|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Black Braintrusters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the motto of the NACW?
(a) "Lifting as We Climb."
(b) "Acceptance, Equality, and Love."
(c) "Lifting Voices, Hope, and Acceptance."
(d) "Insuring Our Voices Heard."
2. How old was Mary Church Terrell when she learned of the lynching of the grocer?
3. What group "went to the extraordinary length of taking a stand against lynching in 1917"?
4. What President's wife, in 1934, began taking an active stand on racial issues?
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(b) Mamie Eisenhower.
(c) Lou Hoover.
(d) Bess Truman.
5. What did Ida B. Wells-Barnett claim robbed women of one of the most glorious advantages?
(a) Ignoring their culture.
(b) Not having children.
(c) Bowing to White power.
(d) Marrying poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Bethune's travel through 21 states, what percentage of young Blacks were on relief?
2. By the end of 1935, how many northern cities had over 100,000 African-Americans in population?
3. What happened to the Gross National Product between 1869 and 1899?
4. What was the name of the slave in 1741 that attempted to burn down the entire settlement of Charleston, Massachusetts?
5. What was the name of the woman that taught former slaves in the 1860's in the South Carolina Sea Islands?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)