learned of the lynching of the grocer?
8. To whom did Mary Church Terrell look to for help in her address to President Harrison?
This section contains 4,095 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)