|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To be a Woman Sublime.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote an editorial in the newspaper "Free Speech" that spoke of the lynching of the grocer?
(a) Mary Church Terrell.
(b) Frederick Douglass.
(c) W.E.B. Du Bois.
(d) Ida B. Wells.
2. What was the name of the grocery that had been a target of White resentment?
(a) Southern Grocery.
(b) First Street Grocery.
(c) People's Grocery.
(d) Misson's Grocery.
3. To whom did Mary Church Terrell look to for help in her address to President Harrison?
(a) Federick Douglass.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Marcus Garvey.
(d) W.E.B. Du Bois.
4. How old was Mary Church Terrell when she learned of the lynching of the grocer?
5. Whom did Anna Julia Cooper state was the "finest woman I have ever known"?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The slave master's wife.
(c) Ida B. Wells.
(d) The slave whom acted as her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Black woman that threatened to boycott the Seneca Falls Convention in 1848 if Black women were not given a "more substantial voice in the proceedings"?
2. Who, at an 1869 convention, spoke in support of the Fifteenth Amendment?
3. What happened to the Gross National Product between 1869 and 1899?
4. What punishment did Maria receive for attempting to burn down her master's home in Massachusetts?
5. According to the text, what were Black women "especially adept" at doing to their masters?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)