|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Black Braintrusters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school, according to the chapter "The Radical Interracialists," was tongue-lashed by Congress for its library containing a book on socialism?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) William and Mary University.
(d) Howard University.
2. What magazine "editorialized that brown skin was . . . more appealing to Whites"?
(d) "The Crisis."
3. Following the Civil War, why how did Black men "vindicate their manhood"?
(a) By petitioning the government.
(b) By declaring themselves head-of-household.
(c) By taking authority of women.
(d) By purchase of thier wives from the slave holder.
4. Who were servant women sold to if they were found guilty of bearing a child of her master's in Virginia?
(a) The local prison authorities.
(b) The church.
(c) The local governing male.
(d) Another slave holder outside of Virginia.
5. In 1941, who was the Secretary of War that Bethune wrote to regarding the war department's failure to invite the NCNW to a meeting that was organizing women for the war effort?
(a) Henry L. Stimson.
(b) Gordon M. Myers.
(c) Michael J. Simpson.
(d) Thomas J. Watters.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1830, who did Maria Stewart tell that it was their duty to cultivate a pure heart and thirst for knowledge in their children?
2. During the 1920s, what rate shot up?
3. Who led the NCLU at its founding meeting in Washington, D.C. in 1869?
4. How many Black women were registered to vote in New York, where their vote successfully brought about the delegation of Gertrude Curtis and Laura Fisher to the Republican Convention?
5. What did the chapter "A Search for Self" compare postwar America to?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)