|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Black Braintrusters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of 1935, how many northern cities had over 100,000 African-Americans in population?
2. During the 1920s, what rate decreased?
(a) Number of rapes.
(b) Number of professional women.
(c) Number of inter-racial marriages.
(d) Number of black-on-white attacks.
3. What riot inspired the sonnet that Senator Henry Cabot Lodge placed into "The Congressional Record"?
(a) The Virginia riot.
(b) The New York riot.
(c) The Charleston riot.
(d) The Chicago riot.
4. Where was Mary Church Terrell living when she heard the news of the grocer's lynching?
(b) New York City.
(c) Washington, D.C.
5. What punishment did Maria receive for attempting to burn down her master's home in Massachusetts?
(b) Burned at the stake.
(c) Sale to a tobacco farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. America was the ___________ nation to enfranchise women.
2. What did Lottie Wilson Jackson not want Black women to be compelled to ride in?
3. Who, according to a law passed by the House of Burgesses, had to give female slaves permission before they could marry?
4. What was the motto of the NACW?
5. What was the name of the first Black child born in America?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)