|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To be a Woman Sublime.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the motto of the NACW?
(a) "Lifting Voices, Hope, and Acceptance."
(b) "Lifting as We Climb."
(c) "Insuring Our Voices Heard."
(d) "Acceptance, Equality, and Love."
2. What was the name of the largest Black sorority in 1908?
(a) Alpha Beta Kappa.
(b) Kappa Delta Sigma.
(c) Pi Beta Alpha.
(d) Alpha Kappa Alpha.
3. Who led the NCLU at its founding meeting in Washington, D.C. in 1869?
(a) Charles Remond.
(b) Robert Purvis.
(c) Isaac Meyers.
(d) Harriet Forten Remond.
4. What did Ida B. Wells-Barnett claim robbed women of one of the most glorious advantages?
(a) Not having children.
(b) Ignoring their culture.
(c) Marrying poor.
(d) Bowing to White power.
5. Who wrote an editorial in the newspaper "Free Speech" that spoke of the lynching of the grocer?
(a) Frederick Douglass.
(b) Ida B. Wells.
(c) W.E.B. Du Bois.
(d) Mary Church Terrell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the slave in 1741 that attempted to burn down the entire settlement of Charleston, Massachusetts?
2. In the chapter "To Be a Woman Sublime," according to Francis Ellen Harper the nineteenth century is discovering what?
3. What novel spoke to the desire of slave women to become the mistress of their masters?
4. How much money did the CWL successfully lobby to establish kindergarten classes in 1898?
5. What did Dr. Cesare Lombroso publish in 1876?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)