|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To be a Woman Sublime.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the grocery that had been a target of White resentment?
(a) Southern Grocery.
(b) First Street Grocery.
(c) Misson's Grocery.
(d) People's Grocery.
2. How many lynchings occurred in 1892?
3. Who wrote "Voice of the South"?
(a) Dawn South.
(b) Maria Strena Markerson.
(c) Anna Julia Cooper.
(d) W.E.B. Du Bois.
4. How much money did the CWL successfully lobby to establish kindergarten classes in 1898?
5. What was the name of the first Black novel published in America? (1861)
(a) "Freedom RIngs."
(c) "A Story."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the author of the first Black novel written in America?
2. Who were servant women sold to if they were found guilty of bearing a child of her master's in Virginia?
3. What happened to the Gross National Product between 1869 and 1899?
4. What did the text in the chapter "Prelude to a Movement" detail that captains of industry would later be called?
5. What caused the death of both of Ida B. Wells' parents?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)